June 23, 2010 - Edmonton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
June 23, 2010 Edmonton

This is the only one I know we'll be going to for sure.

What a ridiculous timeline though, I'm STILL OUT IN VANCOUVER for Wednesday's show, and I have to buy tickets for Edmonton TOMORROW? Thank goodness I have an earlier presale code (Breathe) for Tuesday, because how ridiculous is it that there will be people from Edmonton in the GA LINE FOR VANCOUVER on Wednesday who need to buy their tickets that morning?

:shifty:

Couldn't have given us an extra week to plan this? Now I have to do some long distance coordination with home to get tickets - jeez boys, let me unpack first! :doh:

I want to do Edmonton sooooo bad. I'm waiting to hear back from my cousin who lives out in Calgary to see if she'll go with me :D
Btw, I keep asking this everywhere but can't seem to get an answer. Do you now how to get the link to the presales? Im in Breathe too and I've never done a presale before.

FINALLY!!!!! It's been far to long not seeing U2 in Edmonton! I jut got back from the Vegas show and it was so incredible!!! There will be a second show for sure, as there is a week apart from the next show.

I want to do Edmonton sooooo bad. I'm waiting to hear back from my cousin who lives out in Calgary to see if she'll go with me :D
Btw, I keep asking this everywhere but can't seem to get an answer. Do you now how to get the link to the presales? Im in Breathe too and I've never done a presale before.

Log in on U2.com TOUR page and your code will be on left, link should be right on that page when it's active.

I will be catching a plan tomorrow to Vancouver and trying to figure out how to get presales... I mean it's 9 months away... did an extra week really mean that much...

Well shame on you for trying to get in the GA line so early... I still can't believe they couldn't wait..

This is the only one I know we'll be going to for sure.

What a ridiculous timeline though, I'm STILL OUT IN VANCOUVER for Wednesday's show, and I have to buy tickets for Edmonton TOMORROW? Thank goodness I have an earlier presale code (Breathe) for Tuesday, because how ridiculous is it that there will be people from Edmonton in the GA LINE FOR VANCOUVER on Wednesday who need to buy their tickets that morning?

:shifty:

Couldn't have given us an extra week to plan this? Now I have to do some long distance coordination with home to get tickets - jeez boys, let me unpack first! :doh:

I was getting off my plane from Vegas --all sad it was all over-- when I got the text from U2.com. It is like perfect timing because I have tomorrow off work. I feel for you guys who are in Vancity...that really does suck.

(ummm I kinda hope they do 2 shows here...that would be sweet. I am only buying 2 tickets for the 23rd just in case. Fingers crossed for GA!)

I am so excited :hyper: to see them at home...8 months! *happy dance*
hj:heart:

I've waited 13 years for this moment!!!! Not subscribed on U2.com so I guess I'm trying my luck at 10 am Nov 2 on ticketmaster. :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I still haven't decided if I'm gonna bust out my presale code for this show or use it on Thursday for the Athens show. really nervous about missing out though in the public sale. Would be so embarassing for me to not get tickets to U2 in Edmonton as I'm in Red Deer and my friends think it's nuts I go everywhere else to see them:lol:

Can't wait for Vancouver on Wedneday though! Fly out tonight. Wooo Hoooo!

Can't get tix

I have 2 presale codes + My Eskimo Season Tix code and none go through...

They said Tue at Noon... Thinking it's 12:06

I got my GA tickets for Edmonton. Kinda bittersweet since I wanted to use my code for Athens but this way I wont have to miss work. Get the Edmonton tickets now then try my very best at 2:00am on Monday morning in the Athens public sale. fingers crossed.

The Breathe presale starts at 3:00PM but I was able to use my U2B### pre-sale code without issue at 2:20PM. Before buying my tickets I did some searching and came up with the same areas for the $250/$95 price range. Here is what I was commonly offered:

$250
Section X Row 19 Seat 15-16
Section X Row 19 Seat 9-10
Section X Row 20 Seat 13/14

I tried to find Lower Deck / North Side but no tickets were available. Perhaps the control tower will block that part of the venue (it did in Vegas) and only Upper Deck / North Side will be available?

$95
Section U Row 17 Seat 13/14
Section U Row 19 Seat 5/6
Section U Row 19 Seat 15/16

When I searched for $95/Upper Deck/West Side I was put in the X2 area.

$55
There were two tickets available when I searched for GA.

Ultimately I went for the $95 range Section U / Row 17 seats. I was in the $250 zone at Sam Boyd/Las Vegas and I was further back behind the stage then I would have like. I sat in the equivalent of "Section B" on the Ticketmaster map and I wanted to see more of the stage/band instead of relying on the videos.

You can see what I mean here: Sean Gursky's Photos | Facebook. That was a photo of our seats in Vegas (Section 104) and the stage was further ahead of us so that Edge and Bono were mostly not visible. Of course the further up field you go the more you risk a Claw foot being in your way, but unless you were really unfortunate it shouldn't block your entire view.

Happy huntings!

The Breathe presale starts at 3:00PM but I was able to use my U2B### pre-sale code without issue at 2:20PM. Before buying my tickets I did some searching and came up with the same areas for the $250/$95 price range. Here is what I was commonly offered:

$250
Section X Row 19 Seat 15-16
Section X Row 19 Seat 9-10
Section X Row 20 Seat 13/14

I tried to find Lower Deck / North Side but no tickets were available. Perhaps the control tower will block that part of the venue (it did in Vegas) and only Upper Deck / North Side will be available?

$95
Section U Row 17 Seat 13/14
Section U Row 19 Seat 5/6
Section U Row 19 Seat 15/16

When I searched for $95/Upper Deck/West Side I was put in the X2 area.

$55
There were two tickets available when I searched for GA.

Ultimately I went for the $95 range Section U / Row 17 seats. I was in the $250 zone at Sam Boyd/Las Vegas and I was further back behind the stage then I would have like. I sat in the equivalent of "Section B" on the Ticketmaster map and I wanted to see more of the stage/band instead of relying on the videos.

You can see what I mean here: Sean Gursky's Photos | Facebook. That was a photo of our seats in Vegas (Section 104) and the stage was further ahead of us so that Edge and Bono were mostly not visible. Of course the further up field you go the more you risk a Claw foot being in your way, but unless you were really unfortunate it shouldn't block your entire view.

Happy huntings!

That is super helpful thanks for posting the findings. I was wondering but I got burned looking for tickets with my presale code once so I went in at 1 p.m. bought 2 GA's and got out. Didn't want to take any chances. I was super curious to see what seats came up. I am hoping it sells out fast so they put on a 2nd show. I want to get seats for the second show.

I returned to work from my Vegas vacation today (still basking in the afterglow...you know I still don't have my voice back, lol) and immediately booked vacation days June 22-25 off. I'm going to make it a party week and really enjoy it...oh and stand in line for GA for how ever long they will let us! LOL! The peeps I work with think I have lost my mind...they just don't get U2. They thought I would be "mad" when I got back to find that I had "wasted" my money going all the way to Vegas to see them and now they are coming here.
Mad? Wasted money? pft...I would travel to the ends of the earth to experience a U2 concert...that U2 are coming to us this time is like the cherry on top!

Can't wait to see this show in June!!

Wish I was in Vancity tonight too, sigh.....it would be amazing...I will be "watching" via twitter.
hj:heart:

It's amazing the GAs lasted as long as they did - I got one just after 5pm Toronto time Tues night with no problem (I'm in Breathe).

I've never travelled to see U2 before so I'm excited... right now I'm doing two shows (TO and Edmonton) and waiting for the Montreal presale *g*

Your tickets have been printed!

:heart:holy cow...Ticketmaster just sent me an email that I will get my tickets in the mail shortly. They are being printed! For those of you who went to Vegas--we HAD to will call- it will be so much relief to just have the actual tickets in hand. whew!

LOL! 8 months to go and I will have my tickets by the time the regular on sale date happens. Sweeeee-eeet.

Um...did anybunny get the VIP tickets? They are like $565 bucks.Is the VIP worth it?

Just wondering....:hmm:
hj

:heart:holy cow...Ticketmaster just sent me an email that I will get my tickets in the mail shortly. They are being printed! For those of you who went to Vegas--we HAD to will call- it will be so much relief to just have the actual tickets in hand. whew!

LOL! 8 months to go and I will have my tickets by the time the regular on sale date happens. Sweeeee-eeet.

Um...did anybunny get the VIP tickets? They are like $565 bucks.Is the VIP worth it?

Just wondering....:hmm:
hj

I just got back from Vancouver, we had VIP tickets...The seats themselves were awesome, but the VIP package is the biggest fucking joke of all time!

If I knew then what I know now I would have simply purchased $250 seats and saved $500+ dollars.

Here's a cool picture of the Popmart stage in Edmonton back in 1997. Both those shows were amazing!

edmonton.jpg

Hi Tim...Yep I got a couple of GA's and still have a code left just incase there is a second show added! I've got to assume that you've got yours locked in already hey?

Vancouver show was AMAZING, I was shocked how good the sound was in BC Place...We were in 217 Edges side, perfect site lines and sound. A buddy of mine was behind the stage lower section and he complained that there was a lot of feedback. Three other friends were on the floor tight to the sound stage (hanging out with Liam Neeson lol) and they all said the sound was perfect!

Drive was a little scary coming home yesterday, lots of freezing rain through the coquihalla, and then rogers pass was a blizzard. To top it off the last 195 kms we had 42 deer sitings lol . It was worth every minute of it.

Just a heads up for members going to future shows in Vancouver...Avoid the Greenbrier Hotel! What a F'ning dump, the smell was so bad in our "executive suite" that I didn't sleep at all the two nights we stayed there.

8 months to go :hyper:...

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom