June 20, 2010 - Seattle Qwest Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there's going to be a few of us camped out by the soundboard :D

I don't know if I can resist being sucked into the vortex of being inside the circle!! :combust:

We said we would do the soundboard for the Rose Bowl but there we were right in the pit again...

All I know about Qwest Field is that it gets LOUD. We'll have to see if the U2 fans can give the Seahawks fans a run for their money in the cheering department. :)

I am *just* confirmed...Got a GA! Just decided I have to be there. And I will bring the loud!! OMG!!! I am excited to come to Seattle and see you all--I have met some of you in Vegas!!
:hyper:

I can't believe I have just bought tickets....I am a bad girl...It's just money right?
hj:heart:

Part of me wants to do the pit or line up for one show, but I just hate being stuck in the middle of a tight crowd when I'm so short, where you know all you'll be seeing are arms and camera phones held aloft.

I'm definitely lining up early. Haven't decided what spot to aim for though. It's either back of the pit by the rail, the outer-rail like in Vancouver, or possibly soundboard.

I just hope Seattle-ites know how to party. The crowd in Vancouver was a bit meh, and I don't want to look crazy again. :lol:

I'm definitely lining up early. Haven't decided what spot to aim for though. It's either back of the pit by the rail, the outer-rail like in Vancouver, or possibly soundboard.

I just hope Seattle-ites know how to party. The crowd in Vancouver was a bit meh, and I don't want to look crazy again. :lol:

I've got all the crazy right here and will be bringing it to both my shows next year. My parents will officially understand in Seattle, hopefully.

sorry if this has been asked before:

is there any chance of a second Seattle show?

I know Oakland is very likely to get another show, but anyone know anything about Seattle?
(I'm expecting that this show is it)

Yah, I thought so too. Let's ROCK, Seattle.

I got my GA's this morning!! :hyper::hyper: But we haven't decided whether to stand in line for all day, half the day, or none of the day. After Vancouver I think that anywhere on the floor will be having more fun than the seats, so I'm not sure I care that much where I am...but the inside loop is really tempting. I was second back from the outer "ellipse" rail in Boston last tour, and that was the best night ever.

And people who are worried about the Seattle traffic--really, it's not THAT bad. I drive in it from north of the city to almost downtown during rush hour everyday, and it's so much better than anywhere on the east coast that I'm not sure it even counts as traffic. There probably will be some going north after the show's over, because I-5N through downtown sucks, but at least it'll be like midnight on a Sunday. It won't be terrible.

sorry if this has been asked before:

is there any chance of a second Seattle show?

I know Oakland is very likely to get another show, but anyone know anything about Seattle?
(I'm expecting that this show is it)

It would be a safe bet to assume this is the only Seattle show. There's only 3 days between Edmonton and Seattle, so a June 21st date is out of the question. There are 4 days between Oakland and Seattle, so it's a possibility for either Oakland or Seattle to get a second show, but not likely both. My money would be on Oakland.

I'm getting nervous!! Will I have any problems getting GA tickets tomorrow morning for the Boots presale at 7am?? I sat in the seats for the Vancouver and I have to be on the floor at Qwest!!!! I assume that they only sell a certain number of GA's for each presale, right?

I'm getting nervous!! Will I have any problems getting GA tickets tomorrow morning for the Boots presale at 7am?? I sat in the seats for the Vancouver and I have to be on the floor at Qwest!!!! I assume that they only sell a certain number of GA's for each presale, right?

Hopefully not! :) I'm doing the same as you. Just be sure you're ready in 5 minutes! I've got everything set up and ready to go. :crack: Pre-sales stress me out!

while i'm waiting for friends verified by visa info..............

i looked at the Mariner's schedule for June 20 and there is a game that day at 1:10 PM....

Traffic will be bad getting there!!

dammit, forgot about verified by visa thing.. gotta wait for friend to get back to me about his info on that...

:doh::crack:

I'm sure it will be fine, Jesse!

GA purchased. I think this is the show I'm most excited about. :hyper:

I'm excited, too! :hyper: This is the only show I'm doing so far on this leg because of finances but maybe things will change between now and next June... :pray:

:lol: Don't worry, Seattle-ites know how to bring the noise! At least with sporting events. The Seahawk crowds at Qwest and the Sounders Soccer fans are the LOUDEST in each league. Legendary. I just hope people don't get the "I'm too cool to yell and jump" tude. This is the birthplace of MOSH pits though, so who knows? I will be right there with you all hopefully up front screaming my head off and dancing for all it's worth. Watch out!
My brother laughed his head off at me in Hawaii, he couldn't get over how oblivious I was to those around me. I really was in my own little world! haha!!
:lol::lol:

dammit, forgot about verified by visa thing.. gotta wait for friend to get back to me about his info on that...

:doh::crack:

You know, I've never signed up for a Verify password (at least not that I know of), so when that screen came up during the TM check out, I just clicked "Verify". It looked like it went out to the Visa website briefly, maybe figured out that I don't actually have a password, and then came back to TM all happy and I was checked out and good to go.

So unless you know your friend has a Verify password, you might just give it a try and TM might just check you out no problem.

i looked at the Mariner's schedule for June 20 and there is a game that day at 1:10 PM!

Oh damn! :lol: I was wondering about that.

Well, the good news is that the game should be over around 4 or so, so traffic should clear out pretty well by 6 for the people with seats. And for people getting there super early to line up for GA, there shouldn't be any problem finding street parking that morning.

But yeah, between the concert and the ballgame, the parking lots are going to make you bend over and take it in a bad way.

Yay for free street parking on Sundays!

You know, I've never signed up for a Verify password (at least not that I know of), so when that screen came up during the TM check out, I just clicked "Verify". It looked like it went out to the Visa website briefly, maybe figured out that I don't actually have a password, and then came back to TM all happy and I was checked out and good to go.

So unless you know your friend has a Verify password, you might just give it a try and TM might just check you out no problem.

it won't let me go past without entering a password. :|

if it's a nice day that day or the roof is closed, i wouldn't mind doing a ballgame/concert doubleheader since i'm not going to wait in the GA line

-dan

I used my horizon code up yesterday. Used friends boots code today. Is it true you can't use somebody's code with your TM Account??? I just play it safe and use his TM Account with his code.

That verified by visa thing is a pain in the butt!!! :mad:

got friends last 4 of his SSN finally, tried giving him a new password and i entered one then it says "enter one letter and one number at least".... then it says "password does not meet rules" or something.... an i read it has to be between 6-8 characters!!!!! DAMMIT. Clock almost ran out..

glad that's over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom