June 23, 2010 - Edmonton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
got my ticket! does anyone have any recos on hotels near the stadium?

The best move for anyone not from the area is to stay downtown... It is the most convienent part of the city and you can get to the stadium via the Light Rail transit (LRT)... The train is only one line travelling over 11km (7 Miles) but it hits some key notes, particularly the Stadium Stations...

Downtown will also be of great interest for people who like to walk, as we have one beautiful river valley just steps away from you as well...

Hotwire can definately help you and I can do some more research into the area for deals...

Second choice is to stay near West Edmonton mall to vist that, but very little walking available

Ah, finally a few moments to catch up in here!
Vancouver GA was awesome, Vegas GA was awesome (however there was a slight temp difference between the two, 30c in Vegas, 5c in Van. no wonder I've got a cold now!)

I got my Edm GA in the Horizon presale, the morning I was headed over to Vancouver. Perfect timing for me. :D

SO excited for this show!!! If there is a 2nd show I will do GA again! I'm kind of crazy that way, lol. That should give me just under a month to recover so I will be ready for New York :applaud:

Hi Tim...Yep I got a couple of GA's and still have a code left just incase there is a second show added! I've got to assume that you've got yours locked in already hey?

Vancouver show was AMAZING, I was shocked how good the sound was in BC Place...We were in 217 Edges side, perfect site lines and sound. A buddy of mine was behind the stage lower section and he complained that there was a lot of feedback. Three other friends were on the floor tight to the sound stage (hanging out with Liam Neeson lol) and they all said the sound was perfect!

Drive was a little scary coming home yesterday, lots of freezing rain through the coquihalla, and then rogers pass was a blizzard. To top it off the last 195 kms we had 42 deer sitings lol . It was worth every minute of it.

Just a heads up for members going to future shows in Vancouver...Avoid the Greenbrier Hotel! What a F'ning dump, the smell was so bad in our "executive suite" that I didn't sleep at all the two nights we stayed there.

8 months to go :hyper:...

-Mike

Sounds great Mike, yes Vancouver was an awesome show. I amazed at how good Bono's voice sounded. The sound in BC Place was horrible for the Black eyed Peas. I was genuinely worried that it would bad for U2. Luckily, they must have changed the audio settings because the sound was good. I've heard horror stories about bc place so I'm glad it went well.

YEs, you are correct... I got my Edmonton tickets. 5 GA tix. There's a group of us going. I used up all of my codes.

At 10:13A I was able to pull up two for GA. The Ticketmaster.ca site took a few minutes to populate results but the Ticketmaster.com query took over 15 minutes. Show isn't sold out, but it's only a matter of time.

Can you sell out already so we can talk about a second show... Geez!

No kidding, I have been refreshing this page and this page to see a June 24, 2010 (or similar) date appear. Not sure what standard practice is for announcing a second show, if it would go on sale immediately or if there would be another presale/public on sale routine again.

I looked at U2tours.com to see what they did for the two Toronto dates in September as that could be helpful in seeing what has been done recently, but the public on sale date was no longer visible there.

Not sure what standard practice is for announcing a second show, if it would go on sale immediately or if there would be another presale/public on sale routine again.

There was a second presale for the added Toronto date before the onsale for the general public. I used half of my code each time. I just checked my gmail folder (it's really handy to not trash all your old emails after all!) and it looks like those presales were four days apart.

I bought tickets on March 24 and 28 in the presales (for September 16 and 17, respectively) and on March 30 in the general sale (for the 2nd show).

from what I see there seems to be at least 10-20% left.. The opposite benches and alot of the Upperdeck...

Nothing lower deck or GA however...

The thought of a second show was nice while it lasted...

I hope everybody got the tickets they wanted...it will be a great show but it will be light out for most of it but that wont ruin the atmosphere!

250 dollars a ticket for lower deck is a bit pricey thats why their wont be a second show. Comparitively 13 years ago you could get in the lower deck for 50 dollars, big difference but im glad they stuck to the promise of "we will be back real soon" only took 13 years but I have been waiting!

250 dollars a ticket for lower deck is a bit pricey thats why their wont be a second show.

Not to be one of THOSE guys...

But those are the ones that are sold out... There was no lower deck within minutes...

Right now there is nothing but Upper and lower edges... for $50 and less...

When you think about it... We are drawing from all of Alberta, parts of BC, Sask, Manitoba... Upper East WA, ID, MT, ND, and MN...

There are defintely reasons why we could get a second show... And Price is the least of the reasons...

Comparitively 13 years ago you could get in the lower deck for 50 dollars

Again.. I'm THAT guy...

I saw Bon Jovi Slippery When wet for $42.50 in 1991 when I made $5.25 and hour... Best seats in the house... Gun & Roses were $48.50... Def Leppard in 1986 was like $30... a bargain really...

I'm sure someone saw the beatles for like a buck... Bet that ticket stub alone is worth thousands now...

Not to be one of THOSE guys...

But those are the ones that are sold out... There was no lower deck within minutes...

Right now there is nothing but Upper and lower edges... for $50 and less...

When you think about it... We are drawing from all of Alberta, parts of BC, Sask, Manitoba... Upper East WA, ID, MT, ND, and MN...

There are defintely reasons why we could get a second show... And Price is the least of the reasons...
Absolutey not true. I just got home form work at 4:00pm Edmonton time and I've been checking ticketmaster to see what's left and I can easily pull up $250 seats as well as $95 seats. I didn't bother checking the $30 tickets. GA seems to be gone though

Absolutey not true. I just got home form work at 4:00pm Edmonton time and I've been checking ticketmaster to see what's left and I can easily pull up $250 seats as well as $95 seats. I didn't bother checking the $30 tickets. GA seems to be gone though

Ok.. well Your ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE, must be ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE... or you must have special powers, (living up to the hallucination?)... I click Best at 4:30 MST and I pull up O2 - Row 76 for $55...

and since I've been trying since about 10:30am, I will say that I WAS able to get $90 tix on the North Benches... and they are not there any longer... and as expected they are getting worse

Are you looking at 1 or 2 tix... 1 ticket I can find in Sec D row 5... so yes... You are Technically Correct...

Again.. I'm THAT guy...

I saw Bon Jovi Slippery When wet for $42.50 in 1991 when I made $5.25 and hour... Best seats in the house... Gun & Roses were $48.50... Def Leppard in 1986 was like $30... a bargain really...

I'm sure someone saw the beatles for like a buck... Bet that ticket stub alone is worth thousands now...

My ticket stub for Gn'R at Rexall(Northlands) in 1993 says $33.50 for Row 4 on the floor. Not sure where you sat but you got ripped off. Gn'R didn't come to Edmonton as a headliner in 1991. But I get what your'e saying about prices being relative compared to 20+ years ago

Ok.. well Your ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE, must be ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE... or you must have special powers, (living up to the hallucination?)... I click Best at 4:30 MST and I pull up O2 - Row 76 for $55...

and since I've been trying since about 10:30am, I will say that I WAS able to get $90 tix on the North Benches... and they are not there any longer... and as expected they are getting worse

Are you looking at 1 or 2 tix... 1 ticket I can find in Sec D row 5... so yes... You are Technically Correct...

Hahaha well shit dude don't freak out and try to start a fight. I'm simply saying don't be saying it's sold out when it's not. Someone might read that and head staright to ebay or something ya know. That would suck. Don't click "best available". Simlpy choose a section. Clicking "best available" isn't the best way to do it.

Personally I see a bit of a scam here from teh promoters... Pulling up o2 row 79's I see they are $55... That, to the best of my knowledge of other shows are considered $30 tickets... so in case you are looking, check the $30 price because then I pull up EE row 78... Not much difference in seat for nEARLY double the price...

Hahaha well shit dude don't freak out and try to start a fight. I'm simply saying don't be saying it's sold out when it's not. Someone might read that and head staright to ebay or something ya know. That would suck. Don't click "best available". Simlpy choose a section. Clicking "best available" isn't the best way to do it.

Firstly, I said the lower bowl is sold out... Not the concert...and when you put ABSOLUTELY NOT in all caps it tends to escalate the tone of whats being said... I'm telling you that I've been here all day and couldn't pull them up... if you could.. great... but the other dude said that's why the show isn't sold out... As far as your technique of not choosing best available.. I know that one as well... I put lower bowl, get nothing.. I put $250.. nothing.. $95... Nothing...

But I can get a single anywhere...and good ones at that

Also no ones saying that they aren't withholding these seats for later ticketdrops... but for the moment... You can't buy 2 tickets in the lower bowl at $250/$95... Thus the lower bowl for general purposes is "sold out"...

In fact, when you put it like that, I agree with what you said, and this could be adding to the hype machine...

Don't anyone think to go to Ebay.. Ticketdrops are very common for days on end in the coming months... You can get lots of good tix still

Firstly, I said the lower bowl is sold out... Not the concert...and when you put ABSOLUTELY NOT in all caps it tends to escalate the tone of whats being said... I'm telling you that I've been here all day and couldn't pull them up... if you could.. great... but the other dude said that's why the show isn't sold out... As far as your technique of not choosing best available.. I know that one as well... I put lower bowl, get nothing.. I put $250.. nothing.. $95... Nothing...

But I can get a single anywhere...and good ones at that

Wow dude learn to read. I didn't put anything in all caps. For the record I just pulled up two tickets in section D, row 20 seats 16 and 17. I must be magic. Sorry for causing shit.

Just tried it 2 more times and got the same tickets. I'd suggest if anyone wants two tickets in the $250 range to give it a shot. I'm just saying what I'm seeing, honestly not trying to start an arguement. Hope everyone gets their tickets :wave:

I was able to pull multiples in section CC which is lower deck but behind the stage (and probably obstructed view because of the claw leg) at about 4:15, so it's not completely sold out on the lower deck, but I think it's getting close because I kept pulling the same section.

I dont dispute that however the reality is that 12 years ago when they came here the first time the first show was completely sold out within 5 hours and they added the second show that same day and that show was at least 80 percent sold after that day.....I wish we would have a second show because I would love to go however at this time I dont see it happening.

I dont dispute that however the reality is that 12 years ago when they came here the first time the first show was completely sold out within 5 hours and they added the second show that same day and that show was at least 80 percent sold after that day.....I wish we would have a second show because I would love to go however at this time I dont see it happening.

I'm stunned that it hasn't sold out yet. It was crazy back in 1997 getting tickets...And there was a show earlier that week in Winnipeg and then later in Vancouver! This is it for Western Canada this time!!

I'm stunned that it hasn't sold out yet. It was crazy back in 1997 getting tickets...And there was a show earlier that week in Winnipeg and then later in Vancouver! This is it for Western Canada this time!!

I think there is an outside chance at a Winnipeg show, especially if there is only 1 Edmonton and no Minneapolis.

Yes and that Winnepeg show also sold out the same day. The demand for tickets back then was so big that it was tough to get tickets period for both of the shows. I originally had as far in the upper deck as you can go in 97 for both shows but got lucky when they put some more tickets out.

The lineup at the university today was quite large but I think the reality is that most people cant justisfy spending 250 dollars on a concert U2 or not.

AC/DC sold out Commonwealth earlier this year in 10 minutes at 100 dollars a ticket.

I am really looking forward to it myself but the chances of getting a second show are slim and none at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom