June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iris joins my b-day party!:D
For the second year in a row, but this time she will know about it:lol:

I decided to add Seattle back on my tour agenda. I have never been there and this is a perfect excuse to see the city. I just bought a behind the stage ticket, lower level and dead center of the stage. :)

Like Alma, I reserved a room with double beds at the Grand Hyatt. So as of right now I have a spare bed, so if someone would like to share the room, let me know .

:applaud: Great news! Are you doing Oakland as well?

oh and it looks like I found my GA for this show :hyper:

safe to assume the rates at the silver lining will skyrocket past the marriott rates?

reserve now or roll the dice?

safe to assume the rates at the silver lining will skyrocket past the marriott rates?

reserve now or roll the dice?

dan, my wife and i are sharing a room with another buddy, Brett from Florida... of you are looking for roommates......

Even if the weather is bad, you're still in Seattle. :wink:

I really need to find out if they give tours of Qwest Field, and, if it's not expensive, I might need to take one. Every time I walk by it on the way home, I swear it looks like it's absolutely tiny inside.

I figure that can't be the case, because the football field is obviously the same size as other football fields. I wonder if the angle I'm looking at it, or the way the seats/sides are built are deceiving, but I swear it looks like one of those stadiums where the GA area will feel smaller than other stadiums - like Vegas.

It's driving me crazy!

I'm thinking of arriving on the first and heading to Vancouver for the day on the 2nd. It's only 2 hours away, right?

The border is about 2 hours away from Seattle, and Vancouver's about a half hour further, if you take the border crossing closest to the city.

Vancouver's awesome. :love: Hopefully in June it will be nice weather! Even if it's rainy, it's still a fantastic city.

The border is about 2 hours away from Seattle, and Vancouver's about a half hour further, if you take the border crossing closest to the city.

Vancouver's awesome. :love: Hopefully in June it will be nice weather! Even if it's rainy, it's still a fantastic city.

I'd hate to be so close and miss the opportunity to go. It looks like such an awesome city. :)

If you all have time ...go over to Victoria on one of the ferries! That is such a fun ride and you might see some whales along the way!

Also, changing the subject here, I was reading online an interview Bono did ahead of the Moscow show and the fans there are turning the stadium into a field of green for the Irish lads, I think a shamrock symbol too.

In Hawaii everybody wore RED for the red campain.

I think Seattle it too laid back to have a theme...what do you guys think?

Let's all wear plaid. Edge will feel right at home! :lol:

I really like the green idea, and Seattle is the Emerald City afterall.

Here is the piece from the article online:
"Local U2 fans who have been waiting for the group to come for more than two decades have prepared a green welcome for the group. “I bet all of us know that the green color and the shamrock are international symbols of Ireland. We in Russia want to welcome our favorite Irish band with these symbols and create a green shamrock field at the stadium for the opening U2 song,” fan organizers wrote on the U2 fan site, U2.ru. “If you have seats or aren’t planning to stand close, you are encouraged to just take something green with you and wave it from the moment [drummer] Larry [Mullen Jr.] appears on stage till the end of the first song.”

Ha ha ha @ plaid. Grunge city, baby!

I'm kind of meh on the whole "fan action" things. They don't make me excited to see them at other shows, and the idea of participating doesn't spur me to action, either.

:reject:

Maybe it's just because I'm lazy. :wink:

Ha ha ha @ plaid. Grunge city, baby!

I'm kind of meh on the whole "fan action" things. They don't make me excited to see them at other shows, and the idea of participating doesn't spur me to action, either.

:reject:

Maybe it's just because I'm lazy. :wink:

Well, ya...plus it's not like they haven't seen it before either ....so it's nothing that will make them feel special anyway. Plus the Hawaii show wasn't that big a deal with wearing a red shirt, but it was fun to see that the band picked up on it from the web reports and they all wore red (except Bono...maybe his undies were red)
And the more I think about it, Seattle is way too cool to follow others, we usually lead the way in new ideas Hey..here's one...let's do nothing!! :lol:

Ha! We'll all stand around, sipping lattes, wearing Birkenstocks and socks, and be mildly passive-aggressive. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom