June 20, 2010 - Seattle Qwest Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver Cloud is literally right next door to Qwest, so I'm not surprised they've popped up the rates already.

There are a bunch of nice hotels in the downtown area. If you want cheaper hotels, you'll have to go a little farther out.

I get a little stymied by hotel recommendations, and unfamiliar with what's "cheap" and close to the venue. There are a few on Highway 99 (aka Aurora Ave), but the area can get a little shady in certain bits. There's a Travelodge and a Days Inn and a Holiday Inn - the farther north on Aurora/99 you get, the better.

I know that's not a ton of help, but I'm sayin' - something about Seattle hotel recommendations leaves me a little :der:

There are boatloads of hotels by the airport, and it's at least a 20 minute drive/ride to the airport from downtown in good traffic. Also some hotels by the Seattle Center (Space Needle) area - not sure on prices, and it's probably too far for a comfortable walk, but there are busses that will get you down to the stadium area from there.

it would be interesting to know what the rates for next june were last week (if that makes sense).

the rate that i was given is similar to what a couple of other people booked at.

a suite there would be cool because you could fit 3 people comfortably, but the suite is a king bed (instead of 2 queens/doubles).

-dan

Try the Best Western Pioneer Square...the rates for us was $134 a night but that gets you two twin beds at the AAA rate (cheapest)...we had that but opted to cancel and go to the Silver Cloud instead...

The BW Pioneer Square seemed pretty nice; I just wanted to hear sound check from my hotel room! :lol:

i'll be there for sure.

home town show!!!

Wonder if i'll see the BAW's this time?? :hmm: Missed em in Pasadena and Glendale.

Silver Cloud is literally right next door to Qwest, so I'm not surprised they've popped up the rates already.

There are a bunch of nice hotels in the downtown area. If you want cheaper hotels, you'll have to go a little farther out.

I get a little stymied by hotel recommendations, and unfamiliar with what's "cheap" and close to the venue. There are a few on Highway 99 (aka Aurora Ave), but the area can get a little shady in certain bits. There's a Travelodge and a Days Inn and a Holiday Inn - the farther north on Aurora/99 you get, the better.

I know that's not a ton of help, but I'm sayin' - something about Seattle hotel recommendations leaves me a little :der:

There are boatloads of hotels by the airport, and it's at least a 20 minute drive/ride to the airport from downtown in good traffic. Also some hotels by the Seattle Center (Space Needle) area - not sure on prices, and it's probably too far for a comfortable walk, but there are busses that will get you down to the stadium area from there.

Thanks for trying cori; I appreciate it. :hug:

i'll be there for sure.

home town show!!!

Wonder if i'll see the BAW's this time?? :hmm: Missed em in Pasadena and Glendale.

You'll see us! We didn't do Pasadena and I scanned the GA line for you in Glendale but didn't see you :(

it would be interesting to know what the rates for next june were last week (if that makes sense).

the rate that i was given is similar to what a couple of other people booked at.

a suite there would be cool because you could fit 3 people comfortably, but the suite is a king bed (instead of 2 queens/doubles).

-dan

You don't wanna snuggle, Dan?

if it brings down my portion for the room, sure

no snorers though :down:

-dan

Wow, I just saw this thread...:reject: Yes I will be there DEFINITELY.
I haven't seen the show yet so I am glad my patience will be rewarded with a performance in my backyard! Sorta. Across the lake anyway. :)

I am struggling with weather or not to do GA or seats. If I were going alone I would do GA for sure, but it sounds like everybody I know wants to go with me including some family ....I am torn...
but super excited!!!:hyper:

Just made my hostel reservation. I'll be there. :up: I'm really excited about this show.

My boss heard on the radio this morning that tickets for Seattle will go on sale on 11/16. No confirmation of that on U2.com yet, but if that's correct, I'm guessing the pre-sale might be the week of 11/9.

My boss heard on the radio this morning that tickets for Seattle will go on sale on 11/16. No confirmation of that on U2.com yet, but if that's correct, I'm guessing the pre-sale might be the week of 11/9.

Oooh, thank you! This is gonna be a tight one with the holidays coming up. Couldn't they have waited until January?

Just saw them in Vegas, can't wait to see them again up here in my neck-of-the woods! Qwest field should be a good venue for it!

I'm thinking of taking the whole family to this one. Only a 5 hour drive from my home in BC. Obviously, I got to make a decision pretty soon. I'm sure presales will be next week.

So all over this concert. Love Seattle in the summer. Can't wait. I have free housing about 30-40 mins from Quest at my disposal. Should be the perfect weekend!

I'm in for this one...

We are in for this show! We were going back and forth between this one and Denver or doing both. Finances are tight...:eek:...especially after just doing Vegas and the Rose Bowl.

So, for now, ;) we are doing Seattle since it's closer. We can drive it and, if we decide to fly, the flights are cheaper.

If we decide to do Denver, we'll have to find GA's somehow...:sigh: :pray:

It's on the very south end of Pioneer Square, which is the south end of downtown. It's also pretty easily accessible from the International District.

The neighborhood just south of Qwest Field and Safeco Field (where I work) is called SoDo, which used to stand for "South of the (King) Dome", but now that the King Dome is gone, it stands for "South of Downtown." It's mostly industrial down that way.

Maybe for Seattle, we should rename the song "King Dome Of Your Love." :hmm:

I'm really excited for Seattle because I've never been there. My parents have been raving about it so I'm flying up after Oakland so I can spend a few days there. Good Food + U2 = Fat & Happy Chelsea :hyper:

We did Seattle for the Vertigo tour and had a great time. It a nice city!

We don't really know anyone there so we will have to get a hotel. I am going to start looking into rooms right now.

It looks like the Silver Cloud is popular on here so I will check that one out. :wave:

the silver cloud is expensive :( :down:

i looked at a best western which is about a half mile away and that was kinda pricey too

i just hope alicia's couch is extra comfy :D

-dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom