June 6&7, 2010 Anaheim III-You've told your spouse and you are now single and looking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder I stopped receiving responses, a third thread was created! :lol: Count me in for dinner too! Can't say on Disneyland just yet...
In for Disneyland and Downtown Disney Dinner:
dsmith2904
MissVelvetDress_75
kellyahern
RedRocksU2
zuropa_fit & BFF (possible)
d.darroch
Lila64
BonosLil'Pal94
Dakotalola
kafrun (maybe)
BluRmGrl (+2) (maybe)
Gorilla
nicv
BAW

In for Downtown Disney Dinner:
lauramullen
Jmath
romi
martha
paulrg
krisi83
mtnfox and wife (maybe)
HBK-79
Mr. BAW
U2FloridaFan
trojanchick99 (maybe Disneyland as well)

I'm in for the downtown disney dinner. Haven't been on much lately, but I'm still around:wave:
I have to catch up on the thread!

This dinner is gonna be HUGE! Is someone who's local going to take charge and see if one of the restaurants maybe has a party room and a buffet style something or other? Than might be easier than trying to seat 20+ people.

BAW and I discussed this same subject this a.m. -

Here's a list that will appeal to everyone...I'm sure not everyone will be attending the same dinner location...with larger groups, it might be easier to contact Group sales, and they can set up a fixed menu at a fixed rate (minus alcoholic beverages)...

Check the list and discuss...

Downtown Disney&reg District Dining

BAW and I discussed this same subject this a.m. -

Here's a list that will appeal to everyone...I'm sure not everyone will be attending the same dinner location...with larger groups, it might be easier to contact Group sales, and they can set up a fixed menu at a fixed rate (minus alcoholic beverages)...

Check the list and discuss...

Downtown Disney&reg District Dining

Krisi83 & I are fine with any on the list but to get the ball rolling would go with Rainforest Cafe or House of Blues (which we remember has a large capacity)

Only 4 months - coming round fast!

Kelly & I have eaten at Rainforest twice before (Chicago, then Disneyworld) & have been happy both times, but we're not picky. If the majority says House of Blues, then we'll roll with that. :D

I'm listening....just gonna let some of the other posters let their choices be known before I start calling...and I'll make an approximate head count at least 30 days out...so, we've got a ways to go...

: )

Not to upset the boat or anything but just thought I'd throw this place out there..

Welcome to JT Schmid's Restaurant and Brewery

says it's within walking distance of Angel Stadium and gets good reviews. I organized the Boston get together and we met at a restaurant in the bar area (there were probably about 20 of us) and just had drinks and finger food (pizza's etc.) That seemed to work out ok. I think a few of the people going to this meet-up were there.

Looks like most of the people going to Disneyland during the day are not the same people going to the dinner gathering so if an offsite restaurant fits the bill it might work out better. Again, this is just a suggestion.

about parking???

hello all..:wave:
Question: whats the story with parking at angles stadium (is tailgating allowed??) or is there any other parking structures around the stadium with easier access??
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Peace.

I'm listening....just gonna let some of the other posters let their choices be known before I start calling...and I'll make an approximate head count at least 30 days out...so, we've got a ways to go...

: )

House of Blues is fine by me although I'm reallly fine with whatever we pick. HOB does have a rather large patio area that could fit a good amount of people. I called and you can reserve tables for large groups.

In for Both Disneyland and Downtown Disney Dinner:
dsmith2904
MissVelvetDress_75
kellyahern
RedRocksU2
d.darroch
Lila64
BonosLil'Pal94
Dakotalola
kafrun (maybe)
BluRmGrl (+2) (maybe)
Gorilla
nicv
BAW

In for Downtown Disney Dinner Only:
lauramullen
Jmath
romi
martha
paulrg
krisi83
mtnfox and wife (maybe)
HBK-79
Mr. BAW
U2FloridaFan
Outsider

Dakotalola, are you in for just dinner now, or still Disneyland and dinner? The people who are on the list for Disneyland are also in for dinner. JT Schmid's is walking distance from the stadium but not to Disneyland.

I know House of Blues has a large patio and think Tortilla Jo's does also, so either of those should be able to accommodate all of us.

That is what I thought. If they were doing Disneyland then they were doing dinner.

U2FloridaFan had brought up the separate lists so I wanted to be sure the everyone knew the Disneyland group was going to be meeting up with the dinner group. Right now we have about 30 for dinner (if all the maybes become yeses).

dsmith2904
MissVelvetDress_75
kellyahern
RedRocksU2
d.darroch
Lila64
BonosLil'Pal94
Dakotalola
kafrun (maybe)
BluRmGrl (+2) (maybe)
Gorilla
nicv
BAW

lauramullen
Jmath
romi
martha
paulrg
krisi83
mtnfox and wife (maybe)
HBK-79
Mr. BAW
U2FloridaFan
Outsider

Dakotalola, are you in for just dinner now, or still Disneyland and dinner? The people who are on the list for Disneyland are also in for dinner. JT Schmid's is walking distance from the stadium but not to Disneyland.

I know House of Blues has a large patio and think Tortilla Jo's does also, so either of those should be able to accommodate all of us.

Oops sorry didn't read it carefully enough. Scratch my idea :reject:

Either place is good with me.

Tail-gating is common-place during baseball season and generally around the Big A sign in the parking lot (just west of the 57 freeway)...

google it for a better idea...

They are a bit strict, however - no alcohol. This is the official policy for Angel games (I'm assuming the same rules will apply):

Angel Stadium of Anaheim :: Tailgate Policy | angelsbaseball.com: Ballpark

The following policies relate to Parking, Tailgating, and Food/Beverage Consumption at Angel Stadium of Anaheim.

Outside Angel Stadium of Anaheim

The following is prohibited in the Angel Stadium Parking Lot:

* Alcohol consumption in the parking lot is illegal. AMC 7.16.010.010;
* Selling food or beverages of any kind;
* Preparing food or beverages of any kind where such preparation necessitates the use of an object or practice that is deemed by Angels Baseball to be unsafe, hazardous, or posing a threat of injury to guests, participants, officials, or individuals employed at Angel Stadium.

Tailgating Policies:

* Alcohol consumption in the parking lot is illegal. AMC 7.16.010.010.
* Tailgating is only permitted in general parking (non-preferred) areas (near the Big A, Orangewood, State College and Douglass general parking areas.)
* On-site catering is prohibited. No catering trucks allowed!
* Early entry into the parking lot for tailgating is not permitted. The parking lot opens two-and-one-half (2-1/2) hours prior to the start of the game.

Parking Lot Regulations:

* Parking lot opens two-and-one-half (2-1/2) hours prior to game time
* Angel Stadium opens two (2) hours prior to game time at the Home Plate gate
* No vehicle may occupy more than one parking space. AMC 14.32.140.
* There is no in/out parking.
* General parking is $8/car.
* Vehicles in excess of 20 feet in length will be charged $16.00.
* Park only in a marked stall. Vehicles parked in unauthorized areas will be cited and towed away. AMC 14.32.330.
* Barbecues: Only approved gas/propane units with fuel-valve turn offs. No charcoal allowed. AMC 11.04.095.
* No early entry into the parking lot.
* Alcohol consumption in the parking lot is illegal. AMC 7.16.010.010
* Parking lot closes one (1) hour after the conclusion of the event.
* Overnight parking is prohibited. AMC 14.32.160.
* No selling or soliciting on Angel Stadium of Anaheim property. AMC 4.52.090.
* Unlicensed motorized vehicles are prohibited.
* On-site catering is prohibited.
* The Anaheim Police Department can be reached at 714-765-1900.

Updated:

dsmith2904
MissVelvetDress_75
kellyahern
RedRocksU2
d.darroch
Lila64
BonosLil'Pal94
Dakotalola
kafrun (maybe)
BluRmGrl (+2) (maybe)
Gorilla
nicv
BAW

lauramullen
Jmath
romi
martha
paulrg
krisi83
mtnfox and wife (maybe)
HBK-79
Mr. BAW
U2FloridaFan
Outsider
anadgemila

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom