June 17 & 18, 2011 - I'm not #1 in the GA line in Anaheim...carry on...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Free tix for future shows

First off, how will the GA lineup for Sat night happen? Similar to Friday night, i.e. after the concert, meet at the cars at the Metrolink station to get on the list, then show up at 6 a.m.?

Secondly, too bad we missed the LA opportunity, but read on if you want to see future shows for free!

‘Take Off Your Boots’ For U2 Tickets
Here’s a reason for once to like a ticket broker: Online reseller StubHub is offering free tickets to U2 360 shows in select cities — including the next concerts in Anaheim on Friday and Saturday — to those who donate a pair of new or gently used shoes to Soles4Souls, a charity that collects shoes and gives them to the needy around the world. The company has dubbed this project the “Take Off Your Boots Campaign” (all styles of shoes are welcome).
According to Soles4Souls: “Last year, after U2 postponed their tour many fans who purchased tickets through StubHub could not commit to the rescheduled shows. With StubHub’s FanProtect Guarantee policy, these fans were able to return their tickets and receive their money back. Because it is StubHub’s policy not to resell tickets, these returned tickets are now being used to encourage charitable giving through the Take Off Your Boots campaign.”
The company has already done ticket giveaways at Hard Rock cafes in Denver, Seattle and San Francisco. Here’s the remaining schedule (for tickets to the Anaheim, Miami, Philadelphia and East Rutherford shows). Tickets are available while supplies list, and the limit is one pair of tickets per person making a shoe donation:
• Los Angeles (Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood on Hollywood Blvd., 6801 Hollywood Blvd., #105): 3-6 p.m. June 14
• Miami (CocoWalk, 3015 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove, Fla.): Noon to 4 p.m. June 28
• Philadelphia (StubHub Last Minute Services Storefront, 900 Packer Ave.): 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 13
• New York City (StubHub Last Minute Services Storefront, 40th and Broadway): 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 20

Attn! Ga anaheim announcement from the front lines....

Per security the stadium will close lots and metrolink lot we are in around 10pm tonight!

We have confirmed an ok spot to move the line at that point. Enter Orangewood off of State College and you will see us.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ON OTHER FAN SITES AND TO EACH OTHER, IF YOU ARE CHECKIN IN FOR ROLL CALL AT 6 AM....MEET US ON ORANGEWOOD BY THE ORANGEWOOD ENTRY GATE TO THE STADIUM!!!

Thanks!

:weekend::crack::crack::crack:

tickets say no cameras. has anyone heard from the stadium if this is true?

Also does anyone know how much parking at Honda Center is?

Hope everyone has fun at dinner tonight.
I'm planning on trying to meet a few more folks in the GA line tomorrow.

A quick stadium driveby today for the jealous lurkers:
DSCN0002.jpg

Bad news for people who have seats in the corners: it appears they left the foul poles in place.

My seat for Friday is in section 433, so I am a tad irritated.

5-9-0920at20angel20stadium20007-thumb-550x412-1139391.jpg

:scratch:

Hmmm.... what if you bring a cooler with *stuff* on it.... ? Just curious what people are doing. :hmm:

Not sure. You can get it in, but roaming security will make you pour it out if they catch you (happened to me at an Angel game once - I was not happy pouring out damn good beer). We've gotten away with plastic cups filled with spiked soda but I take absolutely no responsibilty. :wink:

Not sure. You can get it in, but roaming security will make you pour it out if they catch you (happened to me at an Angel game once - I was not happy pouring out damn good beer). We've gotten away with plastic cups filled with spiked soda but I take absolutely no responsibilty. :wink:

I'm not really planning on tailgating for a long period of time... just have a brewsky or two before heading on in. I guess we'll decide. Thanks!

I really love my job, but from all days today I hate to be here at the office...
I wanna be at the angels stadium RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!
Tonight and tomorrow should be memorable..
Cheers Friends U2 360 is happening TONIGHT!!!!!
:applaud::wave::yippie::happydance:

Enter off of Katella between the Grove and the condos. Turn left at little white security shed, go straight until u can make another left into the Metrolink parking lot, then immediate right to cross the lot. Follow signs for Amtrak/Metrolink. Umbrellas and chair folks are what you're looking for. Sign up. Core group of ol' school fans are running it and letting you go home/work/sleep etc and come back for check in any time before midnight tomoro at your convenience. One person from your group can check in if people in your group have to work/sleep/vacation/be with family etc. Then 6am roll-call Friday. We are all at the Metrolink because security won't allow us on property til 8am (the usual) Friday. There are 2 entrances, and line will be split at roll-call in an orderly fashion. :yes: No stress and super chill!

If you need land markers to find folks running it... it's to the left of the Gate 1 entrance and ticket booth and between Grove/Metro/Stadium.

See u there! :grouphug:

Is this going to be the same deal for Saturday's line? if so, i might get my ass down there tonight to take a number, and quietly whimper outside the stadium in jealousy

It could happen, but I think that's just one of the goofy quirks of GA that happen sometimes, right? Sometimes everything gets coordinated just fine, other times something goes a little wonky.

You just have to try and be zen about it, and hope that whatever wonkiness happens gets sorted quickly.

(see, I talk a good game about being zen with GA. I just can't actually do it. :wink: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom