June 26, 2011 - Spartan Stadium - East Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for tomorrow but I'm nervous about getting there! Also I'm going to try and meet the band some I'm showing up earlier. Wish me luck cause I'll be needing it! Also that no bag law is a bunch of bs!

liban0214, get your facts straight and STOP spreading false rumours. Security were not threatening to arrest anyone. I spoke to Craig Evans, the tour director and Dave Sauter the security head of U2 outside the stadium. They said to show up at 7am. Not ONCE did they threaten arrests. Stop spreading ill conceived notions, you'll cause more problems than you could solve. :doh:

Sleee-eep.
Sleep to-night.
And may your dreams, be realized.

If the thundercloud, passes rain,
So let it rain, let it rain, rain down on yee

Mmmhmnnm, so let it be
Mmmhmmm, so let it be

liban0214, get your facts straight and STOP spreading false rumours. Security were not threatening to arrest anyone. I spoke to Craig Evans, the tour director and Dave Sauter the security head of U2 outside the stadium. They said to show up at 7am. Not ONCE did they threaten arrests. Stop spreading ill conceived notions, you'll cause more problems than you could solve. :doh:

I'm sorry that you think I'm spreading rumors. I spoke to one of the security officers at MSU, and everything mentioned above was said by him . They are concerned about people starting problems because of the numbering system at gate D and those that will show up at 7 am without numbers and anyone who will cause issues will be arrested ...this not spreading rumors , this is telling everyone on here that it will not be worth losing these tickets over silly arguments. Please be respectful of others on this site before making accusations . We obviously spoke to different sources and the bottom line is the same : SHOW UP AT 7 AM. Also, keep in mind that a few of us have repeatedly tried earlier to gather and we were dispersed , his choice of words could have been used to scare us off because we never attempted to come back after that discussion . Again, no rumors here !!!

liban0214, don't worry about MSU security. U2's security and tour crew will handle them. MSU is simply not prepared for our crowd and is expecting the worst. U2's crew will politely correct them and make sure we are all taken care of properly. U2>MSU.

AND OMG GUYS IT'S HERE. IT'S FINALLY HERE.
:panic:

We leave in the next hour for E LANSING!

I will finally meet all of you amazing people and hopefully see the band arrive!

WHAT TIME IS IT IN THE WORLD?????

liban0214, don't worry about MSU security. U2's security and tour crew will handle them. MSU is simply not prepared for our crowd and is expecting the worst. U2's crew will politely correct them and make sure we are all taken care of properly. U2>MSU.

AND OMG GUYS IT'S HERE. IT'S FINALLY HERE.
:panic:

We leave in the next hour for E LANSING!

I will finally meet all of you amazing people and hopefully see the band arrive!

WHAT TIME IS IT IN THE WORLD?????

Great to hear!! Do you they will ease up on the bags rule?

Sitting at number 155 in line - met u2brthr and some great guys just - gonna play a song in a minute

The bag rule has not changed unfortunately.
Dave Sauter came over to the bridge across from Spartan Stadium at 704a today and took us across the street to the GA queue in single file. Very organized. Everyone in that queue is from yesterday when the #s were being done. So Dave did honor the GA # because he saw how well organized everything was. Oh and Dave told us the field will only have 3500 on it. It is official, the smallest GA crowd on the whole tour. He said if you are in the pit, there will be so much open space you can dance. They are letting us in at 530p today, no wristbands necessary because of the small amount. Porta Potties will be on the side on the floor, no access to the bleachers (yep they are bleachers). They are taking in 100 people at a time. This show could be as wonderful as Norman!

The tickets will be scanned. I asked him if there will be a problem with the 2010 issued tix? He says, no problems.

It was really funny how we got herded through the elaborate maze set up for us.
And there is no red zone.

INCA

The tickets will be scanned. I asked him if there will be a problem with the 2010 issued tix? He says, no problems.

It was really funny how we got herded through the elaborate maze set up for us.
And there is no red zone.

INCA

Folks, Are we still looking at a 8:45-9.00 PM start time for the band?

Yes it was a great show - it kept getting better as the night went on. Best band on the planet, period. The applause after streets seemed to blow them away. All in all it was a perfect day. Now I'm really thinking about Chicago.... :)

Yes it was a great show - it kept getting better as the night went on. Best band on the planet, period. The applause after streets seemed to blow them away. All in all it was a perfect day. Now I'm really thinking about Chicago.... :)

I've only seen them 4 times, but I can't recall a hearing a louder applause. That was so loud! :applaud:

Last night was my 5th show in 24 years. Thank you to U2 for a great show and to the good people at Michigan State for hosting a fantastic night of music. The band was in fine form and the audience was right there with them all night. Good times.

The bag rule has not changed unfortunately.
Dave Sauter came over to the bridge across from Spartan Stadium at 704a today and took us across the street to the GA queue in single file. Very organized. Everyone in that queue is from yesterday when the #s were being done. So Dave did honor the GA # because he saw how well organized everything was. Oh and Dave told us the field will only have 3500 on it. It is official, the smallest GA crowd on the whole tour. He said if you are in the pit, there will be so much open space you can dance. They are letting us in at 530p today, no wristbands necessary because of the small amount. Porta Potties will be on the side on the floor, no access to the bleachers (yep they are bleachers). They are taking in 100 people at a time. This show could be as wonderful as Norman!

I was there last night as well and the stadium made for an interesting night. There was no Red Zone which allowed for a lot of mobility throughout the GA. There was no 'back' behind the claw so the band had to walk down a flight of stairs. Gear was spread everywhere around like a messy bedroom. The claw also took up every inch of the field which made it more intimate.

One place that is really underestimated amongst U2 fans is the back half of the pitch. People were dancing with arms flaying out with abandon. Plenty of space as well. It felt like was plenty of access to walk around on the FLOOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom