June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be bringing a bag of hot pants, and new tee shirts that either say TEAM KETTLE CORN or TEAM COMMIE. We must wear the outfits all weekend.

Everybody travel safe and stress-free! I can't wait to see/meet everyone!

Alas, it is rainy here today*, so I'm guessing the Safeco roof will remain closed and I will not see if the spire is up.

If anyone needs/wants my phone number but doesn't have it yet, please PM me or email me - I'm at gmail with my username as the email address.

*I still have every confidence it's going to be as nice as they promised tomorrow and Saturday!

:lmao: Team Kettle Corn FTW!

It is getting near impossible to get anything done at work. My superpower of delegation is about ready to kick in. :wink:

You know, I am also getting pretty damn excited about Lenny too! This is truly my first U2 show where I finally "want" to see the opening act. No Arcade Fire? No Muse? Okay, give me some Lenny! :rockon:

I am quite happy with the recent setlists. The reality is that I'd be damn happy to hear just about anything, but the way this is unfolding, I'm about to see 3 songs in my top 20-25 for the very first time live. :hyper:

I've seen Lenny perform live once, he's pretty good and easy on the eyes. :sexywink:

My friends and I were quite pleased to get to see Rage Against the Machine open for them in Vegas for POPMart. No matter how unmatched the two groups were, Rage was hard core and AWESOME. We missed Smashmouth by about two minutes for POPMart in Seattle, and don't particularly care that we did. I totally forget who opened for them at Elevation in Tacoma...must not have been that exciting!

Lenny though, I had no idea he was even still making music until I heard he was opening at this show! I appreciate his talents, at least, so that'll make it fun. I certainly don't dislike his stuff.

At least U2 doesn't muck around with sucky bands. The group who opened for Gorillaz in Seattle back in November was soooo lame, I felt really bad for them.

I'm still bitter I missed that Popmart Show. I love Rage (seeing them at the LA Coliseum with Muse this summer) and it would have been my first ever U2 show. :angry:

In other news, I'm now completely freaked out that I will encounter bed bugs. Our off campus director was showing pictures of the bed bugs he encountered in one of our buildings yesterday. Eeew.

As it is, I'm not entirely sure if we're going to try and stalk them this year or what. Are they known for ever visiting the nerds in the GA line?

I think it's usually that the GA line nerds flock en masse to wherever they show up. Some people are trying to sleuth where the band will enter, and the best we can figure is that it might be somewhere near us .... I just can't figure out where else another entrance might be.

So that might get interesting. Or there's a super sekrit entrance for cars and stuff that's hidden.

Hi all. Guess I'm new to the party, but I can't WAIT! I've only been to arena shows up to now, so I'm not quite sure how the experience is in the stadiums... Has anyone heard or have a prediction about--

1) Roof--definitely open? (I'm guessing yes, if they're going to fit the claw inside, especially with the good weather report)

2) Field--grass or covered with some sort of fake floor? (Want to wear appropriate shoes!)

We're in GA but not planning on coming by until 4pm or so; I just can't deal with the stress of lining up and all--did that in Boston in 2005 and I was freaking out the entire time that something would go wrong. I figure wherever I end up in the field it will still be more fun than the seats I had in Vancouver in '09.

Hi! :wave:

There's no roof on Qwest, so .... open! :wink:

There's typically this weird ribbed, metal flooring covering the whole field.

I hear you on the stress. But it's going to be fun. DO YOU HEAR ME, GA OVERLORDS??? IT'S GOING TO BE FUN!!!!!

:panic:

Nah - you should be able to get a great spot even showing up in the afternoon. :)

My friends and I were quite pleased to get to see Rage Against the Machine open for them in Vegas for POPMart. No matter how unmatched the two groups were, Rage was hard core and AWESOME. We missed Smashmouth by about two minutes for POPMart in Seattle, and don't particularly care that we did. I totally forget who opened for them at Elevation in Tacoma...must not have been that exciting!

Lenny though, I had no idea he was even still making music until I heard he was opening at this show! I appreciate his talents, at least, so that'll make it fun. I certainly don't dislike his stuff.

At least U2 doesn't muck around with sucky bands. The group who opened for Gorillaz in Seattle back in November was soooo lame, I felt really bad for them.

One of best small shows I have seen, was when Public Enemy had a few nights off between Bay Area and Vancouver shows opening for U2 back in 1991 or so, and stopped for a show in Portland.

Me Phi Me, Rage Against the Machine, and Public Enemy on the bill that night, and I dont think we got out of there until almost 4am. PE didnt get on stage until midnight, and went until 3:45am.

Rage Against the Machine played for almost 2 hours on their set.

Awesome, thanks corianderstem. Seriously I should know if there's a roof or not, some (imported) Seattlite I am... :wink: I just assumed since Safeco has one that Qwest would as well (never been there, though).

Yeah, that's a perfect icon for it :panic: --I'll be doing that even getting there late. But I hope those GA overlords help out those of you getting there super early.

Rage was so intense, it was great! The energy was electric and fantastic! So fun.

That was our first U2 show too, so we were in high spirits, to say the least.

Oh, Faux Roger Daltrey? :wink:

omg you should totally stalk him while you're here.

Also, my spare phone battery that I ordered isn't here yet. I can make a trip back here tomorrow to see if it's here, but I won't have time to charge it! Whatever.

Oh, Faux Roger Daltrey? :wink:

omg you should totally stalk him while you're here.

Also, my spare phone battery that I ordered isn't here yet. I can make a trip back here tomorrow to see if it's here, but I won't have time to charge it! Whatever.

:lol: at Faux Roger Daltrey. You should have seen my face when we once encountered him shirtless. :drool: I'd also be game to stalk Steve Sarkisian. He's a hottie. My boss has a crush on our current head football coach, Lane Kiffin. He's pretty darn cute too.

Is Pete Carroll still even in Seattle?

You can tell how closely I follow football, NFL or college.

trojanchick99 said:
I need to tweet Pete Carroll, to see if he will be there.

So you could be too shy to talk to him if you ran into him? :)

I am BESIDE MYSELF WITH EXCITEMENT... AAXCCCKKKKK!!! I even missed my Photo class cuz I couldn't take being in a dark room.... eeggghhhmmm, excuse me ladies and vents, CARMEN HAS LEFT THE BUILDING .. AND IS ON A U2 CLOUD!!!

SO my concert-who's-going-with-me-drama is settled... and about damn time, lol... time for Armenia to relax and chill cuz in 2 days I will be with all you fine folks hooperin and a hollarrin!!

Questions.... are we having a dance party in GA line? I think that sounds fabulous!!

Any suggestions on party favors? I will totally come loaded with stuff....

Iris, I totally want a Zumba demonstration. I've been really curious about it!

I think a dance party will occur organically. If we feel so moved to dance, we shall dance.

RAH RAH AH AH AH!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom