June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, then maybe you don't want to hear this... Someone on the U2tour mailing list claimed he talked to people from Qwest Field management at the SLC show as they were checking things out to get their game plan together for Seattle. He claimed they told him they're thinking about opening up the pavillion (that fits about 5000 people) to the GA line at 7am on Saturday. There will be food, music, restroom, etc, BUT no folding chairs, tents or even our own food. How the heck do they expect us to have no chair, etc from 7am?? I hope they're not going to lock us in from 7am (no leaving the line, etc) :crazy:

carrying on from the last thread.

I really hope this is not the case! What the hell are they trying to accomplish by this? They will charge us for some over priced crappy food, we will be tired and angry. If this is the case, I will skip the line up and come later in the day. I do not want to be a bitch and ruin it for me and those around me.

Good morning all my fellow U2'ers!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Getting so excited. My colleague here at work this morning ( we were both off yesterday) is going to the show as well and when we saw each other first thing in the office just now we did a high five and both simultaneosly said together screaming "DID YOU SEE THE WEATHER REPORT?!" haha! It was hilarious!!! Perfect unison!! She's got Red ZOne tkts too!! :):hyper::hyper::hyper:

WOO! :hyper:

Maybe we should have some general info on this first page, especially for those who are new to the thread and want to know what's up, rather than having to slog through the old thread to find out about the gathering, etc.

Anyone want to volunteer to do that? :lol:

carrying on from the last thread.

I really hope this is not the case! What the hell are they trying to accomplish by this? They will charge us for some over priced crappy food, we will be tired and angry. If this is the case, I will skip the line up and come later in the day. I do not want to be a bitch and ruin it for me and those around me.

RUMORS!! LIES!!

Well I hope so. Fingers crossed. That sounds like a turrible idea. Just turrible.

Weather on the other hand... sweet!

Ok, I have a Red Zone question. Does anybody know if you can get your wrist band at will-call when it opens and then come back later? The information page from Qwest says that you have to proceed to the stadium after you get your bands. WTH??? Is the standard procedure? I wanted to run around and go have lunch after we got our bands.:angry: Anybody know?

Great thread title Romi....does that forecast apply to the Northeast too? pretty please!

Have a fantastic time everyone....sneaks back out of thread :D

Yeah, I'm not going to worry about the Pavilion thing (I'm guessing they mean the Qwest Events Center). That really doesn't sound like the GA line, and they seemed pretty specific that the line would be by the NE gates.

And if they talked to Qwest people at the SLC show, as Qwest was getting their shit together ... well, the information went on the site after that, I think. So maybe they decided against that.

Claw update: I still can't see it as my bus goes by. :grumpy:

Here's a quick recap for the new thread:

WEATHER: supposed to be gorgeous Friday and Saturday!

GA LINE: apparently at the NE gates at 7:00 day of show (per Qwest instructions, no news on the actual "you can't tell us what to do" line yet)

PARTY: Owl & Thistle for Romi's birthday party, Zoo Station and general shenanigans. A bunch of us will be there starting at 6 or 6:30 or so.

GETTING NUMBERS FOR LINE: most people are getting them when they can. If you show up at O&T and still need a number (and, obviously, we know who/where the line runner is), we can find others looking to go down there. And if you just want someone to go with you, I'm happy to do some running back and forth. :)

HOW TO FIND US: It may be packed at O&T, not sure how early it will be completely packed. I'll be wearing a black and white striped short-sleeved shirt. If I'm not there, look for a bunch of crazy U2 fans. .... oh, wait ....

PARKING: If you need some tips on parking (whether you're coming early for the GA line, or will be coming later in the afternoon), let me know and I'll PM you, as it's too wordy to add to this post.

LIGHT RAIL: If you are taking the light rail in and are going straight to Qwest, I recommend getting off at the International District stop and not the Stadium stop, as the walk to get to Qwest from the Stadium stop is really round-about and inconvenient. (It's convenient to Safeco, if you're going to the game that afternoon or something.)

I'm sure you can get to a 3rd thread by Saturday if you all really try.

Cori should take a bow for that succinct and helpful recap! I was just waiting for the "....all that and more, at 11"

:up:

Great recap.

And Michelle, the weather applies applies to whatever location I'm at. I forsee the weather clearing as my plane lands at Sea-Tac.

Here's a quick recap for the new thread:

WEATHER: supposed to be gorgeous Friday and Saturday!

GA LINE: apparently at the NE gates at 7:00 day of show (per Qwest instructions, no news on the actual "you can't tell us what to do" line yet)

PARTY: Owl & Thistle for Romi's birthday party, Zoo Station and general shenanigans. A bunch of us will be there starting at 6 or 6:30 or so.

GETTING NUMBERS FOR LINE: most people are getting them when they can. If you show up at O&T and still need a number (and, obviously, we know who/where the line runner is), we can find others looking to go down there. And if you just want someone to go with you, I'm happy to do some running back and forth. :)

HOW TO FIND US: It may be packed at O&T, not sure how early it will be completely packed. I'll be wearing a black and white striped short-sleeved shirt. If I'm not there, look for a bunch of crazy U2 fans. .... oh, wait ....

:up:

Not only does it never rain on Romi's birthday, it never rains when I visit Seattle. Seriously, I've visited many, many times...never seen the famous Seattle rain!

iris, your coworker has insurance, right? That's all you need to concentrate on. That, and the nice rental car you'll have for a few days.

:ohmy: the timing could not be worse. I would have lost my head if it had happened to me.

I have already talked to her and told her "I am not going to lie, I am annoyed with this right now. The timing is bad. I cannot get the car to the shop until next week and that is all the time I have this month for my car to be repaired" She feels horrible and I know she didn't do it on purpose but if she was paying attention when she was backing out of her spot, she would have avoided this stupid incident. So now we have pictures to take and insurance to file. Just added stress that I don't want to deal with.

How irritating! Boo on her.

I just added a few more tidbits to the info post:

PARKING: If you need some tips on parking (whether you're coming early for the GA line, or will be coming later in the afternoon), let me know and I'll PM you, as it's too wordy to add to this post.

LIGHT RAIL: If you are taking the light rail in and are going straight to Qwest, I recommend getting off at the International District stop and not the Stadium stop, as the walk to get to Qwest from the Stadium stop is really round-about and inconvenient. (It's convenient to Safeco, if you're going to the game that afternoon or something.)

Yeah, I'm not going to worry about the Pavilion thing (I'm guessing they mean the Qwest Events Center). That really doesn't sound like the GA line, and they seemed pretty specific that the line would be by the NE gates.

I hope you're right. I don't know how the pavilion looks like at Qwest. At the one in Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center they usually open up the pavilion early but they scan your ticket when you go in, and you cannot get out anymore until after showtime.

Denver had a huge parking lot extension that they closed off to cars, and that's where they held the GA line. Plenty of space for a lot of people with their own tents, chairs, sleeping bags, etc. Sooo comfortable. I hope Qwest has a similar area.

There's a huge parking lot in front of the stadium, but I don't know if they're actually going to have it open for parking.

The "NE gates," as it states in the online event instructions for the GA line ... I can't really tell how much room is over there. It looks like it's near the delivery entry, which I'm guessing they'll need to keep access open for. I can't get close enough to really get a good look, as access has been blocked off.

But yeah, I simply can't worry about it anymore. My excitement and anxiety combination is already messing with my general sense of well-being.

I'm going to keep being as helpful as I can, but as far as trying to contact Qwest for further clarification ... I'm going to leave that to anyone else who wants to do it, as I simply can't do it, for my own sanity. (And yours. :wink: )

I just have to trust that it will work out just fine, and even if it's a giant clusterfuck, I will happily just leave it to fate by walking away and showing up at 5. Maybe I'll chance the middle of the pit! Maybe at 5 I can still get two heads back and have a great spot!

(But yes, I am still planning on lining up all day and gunning for front row. I just had to come up with my REMAIN CALM IT WILL BE OKAY contingency plans. :wink: )

I just have to trust that it will work out just fine, and even if it's a giant clusterfuck, I will happily just leave it to fate by walking away and showing up at 5. Maybe I'll chance the middle of the pit! Maybe at 5 I can still get two heads back and have a great spot!

this is how I am going to approach it if the GA turns to hell early. :up:

I wonder if that's where the band will be coming in from? :hmm:

I have a friend who is really putting on her sleuthing cap to try and figure this out! :lol: She doesn't hang out on the board, but I think she'll be with or near us on Saturday.

That's my best guess as to where they would go in, but it's really hard to tell what the access is (if any) on the south end of the stadium. The Events Center butts right up to the stadium (they may be connected, actually), so on the south side it's just a parking structure.

I guess it's possible they could come in that way, if there's a way to get straight through to Qwest, but that doesn't seem all that feasible to me.

:lol:

There's an afternoon baseball game today. I hope it stops drizzling so that they'll open the roof, which means I can see over to Qwest and can monitor out the window for sightings of the Claw. :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom