June 6 & 7, 2010 Anaheim IV: The Party Planning Continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It only rained for 2 of the 3 shows and it was small showers that only lasted a few minutes.

I was thinking of that this morning while reading this thread. I remember on the 27th it would start raining, I'd get my rain jacket out, put it on and by the time I had it on it would stop, and I'd have to take it off because the sun would come out and it would get warm again. That must have happened more than 5 times during that day.

wow you know how to use the quote feature! :wink:

The weather has been wacky here in Atlanta. We have had all 4 season this past week. I am used to humidity especially since I live in Georgia. I know storms move in and out of Florida frequently in the summer especially in South Florida. I think I will hang out at the condo until a few hours before the show starts then head over to the stadium. I anticipate NJ will be equally uncomfortable in regards to humid conditions.

It's the result of not checking this thread for like 18 hours. Y'all move fast.

Good, I don't know how people deal with that kind of weather. I still remember my senior year in college we played Florida State in Sept. It started raining pretty hard right around halftime. We thought it was the hurricane and fled inside the stadium. I imagine the Florida St fans thought it was hilarious seeing us scared Californians fleeing from rain.

The last time I watched a concert in a middle of a storm it was at Music Midtown here in Atlanta. I watched Outkast perform. Had an amazing time. It poured like crazy with lightning bolts hitting all around us. It didn't matter it was a big ass party. My friends and I ended up walking/running to my favorite bar in the pouring rain several miles away after the show was over. I was a god awful hot mess by the time I got to the bar. I was feeling fine until the next morning when I woke up. I was sick for 4 days. :barf:

I was thinking of that this morning while reading this thread. I remember on the 27th it would start raining, I'd get my rain jacket out, put it on and by the time I had it on it would stop, and I'd have to take it off because the sun would come out and it would get warm again. That must have happened more than 5 times during that day.

It was like that for the show on the 24th too. The show on the 25th it was sunny the whole time.

They actually arrive at a very normal angle, they take off like this / because the residents of Newport Beach hate noise...nothing like sitting on the runway, the guy revving it up, his foot on the brakes and then peeling out and then up / out and over the Pacific but he levels off as soon as he cuts over the waterline...its all good...

woah. *puke*

I've flown out of John Wayne several times and I don't mind it at all. In fact, the first few times I flew was out of John Wayne, so I had no idea that it was an unusual practice.

I like roller-coasters a lot, and there's something very roller-coaster-y about the whole take off that I like. :D

is john wayne the airport where you sometimes get off/get on the plane by walking on the tarmac?

i remember flying into one of the non-lax airports back in 2002 and i had to do that

is john wayne the airport where you sometimes get off/get on the plane by walking on the tarmac?

i remember flying into one of the non-lax airports back in 2002 and i had to do that

Long Beach you have to go out on the tarmac and I think Burbank. I've actually had to do that at LAX a couple times on really tiny planes.

I've flown out of John Wayne several times and I don't mind it at all. In fact, the first few times I flew was out of John Wayne, so I had no idea that it was an unusual practice.

I like roller-coasters a lot, and there's something very roller-coaster-y about the whole take off that I like. :D

I HATE rollercoasters.

The take off out of Florence, Italy makes you want to puke. You fly straight towards a mountain and bank left to the point the left wing is pointing down towards the ground. I thought I was going to die. :barf:

I didn't know that....good thing I took the train to and from there during my travels.

What a gorgeous city, I miss it.

Just gloomy-ish mornings, if my memory serves me well. I remember graduation (way back when) and it was cool & overcast in the morning when we graduated at the Greek Theater :) and it was clear & sunny the rest of the day.

The take off out of Florence, Italy makes you want to puke. You fly straight towards a mountain and bank left to the point the left wing is pointing down towards the ground. I thought I was going to die. :barf:

There's a very small airstrip (not airport) at a little village in the Nepali Himalayas called Lukla. You fly there from Kathmandu to go on the trek to Mount Everest. It's absolutely gloriously terrifying.

The airstrip runs downwards for about 100m before a sheer, sudden vertical drop down the mountain. And these are the biggest mountains in the world. Lukla is at almost 3000m elevation so the winds are pretty strong too. The planes are small, crappy old propeller jobs with short take off and landing distances. But still!

The take-off is worse than the landing though. You're heading down this briefest of runways towards the cliff edge hoping there's enough momentum for take-off.

There have been a few accidents there in the last few years since I've been. This is in a country where airport staff in Kathmandu sacrifice animals on the runway to try to get better weather!

lukla1.jpg

New%20and%20improved%20Lukla%20airport20.jpg

There's a very small airstrip (not airport) at a little village in the Nepali Himalayas called Lukla. You fly there from Kathmandu to go on the trek to Mount Everest. It's absolutely gloriously terrifying.

The airstrip runs downwards for about 100m before a sheer, sudden vertical drop down the mountain. And these are the biggest mountains in the world. Lukla is at almost 3000m elevation so the winds are pretty strong too. The planes are small, crappy old propeller jobs with short take off and landing distances. But still!

The take-off is worse than the landing though. You're heading down this briefest of runways towards the cliff edge hoping there's enough momentum for take-off.

There have been a few accidents there in the last few years since I've been. This is in a country where airport staff in Kathmandu sacrifice animals on the runway to try to get better weather!

lukla1.jpg

As a nervous flier anyway, these photos scare me to death. I think Reno's a bit terrifying too.

I wonder what the VIP lounge looks like here!! :lol:

lukla1.jpg

holy, shitstorm, batman!! (I just made that up). I am never going there in my life.

I don't think we're going to be able to do Disneyland. My friend who works there and was going to get us in for free just put in her two weeks' notice. :sad: She can get us $15 off but that's still $64 for just Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom