June 23, 2010 - Edmonton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
who keeps saying this might be their last tour?!!!!!! :ohmy:

My understanding is that the 12 year U2/Live Nation deal (Reuters.com) from 2008 would cover three tours (and 360 is the first), but I couldn't find that specifically mentioned in the Reuters article or on Spin.com. They are only 18 months into a 12 year deal so I can't imagine this being the last tour.

raid, i'm wonderng about that too. I'm in C2, row 80 but i have no idea how high up 80 is.

According to the seating chart on Ticketmaster the upper balconies go to row 84, see below:

Raid, it's the same thing on the other side of Commonwealth and row 78 is still close to the top:

The Claw is pretty big and C2 / Y2 are in the middle of the stage so I don't feel it would be obstructed by parts of itself. I think higher up the Claw comes to a peak (see this from the Toronto September show Flickr link) while your seats in C2 / Y2 won't be as high as those photos you can see that most of the stage and the video screen are clearly visible.

Edit: I would love to be corrected on the seating chart issue. Prior to the U2.com pre-sale I searched all over for a seating chart that contained seat numbers on the esks.com, Edmonton and other ticketing sites but couldn't find anything as detailed as the Northern Jubilee or Winspear seating charts.

Its a long way up.....I went to AC/DC and I needed binoculars to see them :)

I think I was up as high as you can go though so high that I got dizzy from siting there lol

thanks so much for the helpful info. so i guess i'm basically at the very top! I didn't notice the numbers on tm. Sucks to be so high up but its better than not being there at all. those pics are incredible btw.

Yes you will still enjoy the show :) The sound system for this tour is as good as I have heard for a stadium.

well i'm sure the sound will be better than it was in bc place. I'm wondering about the sun though. Have you seen a concert in the summer at commonwealth. I did but many years ago. I don't want the light to ruin the stage lights!!!

I saw U2 at Commonwealth when they were here the first time but that was about 3 weeks later. It was light for about a quarter of the show back then....it will probably be light till the encore this time which will definately affect the lighting but the lights will still work but not be as effective.

him, thats too bad. i guess thats the drawback of outdoor shows. i've never been to one though so it will a remarkable experience nonetheless. :) hey where is that popmart footage from of hmtmkmkm? is that from their own cameras?

U2 proshot the second Edmonton show so they could see themselves playing. It is also on the Popmart DVD...on the bonus disc

There is a 3 camera mix of that show floating around...its quite good for memorys....thats why im very suprised the show hasnt sold better although 12 years is a long time ago so a lot of people have probably forgot how mindblowing U2 is.....but I think the crowd gave the band just as much back as they gave us....Ive been to a lot of U2 shows and that second show in Edmonton was certainly one of the loudest and most into it crowd there was.

i remember hearing about how big the edmonton shows were and now that you mention it i now remember the footage on the popmart dvd. I'm in saskatchewan but i was only 12 and a friend took me to vancouver since there was family there. I can't believe Vancouver wasn't even half full, while Edmonton sold out 2 (?) shows!!!

Yes Edmonton sold out 2 shows in basically 1 day....about 110 thousand tickets and there was a demand at the time for a lot more, one of the better attended Popmart shows certainly in North America :)

I have always held Bono to the words "You are too much, we will be back here real soon!" and I am glad they finally came back and kept their word :)

My Horizon code got us Row 4 in X. My sister's Magnificent code got her Row 4 in Y. Then, I got RZ2 and she got RZ1 in the auction today. Gonna be great - although I'm a little disappointed that we won't see a second show here... Might have to try and see the finale wherever it is to go along with the opener in Barca!!

Hopefully, Songs of Ascent is out by then, and we get a whole new setlist!

This is what I found earlier today. This had to of sold more than 42,000 so far.

June 23, 2010 Edmonton Commonwealth Stadium 60,217
$250 Lower east deck singles
$250 Lower west deck singles
$95 Lower east deck singles
$95 Lower north deck singles
$95 Lower west deck singles
$95 Upper east deck singles
$95 Upper west deck singles
$55 GA sold out
$55 Lower east deck sold out
$55 Lower west deck sold out
$55 Upper east deck singles
$55 Upper west deck singles
$30 Lower east deck sold out
$30 Lower north deck sold out
$30 Lower west deck sold out
$30 Upper east deck multiples
$30 Upper west deck multiples

This is what I found earlier today. This had to of sold more than 42,000 so far.

June 23, 2010 Edmonton Commonwealth Stadium 60,217
$250 Lower east deck singles
$250 Lower west deck singles
$95 Lower east deck singles
$95 Lower north deck singles
$95 Lower west deck singles
$95 Upper east deck singles
$95 Upper west deck singles
$55 GA sold out
$55 Lower east deck sold out
$55 Lower west deck sold out
$55 Upper east deck singles
$55 Upper west deck singles
$30 Lower east deck sold out
$30 Lower north deck sold out
$30 Lower west deck sold out
$30 Upper east deck multiples
$30 Upper west deck multiples

I don't disagree as well.. I did an unscientific version of the basics of what you did as well.. although Heather is a very reliable source.. maybe 42000 over a certain period of time.. clearly they are at 55+ now...prob over 60 with what they are showing..

I told my brother, a resident of Edmonton and a fan, to buy tix and he only managed nosebleeds so I guess they're close to selling out.
I really wish he had told me first or I would have cautioned against buying nosebleeds and suggested waiting for a GA ticket drop the day of instead :shrug:

I saw U2 at Commonwealth when they were here the first time but that was about 3 weeks later. It was light for about a quarter of the show back then....it will probably be light till the encore this time which will definately affect the lighting but the lights will still work but not be as effective.

The only time U2 played Edmonton in the past was June 14 and 15th 1997 (Saturday and Sunday nights).

That was actually a week earlier then the 360 show by my calculations :sexywink:

They did start the shows a little later we got out of there both nights well after midnight.

I don't disagree as well.. I did an unscientific version of the basics of what you did as well.. although Heather is a very reliable source.. maybe 42000 over a certain period of time.. clearly they are at 55+ now...prob over 60 with what they are showing..

Thanks Poppedtart...
I too would love to know the exact threshold from the peeps at Live nation, cause I agree...42K? Was that the first day? Are they holding back a huge chunk of tickets for something? Where is that other 10K? By now they must have more than 55K sold -you have to be right about that too- I totally agree with you....Makes me curious...I'll see if I can get any more info.

I saw them in '97 and the crowd was nuts, so loud! I remember being blown away by that......I also saw them in cowtown in 2001 and the crowd was also very loud and rockin'! Albertans (and all the fans who come from the Sask and Man) LOVE U2! I know this will be off the hook! Oh and I also recall that after the 2nd show in '97 we had to walk home (just to Whyte Ave, but it took 2 hours) because the traffic and bus service was so poorly organized, I hope that more people will use the LRT now that is goes to U of A, but brace yourselves for that. IN Vegas we just planned for it and I had the best time tailgaiting with the fans after the show while we waited for the huge traffic jam to ease up. We could plan that for here...I took the day before and the day after off work. LOL!

Sun is supposed to come up 5:04 and set at 10:07 ....poor Willie Williams will have his work cut out for him. LOL!
hj

links: Sunrise and Sunset for Canada – Alberta – Edmonton – June 2010

Thanks Poppedtart...
I too would love to know the exact threshold from the peeps at Live nation, cause I agree...42K? Was that the first day? Are they holding back a huge chunk of tickets for something? Where is that other 10K? By now they must have more than 55K sold -you have to be right about that too- I totally agree with you....Makes me curious...I'll see if I can get any more info.

I saw them in '97 and the crowd was nuts, so loud! I remember being blown away by that......I also saw them in cowtown in 2001 and the crowd was also very loud and rockin'! Albertans (and all the fans who come from the Sask and Man) LOVE U2! I know this will be off the hook! Oh and I also recall that after the 2nd show in '97 we had to walk home (just to Whyte Ave, but it took 2 hours) because the traffic and bus service was so poorly organized, I hope that more people will use the LRT now that is goes to U of A, but brace yourselves for that. IN Vegas we just planned for it and I had the best time tailgaiting with the fans after the show while we waited for the huge traffic jam to ease up. We could plan that for here...I took the day before and the day after off work. LOL!

Sun is supposed to come up 5:04 and set at 10:07 ....poor Willie Williams will have his work cut out for him. LOL!
hj

links: Sunrise and Sunset for Canada – Alberta – Edmonton – June 2010

Heather, you and I helped spearhead the campaign to bring 3D here last year... how's you say we Demand the second show and cause alot of Sh** if they don't...

You are right It was June 14th and 15th i just looked at my ticket stubs. So it actually shouldnt be that bad :)

Ill be interestingly watching how brisk Bon Jovi ticket sales are tomorrow. I dont anticipate they will be selling out the stadium :)

Ill be interestingly watching how brisk Bon Jovi ticket sales are tomorrow. I dont anticipate they will be selling out the stadium :)

Agreed.. But he and Edmonton have always had a good relationship... I think he'll get 40k... Although everywhere else he's playing arenas..

Well, they managed to pull in 35,000 in Moncton...i don't think they should have too much trouble selling out Edmonton.

ok.. with respect... I think there are alot of people who would get 35k in Moncton who are even B listers... That's just a party waiting to happen over there

Fan gathereing ideas and suggestions?

Hi Everybody!!

What kind of a gathering should we have? We are gathering aren't we? I had soooo much fun at the one we organized in Vegas...

Should we plan a Pre party the night before? Post party after the concert?

I was thinking that maybe we could get a local pub on board...perhaps get a "U2" night set up for us.

So what do you think about doing the night of the 22nd? We could have dinner maybe so that it is a early night for all us GAers that need to be up early.

Or having the gathering after the concert? I took the next day off so that would work for me, but how about you?
I wish I had a house right near the stadium then we could all just walk there and chill after the show and talk about it!

We did Lanyards for the Vegas meet up which was the best and I could do that for us here if you like, I actually have a connection through work so they would only cost like $4-5.

Just throwing it out there to see what you guys might be up for! Suggestions? ideas? Pina Colada's?
mmmmm...Pina Colada's....Droooool.

hj

I'm thinking the day before could be difficult/impossible for people like me who are travelling in on the day of the show. I've never done a big pre/post show meetup though. Sounds fun!!!

2 GA's for $310 ?? Where did you buy these tickets? You paid more than double..

They were $112 on their own plus shipping price and service charges.

Why are you paying what I'd consider scalper prices for GAs now when the tickets just went on public sale yesterday? There's usually ticket drops, plus on here and elsewhere there are usually people selling tickets due to plan changes, etc :)

Like i said i only paid 112$ but it was in USD... whatever i don't care i'm just happy to have GA and if it's a price i was willing to pay to get them rather then never then I'm happy i did it.

That's actually not a horrible price.. I saw them go for as much as $175-$180 each on Ebay... But for someone with 20,000 posts and an integral part of the community, I'm thinking people here on interference would have helped you out with some spares...

People here fucking hate me now it seems.... :shrug:

I'd love a gathering.... it would be fun to finally say yes I've met other U2 fans in alberta:happy:
Pina Colada's sound wonderful!!! And Tequila shots:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom