June 17 & 18 2011 - Anaheim Part IX - I don't remember what Cory Marshall Looks Like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we had a Disneyland outing on what was supposed to be the day before Anaheim 1. I was so exhausted after that I don't think I would have been able to do Disneyland and the show the next night.

Need some advice

After planning on going to both U2 shows I'm starting to have second thoughts.

See my wife and I are huge Disney nerds. And I want us to get the most out of our weekend trip and I think our plans call for some some major rushing. Trying to catch U2 (2) nights and spending time at the parks.

The original plan was for us to go see U2 Saturday only (never seen U2 on the 2nd night same city) but then I got excited about the possibility of seeing them back to back. Again, this was with a new album being released in mind...

You think I'm over planning or should I just enjoy U2 the 2nd night as originally planned & take in the parks with time to spare? Things to note:

-Would rather see UV than HMTMKMKM (even though I've seen 360 UV 3 times already)
-Want to see Zooropa
-Heard 2nd nights are the better show
-Was planning on GA for night 2,
-Currently have row 1 upper deck tickets for night 1.

Any Disney vets out there know how hard its to plan a Disney World/Land trip....then throw 2 U2 shows on top of that!!!

If you aren't lining up, it shouldn't be too bad. Get a 2 day passport, go to Disney in the morning/afternoon and then to the stadium for the show. And, unless you are a huge Lenny Kravitz fan, you could even aim to get to one of the shows late (like a true Southern Californian).

The key to Disney in the summer is wise use of the Fast Pass. For Space Mountain, go right as the park opens, then do some of the Tomorrowland rides, and do the same for the other rides.

Fast passes are THE way to go during the crowded times at Disneyland. Definitely worth going by and picking them up for the big attractions like Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, & Indiana Jones.

Just keep in mind that it'll be peak season at Disneyland, and local kids will have just finished up with school, and it's a weekend, and it'll be hot. Pretty much the worst time to visit the park. I wouldn't attempt to do both Disneyland and U2 on the same day. If you do, make sure you give yourself more time than you think you need to exit the park and get to the concert, since you're probably going to hit a wall of traffic.

Anyone walking to the show? It doesn't look too bad on a walk from all the surrounding hotels.

My wife talked me into just doing the 2 shows. This whole thing sprung from not being able to see World of Color and the Fireworks. Which we came to the conclusion, why would we waste a 2 hr U2 show over Disneyland Fireworks (been to Disney World plenty of times).

We plan on pacing ourselves and the heat won't be too bad. Were from TX :)

:grouphug:

:cabbagepatch: Woohoo!! So happy you're coming to Denver. When I see you there, I will give you a BIG real :hug: that's overdue... Are you planning to do a GA line or just soundboarding?

Can't wait to give you a hug too! I will definitely attempt to line up early..."early" in loose quotes because I'll be at my friend's birthday party right out of the airport on friday night. So we probably won't be there butt-crack-of-dawn early. I'll email you my phone # One thing I am worried about is being a mile high for a U2 show. When I saw The Police at Red Rocks, I ran out of breath just walking up the steps to our seats :lol:

9 threads. i think i last posted in thread 3.

brb. gonna catch up on what i missed

This whole thing sprung from not being able to see World of Color and the Fireworks. Which we came to the conclusion, why would we waste a 2 hr U2 show over Disneyland Fireworks (been to Disney World plenty of times).

Where are you staying? You might be able to see the fireworks from your hotel if you get in the night before. I was surprised last year when I stayed at the Hilton and I had a perfect view of both parks and the fireworks at night right from my room. Or you could just stroll over to the front gate and watch them from there.

*lurking*
Can I just say I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to going to these shows, sweating some GA line waiting and meeting/seeing everyone? It's been a crazy spring :crack: and here it is, weeks from our shows. Hope everyone is well :hug:

Where are you staying? You might be able to see the fireworks from your hotel if you get in the night before. I was surprised last year when I stayed at the Hilton and I had a perfect view of both parks and the fireworks at night right from my room. Or you could just stroll over to the front gate and watch them from there.

Speaking of which, is anyone staying at the Hilton Suites this time around, by any chance?

Unlike the Townehouse, I got a better rate from the Hilton.:shifty:

Speaking of which, is anyone staying at the Hilton Suites this time around, by any chance?

Unlike the Townehouse, I got a better rate from the Hilton.:shifty:

Is that the one near the convention center? I got a steal on that one last year, thanks to Priceline. :D

Were staying at the Hilton (Convention Center) because of a great rate. Our schedule is a little pressed for time, as were driving up from San Diego. Flights into LAX & John Wayne were too much.

Were staying at the Hilton (Convention Center) because of a great rate. Our schedule is a little pressed for time, as were driving up from San Diego. Flights into LAX & John Wayne were too much.

Ask for the seventh floor, facing the parks if you can :) Perfect view of the parks.

Are any people who know me still looking for a roommate? One of my friends, a girl, is looking for a place to stay. But she won't stay with anyone I can't personally recommend :)

And I'm staying at the Gingerbread House. Mmmm. These building supports are tasty! Why is the roof falling in?

I can't believe that I have to say "I'm staying at The Candy Cane Inn" with a straight face.

That brings back so many memories for me. When I was a kid we did an annual trip to Disneyland and always stayed at the Candy Cane. I loved that place. Also, at the time it had a great view of the fireworks from the park and a pretty nice pool.

That brings back so many memories for me. When I was a kid we did an annual trip to Disneyland and always stayed at the Candy Cane. I loved that place.

I've never stayed over in Anaheim, just have visited a million times. But, with back to back concerts and my probably attending the get together, just made sense to stay....and the hotel got great reviews and was not crazy expensive....but it sounds like I'll be surrounded by children hyped up beyond belief cos Disney is in their immediate future. :)

I've never stayed over in Anaheim, just have visited a million times. But, with back to back concerts and my probably attending the get together, just made sense to stay....and the hotel got great reviews and was not crazy expensive....but it sounds like I'll be surrounded by children hyped up beyond belief cos Disney is in their immediate future. :)

I'm staying at the Townplace Suites for the same reason. I will be surrounded by adults hyped up because U2 is in their immediate future. :lol:

Thankfully there is no Insane Clown Possey show at the Grove this year. That was scary.

10+ years total living LA and I'd never heard of it until a month ago.

I'm sorely lacking as it pertains to knowledge of Anaheim history.

However, I do know great places to park between the Pond and Angel Stadium, along with great shortcuts to get there. :)

It'll be GWAR this year.

Oh dear God. I hadn't heard anyone mention them in years. For those unfamiliar with them, I've included a picture under spoiler tags.

*If you click, I am not responsible for any therapy you may need to undergo to remove the image from your brain.

sdmvcx.jpg

They really are scarier than Juggalos. That would be hilarious. :lol:

*lurking*
Can I just say I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to going to these shows, sweating some GA line waiting and meeting/seeing everyone? It's been a crazy spring :crack: and here it is, weeks from our shows. Hope everyone is well :hug:
:wave: Hope to see you there! :hug:

I can't believe that I have to say "I'm staying at The Candy Cane Inn" with a straight face.
OMG, seriously? :cute:

Does this mean I'm actually going to meet you this time? :ohmy:

Thankfully there is no Insane Clown Possey show at the Grove this year. That was scary.
:( Aww. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom