June 20, 2010 - Seattle Qwest Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked a hotel the day this was announced, and they called me last night to ask what was going on since they had received so many bookings for these dates and were very confused as to why people were booking hotels 8 months in advance. :wink:

Oh yeah, we're going. it'll be full circle since Jason's night on stage with Bono there in 2005.

staying with Microsoft friends. :up:

Hey, I remember that. I was there. Bono handed Jason the mic and said something like "Here you go... it's all yours".

We will be there in June! What's a good place to stay near the field?

I made a reservation at the Silver Cloud Stadium hotel. It's right next to Qwest Field - perfect for GA.

:sigh: I don't know what to do. I really want to do this but I don't know if I can get a decently priced flight or place to stay and whatnot. Maybe I"ll just see if i can get tickets and then go from there. I can always sell/trade the tickets later, right?

:sigh: I don't know what to do. I really want to do this but I don't know if I can get a decently priced flight or place to stay and whatnot. Maybe I"ll just see if i can get tickets and then go from there. I can always sell/trade the tickets later, right?

Oh yeah, there's always someone out there looking for tickets.

ME! Finally they're coming to Seattle. I went to Vancouver last night, but we had seats because we didn't want to be waiting outside in the NW in almost November. The people on the floor were definitely having more fun last night, though. Totally going GA for Seattle. The weather will probably still suck in June, but eh. We'll just have to find somewhere near the stadium to park where we can leave the car all day.

Okay, I'm officially in! :lol: It helps that I'm just a 2 hr drive away, and can stay with my family in the city. I was debating not coming, but what the hell! It will be fun to visit for the weekend.

I will be doing GA for sure. My first time!! :lol:

Yay! I was going to start this thread if no one else had by the time I got back from Vancouver. :wink:

There aren't a lot of hotels really close to the stadium (Silver Cloud and one or two smaller ones in Pioneer Square), but the stadium is in a pretty good location - lots of food and drink (and coffee, naturally) right nearby, it's right by the train station and the bus tunnel.

June can be frustratingly cool (summer sometimes doesn't really start until after the 4th of July holiday, it seems), but this last June was great. Weather should be nice. Dress in layers, and bring sunglasses even if the forecast says clouds. Trust me on this one. :wink:

Yeah, last summer was one of the sucky ones. This past June was awesome .... although those few heat waves we had weren't so awesome.

I booked a hotel the day this was announced, and they called me last night to ask what was going on since they had received so many bookings for these dates and were very confused as to why people were booking hotels 8 months in advance. :wink:

Thats funny! I wonder how many other cities this has happened in. :wink:

Yay! I was going to start this thread if no one else had by the time I got back from Vancouver. :wink:

There aren't a lot of hotels really close to the stadium (Silver Cloud and one or two smaller ones in Pioneer Square), but the stadium is in a pretty good location - lots of food and drink (and coffee, naturally) right nearby, it's right by the train station and the bus tunnel.

June can be frustratingly cool (summer sometimes doesn't really start until after the 4th of July holiday, it seems), but this last June was great. Weather should be nice. Dress in layers, and bring sunglasses even if the forecast says clouds. Trust me on this one. :wink:

Great info! Thank you my dear! How was last night?

Either that was sarcastic or you're not from Seattle. I think it was last year we had "June-uary"... We were wearing sweaters until July 4 almost.

Gotcha! I am not from Seattle and I've only been up as far up as Oregon. I understand now. :wink:

Thanks for the great weather info!

Oh hell yes, I am so in! :rockon:

Thanks for the hotel recommendations; I'm only a couple hours out of the city, but after experiencing the exhaustion of GA, I'm not sure driving home after would be such a good idea. :lol:

Edit: hmm..Silver Cloud is pretty expensive (maybe I'm spoiled; we booked a really nice hotel in Vancouver for only a little over $100), and it says you can't book for less than 2 nights. :angry:

Any other decent ones close by?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom