June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So did you guys see the Edmonton crowd is going red/white for the show..flash mob tonight?

Dang, we should have planned plaid shirts to wave, that would have been funny! Like terrible towels. :lol:

also, Mark U2BROTHR wrote this note and explains the EDGE twitter picture from Vancouver the other day of Larry on that balcony but it's a RUMOR.

"Heard a big rumor....that U2 left Winnipeg and landed in Vancouver with a few pieces of their gear. They stayed for two days. Rumor is that they might have taped something for the NHL playoffs tonight. U2360 tour resumes in Edmonton.....but they might have done something for Vancouver and the NHL.Be watching the NHL tonight.....the boys might be adding a contribution! Just a rumor."

also, Mark U2BROTHR wrote this note and explains the EDGE twitter picture from Vancouver the other day of Larry on that balcony but it's a RUMOR.

"Heard a big rumor....that U2 left Winnipeg and landed in Vancouver with a few pieces of their gear. They stayed for two days. Rumor is that they might have taped something for the NHL playoffs tonight. U2360 tour resumes in Edmonton.....but they might have done something for Vancouver and the NHL.Be watching the NHL tonight.....the boys might be adding a contribution! Just a rumor."

:lol: Yup, I've been freaking out about that over on Twitter for the last little bit. More and more news agencies are picking up on this. VERY exciting stuff, since the Canucks come out onto the ice to Streets. :hyper: I'll try to contain myself, since it's just a rumor, but oh my GOD would that ever be epic! :love:

OK. This question now goes out to anyone who's driving in and has a full-size tripod. Can someone bring it and let me borrow it for an hour or so midday Friday?

Thanks!

OKAY!

Just called someone at Qwest, and she clarified that they will have wristbands on the NE side for us in the GA line.

She was a bit confused at first, and went to talk to someone else, but then she made it sound like yes, we will get our wristbands over on the NE side. YAY!

She was funny - "Oh, if we made you go over there, we'd have people running all over the place."

:lol:

She is my new best friend today.

OK. This question now goes out to anyone who's driving in and has a full-size tripod. Can someone bring it and let me borrow it for an hour or so midday Friday?

Thanks!

Romi, if you can get an extra camera-man in then I'll happily take the day off work Friday and bring the 5D Mkii, tripod, and a wide array of lenses up with me ;)

If you want to see more of the stage, and see the stuff on the screen, it sounds like outer rail is the way to go.

As someone who's seen 3 of her 4 shows from the back of the floor, seeing the whole stage in action is AMAZING.

But as I've already had that view, I'm ready to have a closer view, counting the stitches on Bono's leather pants. :wink:

I loved the view I had in the inner circle at the outer ringing the middle yet a little on Adams side... they sang a lot on the outer ring... and I could see all of the screens it was quiet fabulous... but I think this time I want up front and center... Lenny and I have some business to attend too... lmao... along with 30k other people... ha.

I'm trying to pack and the nice weather forecast has thrown me for a loop. I was planning to bring the cold/rainy clothes that I wore in Denver. Is mid-50s at night cold in Seattle? I've found the same temperate feels very different in different places. Here in the desert that would be a really comfortable evening requiring a sweater or hoodie; in Seattle it sounds brrrr cold to me, like maybe I need to bring the gloves and leather jacket, possibly ear muffs.

Wait a freaking minute, the weather forecast for Friday has changed again to 50% chance of showers. I don't like this. Don't be changing the forecast again. It should be all settled by Wednesday. :scream:

You won't need your mittens, but bring a sweatshirt or a light jacket. Layers are a must. Even on very warm days, it can be cool in the morning and evening, and I rarely am able to go out in the summer without a sweater or something.

The sun might be roasting, but go into the shade, and I get cool really quickly.

And don't panic if you wake up Saturday morning to overcast skies. It often burns off by mid-day. Layers, people. LAYERS.

Oh, and also, I ran into a little something on the way home from work today ....

P1000296.jpg

The gates were open, so I just moseyed right on up. I really wish I'd walked closer to the fence at the top of the stairs - that damned place looks deceivingly small from the north end, and I was dying to see it in context on the field. :doh: to me.

P1000297.jpg

View from across the street. Can't wait until the spire is up!

P1000298.jpg

That's the Safeco roof behind the Claw in that last picture. Which is why I can't see Qwest from my work windows.

Damn you, roof!

Claw! :drool:

For all of those in the know about these things...if my earplugs have a noise reduction rating of 12 decibels am I set for some (hopeful) pit action? Or should I be looking for something different/what would that be?

Thanks!

Crap, I KNEW I'd forgotten something. :doh: I have to stop by a grocery store in the morning on my way out of town so I can get the maple cookies and other candies, so maybe I'll be able to find some earplugs there.

Bringing what I wore in Denver, got it. :up:

Yeah, you can leave your ear muffs, mittens, galoshes and wool coats at home. It's been very pleasant.

The last few mornings, I've gone out with a tee shirt and a light hoodie in the morning, and have been a little bit too cool. But it was perfect for the way home. This was with no sun, however.

Should not be that bad for noise, I will bring 10-15 sets of earplugs (just save something sweet for me!)

Found a rideshare to come with me that also has GA. She will be in line with me somewhere. We should get to Qwest around 8-9am or so.

Should not be that bad for noise, I will bring 10-15 sets of earplugs (just save something sweet for me!)

Found a rideshare to come with me that also has GA. She will be in line with me somewhere. We should get to Qwest around 8-9am or so.

Awesome! :up: I'll be sure to save some chocolates or something for you in trade. :D

The claw looks very big in that stadium. Love it. :hyper:

I should have gotten closer to look over the field when I walked up the stairs - I really want to see the thing in context on the field, because from the north end, looking through the stadium over to Safeco, it looks really small, which can't be the case, because it's obviously big enough for NFL football.

If some are unsure what side of the stadium is what, here is good layout map

FieldPlaza2006.jpg

So, we get our wristbands at the NE Entry, and line is somewhere else? If its there, I will probably drive right to the North Lot first and see if I can just park for a few and get my wristband .. then find the line and checkin.

I should have gotten closer to look over the field when I walked up the stairs - I really want to see the thing in context on the field, because from the north end, looking through the stadium over to Safeco, it looks really small, which can't be the case, because it's obviously big enough for NFL football.

Yeah it looks small, since the level 100 walkway is still 50-70 feet above the field level.

The Claw is situated at the end of the field that does NOT have the red on that map above. (The "closed" end.)

We line up at the NE gates, and while the original instructions said that wristbands were going to be on the west gates, it now sounds like they will have wristbands for us on the NE as well.

So, we get our wristbands at the NE Entry, and line is somewhere else? If its there, I will probably drive right to the North Lot first and see if I can just park for a few and get my wristband .. then find the line and checkin.

No, there are no wristbands to be gotten just for the line. You typically just check in at the front of the line, wherever the line runner is, and get your name on the list and get a number, usually written on your hand. That's my understanding of how it usually works.

We won't get wristbands from the stadium staff until we actually go in. Or, if they're really smart and awesome, they will check tickets and/or give out wristbands to the line before the gates actually open.

No, there are no wristbands to be gotten just for the line. You typically just check in at the front of the line, wherever the line runner is, and get your name on the list and get a number, usually written on your hand. That's my understanding of how it usually works.

We won't get wristbands from the stadium staff until we actually go in. Or, if they're really smart and awesome, they will check tickets and/or give out wristbands to the line before the gates actually open.

Thats what I was wondering if we all go in the same gate when it opens at 5pm.

Their FAQ says

GA Floor Tickets

* Enter at NE Gate for priority entrance
* GA ticket holders can begin to line up at 7am on June 4th.
* Enter at any gate - NE, N, NW, or SW - after 5pm
* Wristbands: GA floor ticket holders must have a wristband to get onto the floor. Guests entering at the NW and SW Gates can pick up a wristband inside at the West Gate station. GA floor ticket holders entering at the NE Gate can pick up a wristband inside the NW area of the Stadium.

Unless I missed a previous note in the thread, is this set in stone?

I called today to clarify, to see if they were going to make the people lining up all day at the NE gate run all the way over to the west gates and possibly compete with people who just got there.

The lady I talked to sounded confused at first, then talked to someone else, came back and said there would be wristbands for those of us who had been lining up at the NE gate. She said "otherwise we'd have people running all over the place."

It's entirely possible the day of the show, whoever at Qwest is in charge will be all "WHUT" and say that's not the case. I mean, it's always possible that something will go wonky (but hopefully they can fix it).

But I'm taking my conversation with her to mean that we will be able to get our wristbands at the gate we have lined up and will be entering.

Said differently: according to what I was told, if you are lining up and joining the queue on the NE side, you should not have to worry one bit about anything going on at the west gates.

Will there be people entering on the west at the same time as us and therefore getting great spots without lining up? Maybe. Will we luck out and have them distribute our wristbands ahead of time? Maybe.

Whoever is running the show, both on the fan's end (hopefully that Joe guy who runs a lot of the lines), and on Qwest's end, will hopefully sort out any loose ends on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom