June 6 & 7, 2010 Anaheim IV: The Party Planning Continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, in Alameda (and in Oakland, for the show) heat is not a problem. It's funny how temperature can differ so wildly over the summer. It can be 105 in CoCo County, and 75 in San Fran.

edit: Proximaty to the ocean is the difference. We get the Delta Breeze here, but it's not the same.

I guess that's akin to the Valley vs the Coastal cities down in LA.

Well, heck, good thing I'm here in Alameda. :)

And, just a random comment.....good god is it beautiful out here.

I guess that's akin to the Valley vs the Coastal cities down in LA.

Well, heck, good thing I'm here in Alameda. :)

And, just a random comment.....good god is it beautiful out here.

sure is! You've got the bay and a view of SF and Oakland. I have the rolling hills and the delta.

This was my Australian friend's first trip to the US and we'd just met in person the for the first time ever the night before. She'd never even seen snow before, and then here I was freezing her butt off in a GA line right away. I was convinced she hated me by the end of the concert.

What exactly were you doing to freeze her butt off? I could stand to shed a few lbs. Would you mind sharing the secret?

I know. I am prepared to melt and expect afternoon storms. It will be a messy GA.

I gave my sister GA's to Vertigo in Milwaukee (I couldn't go). When her and her fiance got in line at 9 AM, there was a downpour that that lasted for a while -- and I guess the weather only got moderately better. By the time they were let in, her hair was all damp and kinda frizzy -- she looked rough. She joked with some people standing with her that with her luck, Bono would pull her on stage, so everyone could see how whcked out she looked. He did.

I think we can lay that issue to rest. CPK it is. For me, the no deposit was the deciding factor. 57 days from today I get off the place and into John Wayne. A huge step for roMankind.

By the way, I've never flown into that airport. Can someone tell me about how planes have to go in at steep angles because of the airspace down there?

They actually arrive at a very normal angle, they take off like this / because the residents of Newport Beach hate noise...nothing like sitting on the runway, the guy revving it up, his foot on the brakes and then peeling out and then up / out and over the Pacific but he levels off as soon as he cuts over the waterline...its all good...

They actually arrive at a very normal angle, they take off like this / because the residents of Newport Beach hate noise...nothing like sitting on the runway, the guy revving it up, his foot on the brakes and then peeling out and then up / out and over the Pacific but he levels off as soon as he cuts over the waterline...its all good...

woah. *puke*

So hot weather clothes, cool weather clothes and wet weather clothes are needed? Packing is gonna be so much fun for this trip!

Does the Miami venue have a roof? If not i can imagine some very dramatic shots of lightning striking the claw! I guess that is why they are not playing too many venues in the SE this time round - all that summer humidity makes outdoors pretty rough.

I gave my sister GA's to Vertigo in Milwaukee (I couldn't go). When her and her fiance got in line at 9 AM, there was a downpour that that lasted for a while -- and I guess the weather only got moderately better. By the time they were let in, her hair was all damp and kinda frizzy -- she looked rough. She joked with some people standing with her that with her luck, Bono would pull her on stage, so everyone could see how whcked out she looked. He did.

:lol:

:lol::lol:

ugh these stories are making me second guess my choice to do GA in hot weather.:crack:

I like 5th that the Anaheim weather shouldn't be too bad. Although, the weather lately has been wonky. 85 one day 65 the next. It makes planning wardrobe options very tricky. June 6 and 7 will be rare days that I hope for June gloom.

right, but I am doing GA in Miami. :doh:

eek. Bring an umbrella because it WILL rain between 2 and 4pm. I'm getting sweaty just thinking about the humidity.

To me, that's cool. Where I live right now, June is 90-95.

I grew up in the Central Valley, so moving to LA was a vacay. It's awesome not needing AC in the summer.

The rich people in Newport Beach don't like jet noise. :tsk: I haven't done it, but family members have and it sounds like it's crazy when they do that.

:shudder: I refuse to fly out of Burbank because of their takeoff and landing angles. That and they have a freaking gas station at the end of there short-ish runway. I choose the ickiness that is LAX over that.

Every time I hear Alameda, I think of a frustrated Mr. Chekov trying to find the naval base in Alameda, "where they keep the nuclear wessels."

( Star Trek 4 reference :nerd: )

God I loved that freaking movie growing up. U2 nerds unite! :nerd:

wow you know how to use the quote feature! :wink:

The weather has been wacky here in Atlanta. We have had all 4 season this past week. I am used to humidity especially since I live in Georgia. I know storms move in and out of Florida frequently in the summer especially in South Florida. I think I will hang out at the condo until a few hours before the show starts then head over to the stadium. I anticipate NJ will be equally uncomfortable in regards to humid conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom