June 6 & 7, 2010 Anaheim V- Getting ready to party!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was like, "This thread is all gorillas & fireworks & bitch slaps."
And he was all, like, "Huh?"
And I was, like, "For realz!!!111"

:giggle:

I'm regretting my no Disneyland decision. I haven't been AND had fun in sooooooooooooooooooooooo long :panic:

Are tickets $55 right now for one day? /bitesnails

I'm regretting my no Disneyland decision. I haven't been AND had fun in sooooooooooooooooooooooo long :panic:

Are tickets $55 right now for one day? /bitesnails

I guess Maryann saw them on Craigslist for $55. Looks like you can also bid on ebay. I think at the gate, they're like $72 right now for a one-day pass.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider ebay or Craigslist. The discounts are ultimately minimal, and I wouldn't want to go to the park crossing my fingers that the pass is actually going to work. Some of those tickets also have weird quirks that make them not worth the discount at all (you'll start to see what I mean if you browse the ebay listings).

This particular page has some pretty comprehensive and up to date info on DL passes and various discounts that are available:

MouseSavers.com - Discounts on Disneyland Tickets & Passes

BTW -- note that toward the top of the page, it flat out says "It is a very bad idea to buy Disney passes on eBay or Craigslist."

got my airfare today for my brother and me. Couldn't use the 10% off coupon I had since I had held the fare and it went way up today. you cant use a coupon on a held fare. pisses me off. Paid $249 to SNA from DFW on american

It's been a long fucking week. Tomorrow will be a really long miserable day. However because my boss rocks at least there will be booze. :weekend:

If only it could be June 6th tomorrow.

no bad days for you :hug:

just saw a World Cup commercial on ESPN using "Out of Control."

my 2nd favorite song. just watched it on youtube. didn't realize the #10 was such a big number in soccer, learn something new every day. commercial is too short though.

got my airfare today for my brother and me. Couldn't use the 10% off coupon I had since I had held the fare and it went way up today. you cant use a coupon on a held fare. pisses me off. Paid $249 to SNA from DFW on american

bummer man. i would have said to wait a week because when i was booking my flight to dallas last year through AA, the fares jumped around a bit but it eventually went back down to the low i had seen a week prior. at least you have the flight and you're coming :up:

Bah - I think I just have to resign myself to the fact that I'm going to spend June 5th driving.

i can e-mail you my southwest flight info :)

didn't realize the #10 was such a big number in soccer, learn something new every day.

depends on who you talk to and what team you're looking at. although historically this number has always been worn by the playmaker (I guess equivalent to the QB on American football), sometimes strikers (the ones whose job is to put the ball in the back of the net) wear that number too. Number 9 is normally more popular because it's almost always worn by the best striker in the team, so he's on the headlines a lot.

My favorite number 10s include Gullit, Zidane, Riquelme. All have retired. :| I guess the new generation is Messi (that footage of 3 people on motorcycles all wearing Messi's jersey cracked me up) and Fabregas.

Is it better to buy the pass online or day of? And there's one for two parks? Do I get that one ? *confused* <<<<< doesn't get to Disney much.

Looking forward to gorilla pyro at CPk

One day passes for Disney are not available online. You will have to purchase those at the gate. If you plan on going two days, it is best to buy online.

By the way, Marriott has this promotion for weekend stays. Those of us who made the reservations, should qualify for the $20 Target Gift Card because we qualify with our stay since it is a weekend. Make sure you ask about this when you check in: Summer Gift Card Promotion

UPDATE:
I called Marriott about this promotion. This promotion is only available if you book online today on. Since the Anaheim hotel is sold out, I am not eligible, especially since I booked with my AAA rate. It doesn't hurt to call and check your reservation to see if you qualify. The Marriott phone number is 877-MARRIOTT

Is it better to buy the pass online or day of? And there's one for two parks? Do I get that one ? *confused* <<<<< doesn't get to Disney much.

I don't think you need the One Day "Hopper" (Two Parks), unless you want it. I think the idea was that we were staying in the original Disneyland park the entire time. California Adventure is ok but easily the worst of the North American Disney Parks and is actually in the earlier stages of a $1 billion + overhaul to get it up to par.

Having your tickets to Disneyland is advance saves you having to wait in the ticket line. You can buy one-day passes at most grocery stores, for those of you who will coming in on Friday and might have some extra time.

Kathie, come to Disneyland!! :hyper:

Mousesavers makes some references to discounts also being available at some Safeway stores, AAA, and the Entertainment Book.

I'm posting the dinner list one last time to make sure I have everyone listed who can come or thinks they may be able to come. Please post by the end of the day if you're planning to bring anyone who isn't already listed or if you have to change from yes to no, no to yes, or to maybe. Thanks!!!

All of the details are here.

California Pizza Kitchen list (36 yes and 3 maybe):
dsmith2904
MissVelvetDress_75
lauramullen
Romi
KellyAhern
I Move in Mysterious Ways (aka Gorilla)
paulrg
Krisi83
Trojanchick99
Kafrun