June 22nd, 2011 M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been at the back of GA for 360 show, but I have for other shows, and have always had a blast. All of my shows next year are GA, and I don't intend to line up for all of them. I had nosebleeds at Foxboro 1 and absolutely loathed it. The people around me sucked and had less than zero energy. I remember looking down at the people in GA and wishing I was down there, even it meant being at the back.

Yeah, people in the nosebleeds are boring, I only have fun people once, and they were a family with like a 10 year old kid and he was really excited and him and his mom were dancing and I enjoyed that, down in Raleigh last year.

Yes, this exactly. I've been avoiding shows where there isn't a GA too, unless I really really want to see the band. It's just not the same without being in GA, regardless of where you are on the floor.

Also, U2 GAs are really nice and un-squished, you can see most of the time even if you're behind tall people, and can always breathe. Crowd surfing would be kind of impossible, though, hee...

I generally do not have an issue with tall people (except for abnormally tall people) as I am pretty tall myself, and breathing isn't an issue.

I think I will try for GAs because it is my dream, if it goes really bad for me (physically) then I'll stick to seats. This is all if I actually score some Monday morning, lol.

Thanks for the input :)

Can anyone from Baltimore recommend a location of the City to stay?

Can anyone from Baltimore recommend a location of the City to stay?

Inner Harbour. Airport if you're flying in or taking Amtrak.

Best & closest hotels (Inner Harbour) Hilton, Holiday Inn (not Holiday Inn Express) , Days Inn , Marriot (and Marriot Waterfront) Sheraton, Inter Continental, Hyatt, Renaissance, Hampton Inn

Ok location - Spring Hill Suites, Residence Inn, Hotel Monaco, Quality Inn, Hampton Suites

Inner Harbour. Airport if you're flying in or taking Amtrak.

Best & closest hotels (Inner Harbour) Hilton, Holiday Inn (not Holiday Inn Express) , Days Inn , Marriot (and Marriot Waterfront) Sheraton, Inter Continental, Hyatt, Renaissance, Hampton Inn

Ok location - Spring Hill Suites, Residence Inn, Hotel Monaco, Quality Inn, Hampton Suites

Thank you very much, that should help!!! Cannot wait!

I got GAs in the general sale, but didn't expect the $35 parking option. I may buy parking later, or look for nearby lots for less.

Me too! :) But yeah, as if I know which of three parking lots to choose...! I didn't buy any of 'em.

It was liberating to not have to try to buy tickets for someone else...she'll come asking if anyone has extras sometime next year. ;p

Just looked on Ticketmaster, it says the GAs have rows/seats?! Are they really doing that for this show?? I was planning on getting there early but I don't want to get there hours before the show and only end up with a row 45 spot! :angry:

Just picked up a GA in this morning's general sale, took a few minutes waiting, but glad that's over with. Good thing I refreshed at 9:58 instead of 10 because it was on sale then!

Just looked on Ticketmaster, it says the GAs have rows/seats?! Are they really doing that for this show?? I was planning on getting there early but I don't want to get there hours before the show and only end up with a row 45 spot! :angry:

GA seats/rows have been discussed at length in prior sales - it is for inventory/ticketing purposes.

10:27 am still able to pick up GAs?? I thought it would sell quickly. Is this not a big show or just added too late and everyone else had tix to other shows?

Brian

<------ Proud owner of two Baltimore GAs. :rockon:

BTW, AchtungCJ - nice to see NC's going to be represented on June 22nd. (My husband & I are from Wilmington.) :D :wave:

10:27 am still able to pick up GAs?? I thought it would sell quickly. Is this not a big show or just added too late and everyone else had tix to other shows?

Brian

I was thinking the same thing. Also just pulled a very nice side stage $97 (112) ticket that almost made me wish I had opted for that instead, except I am feeling frugal right now. :wink:

<------ Proud owner of two Baltimore GAs. :rockon:

BTW, AchtungCJ - nice to see NC's going to be represented on June 22nd. (My husband & I are from Wilmington.) :D :wave:

What a coincidence, I'm attending the university there! (totally not buying tickets in class :whistle:)

I am also now a proud owner of 2 Baltimore GAs! Going to go with my cousin; it'll be his first show. Can't wait!! :hyper:

Congrats to everyone who got tickets! :applaud:

Since I'm currently jobless, general sale wasn't an option for me today. :sad: Can't justify a $70 purchase that isn't a neccesity with no income coming in. But I'm sure I'll get a ticket. :)

Yeah, GAs must of been a plenty.. The guy I work with bought 6 of them this morning without any problems.. He has never seen them live and is so excited about it, that it made me giggle.. Noobie fans are cute..

What a coincidence, I'm attending the university there! (totally not buying tickets in class :whistle:)

I am also now a proud owner of 2 Baltimore GAs! Going to go with my cousin; it'll be his first show. Can't wait!! :hyper:
UNCW? Very cool. :)shifty: And I totally didn't buy tickets while at work. :whistle:) Congrats on picking up your GAs. Raleigh last October was your first show, right? (We talked a bit after you posted your experience in the Raleigh 360 thread last year.)

The guy I work with bought 6 of them this morning without any problems.. He has never seen them live and is so excited about it, that it made me giggle.. Noobie fans are cute..
:grouphug: Noobs. :grouphug: :wink:

UNCW? Very cool. :)shifty: And I totally didn't buy tickets while at work. :whistle:) Congrats on picking up your GAs. Raleigh last October was your first show, right? (We talked a bit after you posted your experience in the Raleigh 360 thread last year.)

Yeah, I remember talking to you! Raleigh was actually my 2nd show, after Charlottesville. And now Baltimore will be my third! My dad and cousin and I are going to make a multi-day trip out of it, I think. It'll be great :D

I got GAs in the general sale, but didn't expect the $35 parking option. I may buy parking later, or look for nearby lots for less.

Lot B/C is the best,by far.

I tried to buy a pass 30 seconds in to the onsale, and got no inventory available

There will be other lots around for $20-$50

Why is Nashville a hard GA ticket and Baltimore kinda weak? Baltimore on the Elevation tour was a tough GA ticket in that small high school arena with no seats in back of the end stage. Promise that we will not get Graham Parker and the Figgs. However I think Garbage should reunite and make up not opening up for U2 in Baltimore 9 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom