June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm headed out shortly to run some errands, get my car and get on the road.

Safe travels to all, and see you all at some point over the weekend! I can't post on the blue crack on my phone, so the best way to reach me will be Twitter/FB or on my cell, for those of you who have my number.

See you soon! :hyper:

Well, I'm headed out shortly to run some errands, get my car and get on the road.

Safe travels to all, and see you all at some point over the weekend! I can't post on the blue crack on my phone, so the best way to reach me will be Twitter/FB or on my cell, for those of you who have my number.

See you soon! :hyper:

Safe Travels!!!

should I wear hot pants?

I will be bringing a bag of hot pants, and new tee shirts that either say TEAM KETTLE CORN or TEAM COMMIE. We must wear the outfits all weekend.

see y'all tomorrow night! :love:

Everybody travel safe and stress-free! I can't wait to see/meet everyone!

Alas, it is rainy here today*, so I'm guessing the Safeco roof will remain closed and I will not see if the spire is up.

If anyone needs/wants my phone number but doesn't have it yet, please PM me or email me - I'm at gmail with my username as the email address.

*I still have every confidence it's going to be as nice as they promised tomorrow and Saturday!

I will be bringing a bag of hot pants, and new tee shirts that either say TEAM KETTLE CORN or TEAM COMMIE. We must wear the outfits all weekend.
:lol:
Everybody travel safe and stress-free! I can't wait to see/meet everyone!
I can't believe this weekend is almost here! It's deja vu of my trip last year, meeting up with you and a couple of other blue crackers, the Zoo Station concert... But this time, there is the REAL U2 concert!! And so many more people!! :hyper:
I got my boarding pass printed, my reservation is still on the system... I will try to have a stress-free travel... :zen: ... and I'll see you soon!

just landed. dry, as expected!

You missed the downpours of earlier this morning. ;) It was pouring when I woke up around 6, but by the time I got to work by 7:30, the sun was starting to peek out.

Welcome to Seattle! :)

Has anyone seen any spare tickets for sale? A friend just messaged me and asked if I could help him find a ticket for his wife/my friend. :doh:

it's not that i missed. the rain physically stopped for me. my bday has that affect on the weather :p

I can't believe this weekend is almost here! It's deja vu of my trip last year, meeting up with you and a couple of other blue crackers, the Zoo Station concert... But this time, there is the REAL U2 concert!! And so many more people!! :hyper:
I got my boarding pass printed, my reservation is still on the system... I will try to have a stress-free travel... :zen: ... and I'll see you soon!

:applaud: I know I was thinking the same this morning. I was chatting with Jason this morning and he asked when my first show is and I told him Saturday! All I could think of was that the last time I saw them live it was October 2009. :hyper:

The Safeco roof is open, but I guess I can't see the top of the stage from here. :( I'm watching to see if the spire goes up today - I should be able to see that from work!

I was just thinking we should all fake out the Mariner's fans on Saturday by wearing M's hats and shirts while in line. It's obviously too late to actually organize this (and, also, it's stupid) but it made my giggle when I thought of all the game goers passing us by wondering what the line was for.

Ha!

Bruno Mars is playing at the Qwest Events Center tonight. I'm going to go stand in line for that, and then once they all go in, I'll declare it the U2 line.

It is getting near impossible to get anything done at work. My superpower of delegation is about ready to kick in. :wink:

You know, I am also getting pretty damn excited about Lenny too! This is truly my first U2 show where I finally "want" to see the opening act. No Arcade Fire? No Muse? Okay, give me some Lenny! :rockon:

I am quite happy with the recent setlists. The reality is that I'd be damn happy to hear just about anything, but the way this is unfolding, I'm about to see 3 songs in my top 20-25 for the very first time live. :hyper:

My friends and I were quite pleased to get to see Rage Against the Machine open for them in Vegas for POPMart. No matter how unmatched the two groups were, Rage was hard core and AWESOME. We missed Smashmouth by about two minutes for POPMart in Seattle, and don't particularly care that we did. I totally forget who opened for them at Elevation in Tacoma...must not have been that exciting!

Lenny though, I had no idea he was even still making music until I heard he was opening at this show! I appreciate his talents, at least, so that'll make it fun. I certainly don't dislike his stuff.

At least U2 doesn't muck around with sucky bands. The group who opened for Gorillaz in Seattle back in November was soooo lame, I felt really bad for them.

I suffered through Fun Lovin' Criminals on the Popmart tour. They sucked. And didn't they have Smashmouth open for them somewhere along the line? They've had some clunker openers for sure, but they generally do a good job of picking decent acts.

I draw the line at camping out. If whoever starts the line declares we have to stay out all night (assuming we find a place where we actually COULD keep the line going overnight), I think many of us are going to say "screw it" and just show up at the ass-crack of dawn on Saturday.

We're hoping that it'll be one of those deals where we'll get a number, get our name on the list, and are told "be back for roll call at 6 in the morning" or something.

Fingers crossed.

there was no line as of 30 minutes ago. we will check again around 1 or 2.

There had better not be a line today.

This isn't Mexico City or Sao Paulo, for the love of pete! We're crazy, but not that crazy!

corianderstem said:
I suffered through Fun Lovin' Criminals on the Popmart tour. They sucked. And didn't they have Smashmouth open for them somewhere along the line? They've had some clunker openers for sure, but they generally do a good job of picking decent acts.

I draw the line at camping out. If whoever starts the line declares we have to stay out all night (assuming we find a place where we actually COULD keep the line going overnight), I think many of us are going to say "screw it" and just show up at the ass-crack of dawn on Saturday.

We're hoping that it'll be one of those deals where we'll get a number, get our name on the list, and are told "be back for roll call at 6 in the morning" or something.

Fingers crossed.

Smashmouth opened on the 2nd us leg, I saw them in Detroit

Saw third eye blind in new Orleans

Can't for the life of me remember who opened in Houston and Seattle.

PJ Harvey sounds familiar, I think that's who opened on Elevation, but it was def. Smashmouth for Popmart in Seattle.

Because I am a huge nerd with clearly too much time on my hands I just confirmed that it WAS PJ Harvey at Elevation in Tacoma.

-----> DORK <------

I was wondering that, too! No idea if they flew straight here, or if they're hanging in Vancouver first for a day?

If anyone interesting comes through my workplace, I have enough connections that I think I'll hear about it. I had BETTER hear about it! (unless they come by tomorrow while I'm not here, then I'll be pissed. :lol: )

I used to work downtown at SAM in the store, and I had everyone who was working with me on HIGH ALERT whenever the boys were in town. They never came in though. Watch, I bet they will now that I'm not an employee anymore! JERKS!!!

:sad:

As it is, I'm not entirely sure if we're going to try and stalk them this year or what. Are they known for ever visiting the nerds in the GA line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom