June 27, 2010 TCF Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was curious. Has Ticketmaster printed the tickets yet? I haven't received the email that says the tickets have been printed but they've taken the money out of my account. When do they typically get printed and sent out?

When did you buy your tickets?? I bought mine on Wednesday, but I have not received an email yet. However, my money has been taken. If you log back in to ticketmaster, it will show you the status of your tickets. Mine said yesterday that they were in the process of being printed. As long as your tickets still show up as purchased on Ticketmaster....no worries!

When did you buy your tickets?? I bought mine on Wednesday, but I have not received an email yet. However, my money has been taken. If you log back in to ticketmaster, it will show you the status of your tickets. Mine said yesterday that they were in the process of being printed. As long as your tickets still show up as purchased on Ticketmaster....no worries!

Whoops, I should've checked there first, hahaha! Yep, mine says the same thing and I bought mine Tuesday. Thanks!

My boss came into work today completely pissed off over the fact that he couldn't get any tickets to pop up on TM. I told him not to fear and I that I'll find him two GA's here....eventually!

You know, I specifically bought 4 GAs to Seattle so I could trade if need be.

Do you think trying to trade 3 GAs for Seattle for 3 $55 or $30 seats for Mpls would be the strangest trade request we've seen on the site? :lol:

If the student tickets and tickets held back for the sports teams sellout to those groups, then I think a second show is a definite. Huge surprise that this market would sell so well. U2 has only played a stadium in Minneapolis/St. Paul once before on the POPMART tour. That show had a total of a little over 28,000 in attendance.

Huge surprise that this market would sell so well.

Not to me, but I'm not the stats guy around here ;) If one only used Popmart figures for asserting the strength of a North American city/market for projected 360 tour sales it would be wrong much of the time - simply based on sales of this tour compared to then. Irrespective of a stadium tour that didn't do well in many markets over a decade ago, I think the Twin Cities has always done U2 proud. Combine a fantastic band, a brand new outdoor venue, and the start of summer in the upper Midwest and I think and hope we've earned a second show.

Not to me, but I'm not the stats guy around here ;) If one only used Popmart figures for asserting the strength of a North American city/market for projected 360 tour sales it would be wrong much of the time - simply based on sales of this tour compared to then. Irrespective of a stadium tour that didn't do well in many markets over a decade ago, I think the Twin Cities has always done U2 proud. Combine a fantastic band, a brand new outdoor venue, and the start of summer in the upper Midwest and I think and hope we've earned a second show.

We definitely should have had 2 Vertigo shows. That was an oversight by the band.

Given how TCF Stadium sold, I think we could easily sell out a second show. Will we get one? I doubt it.

Last night I dreamt that I got up in the middle of the night and checked Ticketmaster, and I was able to buy 6 tickets.

Stupid dreams not being real. Damn my brain! :grumpy:

Going to be really interesting to see how this show turns out, given it's the bookend to the Glastonbury (!) date - the band's going to be doing a hell of a lot of travelling that week!

Going to be really interesting to see how this show turns out, given it's the bookend to the Glastonbury (!) date - the band's going to be doing a hell of a lot of travelling that week!

Ugh, yeah, I guess it's been confirmed now.
Well, if anything can get the boys up from lots of travel, it Minneapolis--always plenty of energy from them here.

is there anyone here willing to swap two general admission tickets for two section 226 row 21 tickets? I was on the site at 10:05, and no general admissions left. it's my first concert, and I really wanted to be in General Admission!

Or do you guys think it would be better to buy GA tickets and sell them? The tickets are two next to each other, and DIRECTLY in front of the stage....

^sorry you didn't get GA but those seats aren't that great for most people to want to swap them, even if this was an arena and not a stadium. That's pretty far away and it's upper deck. If they were on the lower level, sides of the stage then they would be something to think about. You could always try to buy GA's here and also sell your exisiting tickets.

Its not just based on POPMART, the only prior U2 stadium show in the Twin Cities, but how they did on the other tours as well. They only played one arena show on Elevation and just one arena show on Vertigo too. In fact, the only time they played more than one show in the Twin Cities was on the Joshua Tree Tour when they played two arena shows.

Its not just based on POPMART, the only prior U2 stadium show in the Twin Cities, but how they did on the other tours as well. They only played one arena show on Elevation and just one arena show on Vertigo too. In fact, the only time they played more than one show in the Twin Cities was on the Joshua Tree Tour when they played two arena shows.

if Popmart bombed here it's because until this year, we only had a dome stadium where the sound quality sucks. But Popmart didn't do that great to begin with. I've been to several concerts at our dome and have always left disappointed. A lot of people skip concerts at the dome because it's a sucky venue and should be torn down. Once next April comes, the Twin Cities will have not only 1 but 2 outdoor stadiums so that opens up a lot of avenues for us. I know we could have easily sold out another show on Vertigo. I knew so many people that wanted to go but were unable to get tickets. U2 would have sold out a 2nd show here for the current tour, Elevation, or Vertigo. I think given the fact that tickets sold out on Saturday proves that point.

if Popmart bombed here it's because until this year, we only had a dome stadium where the sound quality sucks. But Popmart didn't do that great to begin with. I've been to several concerts at our dome and have always left disappointed. A lot of people skip concerts at the dome because it's a sucky venue and should be torn down. Once next April comes, the Twin Cities will have not only 1 but 2 outdoor stadiums so that opens up a lot of avenues for us. I know we could have easily sold out another show on Vertigo. I knew so many people that wanted to go but were unable to get tickets. U2 would have sold out a 2nd show here for the current tour, Elevation, or Vertigo. I think given the fact that tickets sold out on Saturday proves that point.

Yeah, it seems impossible that they would add a second show on a Monday night. But, I am convinced it would sell out.

Is it sad that I keep checking Ticketmaster multiple times a day to see if there are magically more tickets available?

Probably not. They're really active and fit (they're in their mid-60s), but long-term standing wouldn't go over too well with my mom, I think.

I might still ask them to see I should even consider it as an option, but I think they'd like to have a seat as an option if they feel the need to sit during the show.

Probably not. They're really active and fit (they're in their mid-60s), but long-term standing wouldn't go over too well with my mom, I think.

I might still ask them to see I should even consider it as an option, but I think they'd like to have a seat as an option if they feel the need to sit during the show.

Just a thought. It will be a lot easier to cobble together the GAs at this point versus seats. Plus, you never know about ticket fairies.

Believe me, I've thought about that benefit of the GAs.

Not sure what you mean about "you never know about ticket fairies!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom