June 25, 2010 - Glastonbury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly though, how do you see U2's chances of dominating the festival against those competitors? Potentially it is a risk with Muse playing the night after, the haters could easily rally behind the success of Muse's performance to diminish that of U2.

But then I have complete faith in the boys :D

It's not a contest, it's a festival, but I'm sure Bono could beat the crap out of Matthew Bellamy if necessary :sexywink:

Actually, Matt has stated that he would like to have Bono onstage with Muse during their set at Glastonbury. I doubt any ass-kicking will be going on.

Also, Matt totally pwns Bono when it comes to playing the guitar. :wink:

Amazing 2-day transition it will be... from The Claw in Edmonton to the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury, UK. Oh boy. :D

Actually, Matt has stated that he would like to have Bono onstage with Muse during their set at Glastonbury. I doubt any ass-kicking will be going on.

Also, Matt totally pwns Bono when it comes to playing the guitar. :wink:

I doubt such a duet will open unfortunately since they'll most likely be in and out of the festival surely?

And you may be right saying that it is a festival not a contest, but trust me, the cynical British press will turn it into a contest.

Last chance to register for Glastonbury tickets! The resale of tickets is 11th April but you have to be registered by 31st March.

did anyone else get a Glastonbury ticket in this morning's re-sale?? My entire year has been leading up to this morning. and I'm fucking GOING!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper: I've been going since 2003 and have had SUCH good luck last year getting tickets to basically any gig I've tried so thought my luck was up this year since I had no money when they first went on sale.

I'm SO damn excited! Cannot fucking wait to see U2 at the BEST festival there is. It's going to be the best thing. Just wish they were on Saturday/Sunday so it's not gone on the first night haha

Im sure anyone who wanted to go got a ticket. I never registered but out of curiosity had a look and you could still get coach packages at around 11am

yeah the coach packages always seem to take a couple of hours to sell out, no idea why! I know people who go for them specifically because there's no risk of waiting.

The official facebook page is full of people getting pretty arsey about how it's "disgusting" and "disgraceful" that they've sold out and SeeTickets are the worst people on earth etc etc
I had no problem getting my tickets oddly. literally just clicked 'Buy' and the page loaded instantly :huh: no queue for once.

did anyone else get a Glastonbury ticket in this morning's re-sale?? My entire year has been leading up to this morning. and I'm fucking GOING!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper: I've been going since 2003 and have had SUCH good luck last year getting tickets to basically any gig I've tried so thought my luck was up this year since I had no money when they first went on sale.

I'm SO damn excited! Cannot fucking wait to see U2 at the BEST festival there is. It's going to be the best thing. Just wish they were on Saturday/Sunday so it's not gone on the first night haha
Well done..I can't wait either to see my favourite band at my favourite festival! (Friday's not really the first night though..there is always something going on till the early hours on Wednesday and Thursday!)

I managed to get me and my mate tickets at around 10:15am though had to settle for coach packages (a rip off at £58.50 a pop in my view). So excited though, and had almost given up after waiting over an hour to get them, website was a complete shambles, I couldn't even load it up for 20 minutes. Had my confirmation email and whatnot but will be making sure it comes out my bank tomorrow, doesn't seem real yet.

Well done those who got tix! I know ActorBrad did too so he'll be over from LA for the festival.

I think you *have* to take the coach with the coach package, as in you receive your festival ticket whilst on the coach itself, and not through the post.

Some people have to travel to where the coach departs from which may not be the most convenient place compared to where they live. And you're obviously more limited to what you can bring compared to a car. But at least you're going! :)

yeah you HAVE to take the coach and get given tickets by the driver which is why I couldn't risk them as my girlfriend won't be coming with me on the wednedsay! I read someone's post on Facebook saying they're 5 miles from the festival site but has to go to London to get their bus hahah

Well done..I can't wait either to see my favourite band at my favourite festival! (Friday's not really the first night though..there is always something going on till the early hours on Wednesday and Thursday!)

Thank you. Yeah you're definitely right! That's another thing I love about Glastonbury. I have just as much fun on the wednesday and thursday nights as well! things are starting to trickle into Thursdays now since everyone turns up early. Maximo Park's opening set and stuff. I saw them on the Saturday and barely anybody went because they'd already seen them :lol:

But yes, just like you I'm going to be seeing my favourite band at my favourite festival. I've seen some of my favourite ever sets at this festival so this is going to be something else!

I managed to get tickets too! Super excited, never been to Glastonbury before so should be a blast. Also getting to see Muse again will be :up: :up: I really expected not to be able to get tickets but was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was, seetickets didn't even place me in a queue(!) Does anyone know when the final full lineup is going to be announced?

yeah early May supposedly! :) also Amy, i think Stevie Wonder's been confirmed hasn't he? I know they said he was playing but it wasn't SET IT STONE but haven't they 100% confirmed it since.

Being the 40th anniversary there's supposedly tons of really big bands playing all over the place on the most unlikely stages at the most unlikely times :hyper:

yeah no-one's hinting towards anyone else for Sunday. Must have been confirmed.

Who's looking forward to the England game on the wednesday? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom