June 17 & 18 2011 - Anaheim Part VIII - We Heart Cory Marshall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when did you look? everybody seemed to be quick on the draw and got the 89.99 rate.

Just now. I saw the prices this morning, but shrugged since I figure I'm not going. Then it occurred to me that I can always cancel, so might as well reserve anyway. They caught on and jacked up the prices. I thought about calling them up and asking what gives.

You think they would be too busy with the All-Star game going on in Anaheim right now.

I called TownPlace and they said they didn't have anything to do with the price increase. What? :angry:

Obvious case of someone identifying that they can hose fans for an extra $40 a night. Whatever. I can get a better hotel for half the price if I am somehow able to go.

Isn't it standard for hotels to do that? I remember when I saw madonna in Vegas a couple years ago the hotel prices at the MGM went from $90 to $300 a night.

It sucks for the consumer but I don't think its necessarily out of line.
No I don't know anyone thts in the hotel management business, just playing devils advocate

Just now. I saw the prices this morning, but shrugged since I figure I'm not going. Then it occurred to me that I can always cancel, so might as well reserve anyway. They caught on and jacked up the prices. I thought about calling them up and asking what gives.

yeah. that was my bad. i thought you meant it went up from 49.99 to 89.99. then i saw it went from 89.99 to 129.99.

i'll hold off as long as i can finding a roomie. you have until friday to decide :wink:

Isn't it standard for hotels to do that? I remember when I saw madonna in Vegas a couple years ago the hotel prices at the MGM went from $90 to $300 a night.

It sucks for the consumer but I don't think its necessarily out of line.
No I don't know anyone thts in the hotel management business, just playing devils advocate

LOL, I know -- someone sees that the demand has gone up and raises the prices. This has not been a good day, so I'm easily pissed at this point.

TownePlace is great. There's a pool, laundry, lots of places within walking distance, including Starbucks, TOGO's, the Grill place we went to for the second gathering. And really close to the Stadium. There's another hotel, Ayers I think?, that is also within walking distance, but I think it's expensive.

TownePlace is great. There's a pool, laundry, lots of places within walking distance, including Starbucks, TOGO's, the Grill place we went to for the second gathering. And really close to the Stadium. There's another hotel, Ayers I think?, that is also within walking distance, but I think it's expensive.

Parking lot has a problem with gorilla attacks.

i spent the first half of the year getting in shape for this summer and did a pretty good job.

wanted to get my tattoo before the shows, but it never happened. which was good cause everything got postponed. i'm probably going to get it this winter and keep on working out & swimming. 10 months until denver, 11 months until anaheim!

bring on the pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom