June 23, 2010 - Edmonton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work on campus and I saw a total of two posters on the east wall of SUB ... which were promptly covered up by a million other ads (you can just barely see them now), and I saw a handful of other posters on some construction sites on Jasper Ave at around 108th. That's it.

Maybe there was more out there that I didn't see, but I do think that U2 was advertised poorly here, based on what I saw. Were it not for me being a huge fan, most of the people I work with wouldn't have known about the tickets being on sale, either.

But I guess that's neither here nor there now. I'm grateful that we get the one show.

Rick Lee at Sonic is a good bet for the balloon idea. :)

I think the show was announced and tickets went on sale so fast nobody had time to really soak in what was happening. I know a lot of friends who didn't even know they were coming untill I told them I got tickets. Usually shows get announced and it's a few weeks before they go onsale and the radio stations have time to promote it a bit. Not so much this time. The show was 8 months away when tickets went on sale so it's hard to promote something that far away I think. Honestly if the concert was in January tickets would've sold much faster I think and promo would've been through the roof. Also if it was in January Commonwealth would actually need a roof :lol:

As for Sonic and Rick Lee, I've sent an e-mail stating our balloon intentions and asking for any help they can give. I'll let ay all know what they say when they respond.

I have just done a very foolish thing...I just bought a ticket for Seattle. :hyper:
GA.
Wanna go? We could go together and it will be way cheap.
I am now going to stalk you and send you a text.

Delusional,
hj:heart:

can't.:sad: parents confirmed to driving from Vancouver Island to Edmonton that weekend. Would be totally shitty of me to leave town when they are coming to town. (Especially since they are bringing some of my stuff here to me)
Thankfully they will be gone Sunday night so we have all week to celebrate the arrival of U2 to Edmonton. :applaud:

I swear I responded to this...wth...oh maybe I posted in Zootopia...But yeah I am totally into helping out with balloons and I can talk to Rick Lee at Sonic when we know what is the deal. Red and White Balloons sound awesome..
Helium filled or just blown up? And can you tell us more about the Thank you thing you organized? I would love to do something like that here...

hj:heart:

haha yeah I think you did respond over at zootopia. I totally missed this post and sent an e-mail to sonic tonight. I had no idea we had connections to talk to him. That'd be super cool though. My thinking was they might like a decent heads up if they were to get behind this. Who knows maybe they'll have 30 000 Sonic red and white balloons made up and need the time to do it. Wishful thinking maybe. But for sure I thin everyone agrees on red & white and I think we definately just go with air balloons though. That way the balloons stay around for the whole show. I mean the second people let go of their helium balloons they'd float right outta the stadium :laugh:

As for the THANK YOU signs in Portland, myself and Miroslava(not sure if she even posts here anymore) were talking one night about doing somthing for the band at that show. I jokingly said we could make "thank you" signs and she took it serious and e-mailed me a sign. It was perfect. Just big black letters THANK YOU on 8 X 11 white paper. So that's how it started. It was kind of gaining some momentum but everyone was pitching in like 10 signs here and 20 signs there and that wasn't gonna cut it so I went out and bought 3500 pieces of paper. My friend worked in an office with 6 photo copie machines and we blasted off 3502 THANK YOU signs on night. I posted how many signs I ahd and that's when it really took off. In all we ended up with over 11 000 signs. I had to bring an extra suitcase to get them all to Portland. I know for a fact that me and my freind put one sign on every single seat in the 4 closest sections on either side from the stage out in the lower bowl at the Rose Garden. Lots of people helped us too otherwise we'd have never got it done. Not sure if anyone behind the stage got signs or not though. Then Miroslava and whoever else was on the floor handed out thousands more. Unknown to us the atu2 members had come up with the same idea so they had signs as well.

Anyways it was pretty awesome when the signs went up durring the intro to Elevation. Bono stopped and said "No thank you!" he then went on to give the mic to all the other band members asking them what they thought. In the end I think they really appreciated it. It was fun to do and I think we pulled it off. u2.com wrote about it and there may have been a blurb about it in Rolling Stone Magazine but don't quote me on that. If you watch this clip from 5:55 - 7:30 you can see it
YouTube - U2 Portland 2005-12-19 Compilation

ixxrlw.jpg

Well didn't have to wait til nov 2nd to get my tickets. I was able to get 3 of them presale and then an additional 2 on nov 2nd and only 2 rows behind where I got my 3 original tickets. I'm on the second level of the stadium on the east side. I hope the sun won't be too much of a bother. Hopefully it'll be overcast but no rain :)

I am sending positive thoughts out to the universe for great weather on the 23rd! I know it will be a beautiful day!

In 97 I saw them from the same general area and it was awesome. You know U2, they make it intimate no matter where you sit. Glad you got good tickets!!
:hyper: Is it June yet?

There are no more multiple tickets left for Edmonton. Come on add another show!

June 23, 2010 Edmonton Commonwealth Stadium 60,217
$250 Lower east deck singles
$250 Lower west deck singles
$95 Lower east deck singles
$95 Lower north deck singles
$95 Lower west deck singles
$95 Upper east deck singles
$95 Upper west deck singles
$55 GA sold out
$55 Lower east deck sold out
$55 Lower west deck sold out
$55 Upper east deck singles
$55 Upper west deck singles
$30 Lower east deck sold out
$30 Lower north deck sold out
$30 Lower west deck sold out
$30 Upper east deck singles
$30 Upper west deck singles

With even stronger rumours of a Minneapolis show - latest has a tour date announcement coming Monday - will they do a second show now? (Rumoured date is June 27.)

Fingers still crossed....

With even stronger rumours of a Minneapolis show - latest has a tour date announcement coming Monday - will they do a second show now? (Rumoured date is June 27.)

Well I am still saving a presale code for just that opportunity. I know the odds are against it, but they could still play the 24th and make it to Minny for the 27th, I keep telling myself that anyhow. I am not resigned to believe the rumours that the 2nd show is out *just* yet.

:love:

There are no more multiple tickets left for Edmonton. Come on add another show!

June 23, 2010 Edmonton Commonwealth Stadium 60,217
$250 Lower east deck singles
$250 Lower west deck singles
$95 Lower east deck singles
$95 Lower north deck singles
$95 Lower west deck singles
$95 Upper east deck singles
$95 Upper west deck singles
$55 GA sold out
$55 Lower east deck sold out
$55 Lower west deck sold out
$55 Upper east deck singles
$55 Upper west deck singles
$30 Lower east deck sold out
$30 Lower north deck sold out
$30 Lower west deck sold out
$30 Upper east deck singles
$30 Upper west deck singles

Yeah... I'd say it's time to just declare it sold out and add a 2nd show. It would have 7 months to sell out, or "sell out" by livenation standards anyway. Maybe SOA will provide a popularity boost which will give ticket sales a 2nd wind.

I don't know why I care so much about this, as I'm not likely to ever go to Edmonton in my life. I think it would just piss me off to have so many gaps between dates. Cause if they moved the dates closer they could fit an Ohio show in.

It would be nice if they added a second show I guess there is a slight chance of it happening. I know a lot of people that would go to a second show of course but is there demand to sell another 60 thousand + hard to say.

It would be nice if they added a second show I guess there is a slight chance of it happening. I know a lot of people that would go to a second show of course but is there demand to sell another 60 thousand + hard to say.

It appears do to the scheduling with the claws that they would not be able to fit in a show in Winnepeg which makes a second show in Edmonton more likely. Remember they sold 90,000 tickets for two shows on POPMART. It appears 120,000 tickets for two shows on 360 is certainly possible given how much more popular the band is right now. They may have to supply more $30 dollar tickets for the second show though.

Glastonbury 2010 makes it less likely that Edmonton gets a second show.
The only option is adding a show a day before the almost sold out show of June 23.

Glastonbury seems to be putting a kibbosh on the Minneapolis and Edm #2 rumours.

The only time they had such enormo flights between shows was the Live 8 show and twice on Popmart for MTV NYC and MTV Rotterdam award shows..

Glastonbury seems to be putting a kibbosh on the Minneapolis and Edm #2 rumours.

The only time they had such enormo flights between shows was the Live 8 show and twice on Popmart for MTV NYC and MTV Rotterdam award shows..

There's no way there's an Edmonton 2 now, not with their schedule for that week... Going to be interesting to compare how they are in Edmonton with the Minneapolis show (I'm doing both).

There's no way there's an Edmonton 2 now, not with their schedule for that week... Going to be interesting to compare how they are in Edmonton with the Minneapolis show (I'm doing both).

I was considering doing Edmonton if there were 2 shows, but Glasto kills that. Oh well, I'll get there sometime.

I'm in for 2 in Montreal though, so :up: for me in Canada for some U2.

I was considering doing Edmonton if there were 2 shows, but Glasto kills that. Oh well, I'll get there sometime.

I'm in for 2 in Montreal though, so :up: for me in Canada for some U2.

It's going to be one hell of an Interference party in Montreal, by the looks of things *g* I'm in for both too :)

U2 can rent a concorde, i mean there's 19 available somewhere right?

You know, that's just crazy enough for me to be able to see them doing it.

It would be kind of awesome if there was a fan tour with them--Edmonton, Glastonbury, and Minneapolis on their jet--Either a fan contest or a VIP package.

U2-3 Countries, 3 Concerts, 5 Days, 1 Concorde

perfect. get on the horn with Live Nation and make it happen.

have an entry fee and use part of the funds to buy carbon offsets. call it the U2 360 doubleback tour.

Since it is in Alberta, I wonder what the chances of Nickleback opening would be :hmm:

*runs away*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom