June 26, 2011 - Spartan Stadium - East Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milwaukee fan

Anybody driving up from Milwaukee or SE Wisconsin? I have a spare seated ticket and could use a co-driver. Non-smoker please.

Can't WAIT for this show!:hyper:

They talked about this show on the radio today after they played Beautiful Day!
I'm pretty sure I'll hear the words "your original tickets are still good" for a while when stations mention it.

Woohoo! I cant wait. A Sunday date is great and this is just a few days after my daughter's birthday and we plan on surprising her with a ticket. Lets get started! Any good ideas on places to stay? Maybe a meet up somewhere?

I'm going! :loveshower:

Hubby, myself, and our son, who will be 5 1/2 by then are driving up from Youngstown, Ohio...we're planning on showing up early and staking out arrival locations. Still haven't settled on a hotel yet. Trying to decide whether we want to stay close, or stay a bit further out. Any advice from fans who've taken kids to shows?? (And yes, we have seats. We're not doing GA with the boy just yet, lol.)

While my excitement for this event is now on the backburner, there is still this feeling of happiness in the back of my mind knowing that I'll be seeing U2 in 10 months. Absolutely cannot wait!

I'm in for this... Florence and the Machine as the opening act clinched it... It'll be nice seeing a decent opening act for one show this leg... Not Intercrap...

I really like Interpol, so I'm disappointed in that regard.

Still excited for the show though, of course!

Camping?

I've got a friend to go with me next year and we want to camp. Does anyone have a particular camping area they could recommend? We're coming from Wisconsin via Chicago so if it was a bit south of E. Lansing that would work.

I just can't wait!:hyper:

I have a Chicago GA to trade for an East Lansing one. Decided I wanna go to this show too. Hit me up, please.

Found some more info on the show at special.news.msu.edu/u2

U2 at Spartan Stadium
Parking

Public parking will be available beginning at 3 p.m. the day of the concert at a variety of locations on campus. Most parking fees are $20. RVs will be charged $40 and free parking with a $5 shuttle will be offered in the commuter lot.

MSU staff and faculty should be aware that some lots will be closed prior to and following the concert. Please plan accordingly.

* Lot 62E (staff/faculty lot north of Spartan Stadium near IM West) will be closed from mid-June until mid-July.

The following parking lots will close at 6 a.m. June 26 and will be VIP parking areas during the concert. There will be no parking in these lots for students, faculty and staff at this time.

* Lot 62W (IM West lot)
* Lot 61(East of Spartan Stadium)
* Lot 79 (Spartan Stadium south lot)
* Lot 56 (East of football practice field, corner of Shaw Lane and Red Cedar Road)
* Lot 58 (South of Oyer Speech and Hearing Building)

Guests holding inner circle tickets may park at Munn Field and must show inner circle ticket to park. Fee: $20

Limos should park in Lot 58 (South of Oyer Speech and Hearing Building). Fee: $20

RV’s should park ONLY in Lot 92 (Service Road and Bogue Street next to Water Plant). Fee: $40 with free shuttle bus to stadium.

Handicap parking is available in Lot 48 (South of Natural Resources Building at Farm Lane and Trowbridge Road). Users must have handicapped plate or placard for entry. Fee: $20 with free shuttle bus to stadium.

All public lots except those noted for VIP and stage construction are open for public parking. Fee: $20

* The following ramps are recommended for general parking. Fee: $20
* Ramp 6 (North of Morrill Hall, enter off of Grand River Avenue)
* Ramp 2 (Between Computer Center and Bessey Hall)
* Wharton Ramp (Wharton Center for Performing Arts)

Lot 89 (Commuter lot south of main campus, at Farm Lane and Mount Hope Roads) will offer FREE parking with $5 shuttle available to stadium.

Also:

U2 at Spartan Stadium
Campus and stadium policies

Michigan State University is pleased to welcome U2 concert-goers to campus and to Spartan Stadium and expect everyone to have a great time.

As guests to the university, it is important to be familiar with university policy and ordinances. Please review the following to make sure you know the policies before you come to campus.

* Traffic access to the university will open at 3 p.m.
* Access to the stadium will begin at 5:30 p.m.
* Guests holding Field tickets can only enter/exit through North tunnel and have no access to the rest of the stadium.
* There is NO RE-ENTRY to the stadium at any time.
* No tailgating with alcohol is allowed and will be enforced per university ordinance.
* No camping will be allowed.
* All gates except gate H (at the northwest corner of the stadium) will be open for entry into the stadium.

The use of a ticket to an event authorizes an inspection at the point of entry to ensure the absence of prohibited materials. Admission will be denied to anyone carrying any of the prohibited items.

The following items will be prohibited from Spartan Stadium for the U2 concert:

* Alcoholic beverages
* Bottled water
* Purses or bags of any size
* Cameras (lenses longer than 3”)
* Video cameras
* Audio recorders
* Television sets
* Bells
* Whistles
* Sirens
* Horns
* Banners
* Signs
* Umbrellas
* Seatbacks
* Binocular/camera cases
* Containers and bags of any kind
* Bottles
* Cans
* Weapons
* Fireworks
* Laser pointing devices
* Projectiles
* Other potentially dangerous objects

Yeah, I'm still planning on camping out early and waiting for the SUV's to roll through. And I'm taking my big-ass RS Bono bag with me. I'm going to probably end up calling the stadium, because they HAVE to allow purses of some sort...:hmm:

"Traffic access to the university will open at 3 p.m." Okay, then...too bad we'll all be there long before that. I was camping out for SUV arrival at noon in Tampa. :lol:

TELEVISION SETS? No wonder the ZooTV tour never went to East Lansing... :lol:
I'm wondering how U2's getting a spaceship in there... :lmao:

I saw the thing about no traffic access before 3pm before it all got postponed. I don't think whoever made that "rule" understands U2 fans. I know I'll be in line WAY WAY before that.

Spartan Stadium is in the center of MSU's campus...the library is just across the Red Cedar River. If they don't let you camp out, grab a nice book and just linger all of 30 seconds away in Wells or the library or by the Sparty statue....or play a game of ultimate on the nearby field.

Hi Miro,

We're staying at the TownePlace Suites at 2855 Hannah Boulevard. Too far to walk (Google says 40 minutes). Any idea what the parking situation might be like?

Yes! Try camping at Sleepy Hollow State park...it's only about 20 minutes north of Lansing in DeWitt. It's situated around Lake Ovid and is really nice: they have a beach with great facilities, disc golf, a few trails.

I've got a friend to go with me next year and we want to camp. Does anyone have a particular camping area they could recommend? We're coming from Wisconsin via Chicago so if it was a bit south of E. Lansing that would work.

I just can't wait!:hyper:

Flint/Grand Rapids have small airports (as does Lansing, I believe) but Detroit (DTW) is only 90 mnutes away. And, believe it or not, Detroit has one of the most beautiful airports in the country. You'll connect through there likely anyway, so if you've got to rent a car, well, you may as well take it from DTW where it will be much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom