June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekend%252520Forecast.jpg

Now that we're only 2 days away, I think this forecast will actually hold up! I've been watching it for the past 2 weeks, and it's been all over the place. Not to mention, our weather has SUCKED for the past several months (shouldn't complain, considering what's happened elsewhere, though). But to give some perspective to those who are travelling here to see the concert. This will be the warmest day Seattle has seen since SEPTEMBER 3RD! That's a loooonng 273 days ago. :huh:

I know, I'm so excited by the forecast!

Sunshine in general = yay!!!

Sunshine for a U2 concert = YAY!

Weekend%252520Forecast.jpg

Now that we're only 2 days away, I think this forecast will actually hold up! I've been watching it for the past 2 weeks, and it's been all over the place. Not to mention, our weather has SUCKED for the past several months (shouldn't complain, considering what's happened elsewhere, though). But to give some perspective to those who are travelling here to see the concert. This will be the warmest day Seattle has seen since SEPTEMBER 3RD! That's a loooonng 273 days ago. :huh:

Awesome! I'm stealing for facebook. :shifty:

Good question RE: soundchecks.

Are we likely to hear them soundchecking on Saturday?

No clue. Sometimes the band soundchecks, sometimes it's the crew. Not sure if anything would happen on Friday. I think I'd be surprised if they ran through anything on Friday - it's not like they need a quick brush-up rehearsal, as there hasn't been a gap in the recent shows.

I don't even know when the stage is finally 100% done - I still don't see the spire! And obviously, in my pics from yesterday, you can see that none of the speakers or screen or anything was actually there yet.

:lol: I'll carry a velvet rope around with me all weekend.

That's what we need - a bouncer for the GA line! :lol:

Heard from Joe over on U2.com. He wasn't planning on running the line, so right now that's up in the air. He said a friend of his may look after it, but it depends on when he gets there and if someone has already taken on the task.

He suggested just hanging around down there in the afternoon to see what was going on .... and we're already on that! So there we go.

I so do not want that responsibility.

... I should say, I would like that great power. But I would not like the great responsibility that comes along with it. :wink:

I can't imagine trying to decide where the line will have to hang out until 7 am Saturday, and and and and and ... no.

It shouldn't be me. You've all seen my freakouts.

i am SO taking the credit for the weather!

will go check the stadium out again in 15 minutes

Kindly also give Claw update. I still don't see the spire from the windows here. Maybe it's not tall enough.

WOE.

I forgot to check in on Southwest this morning. :grumpy:

Like, how?

Middle seat back of the plane next to the toilet has my name on it. :happy:

At least it's not a long flight.

.... is it?

Longer than you'd think. Not sure exactly but maybe 3hrs gate to gate?

It's just so annoying because it's a slow day at work and I'm just chattin' it up online, excited about my trip, and...well, at least my GA ticket is already packed in my little GA purse in my suitcase. But, uh, now I need to take it out of the luggage and put it on my real purse in case my luggage has to be checked due to the back of the plane luggage situation and and and and where did I put the Rescue Remedy again? :crazy:

:panic:

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm going to pack up my car as if I'm not going back home until late Saturday night, even though I may have the chance to come home.

So I need to basically pack an overnight bag with the stuff I want to wear and all toiletries on top of getting everything together for GA.

It helps knowing I'll have a secure parking spot (thank you, friend with the parking pass for our garage! :heart: ), but I don't want to be running back and forth all day.

I still might come down to work and park earlier in the morning and then just hanging around, but now that I have a garage spot, I don't feel the need to get here super early to snag the street parking that was my original plan.

:crazy:

Oh, but at least I know if I do forget my tickets, at least I CAN go back and get them. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom