June 16, 2010 - Oakland Coliseum - CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
YES! :hyper:

*added stadium info

For the safety and security of our guests, the following items are not permitted inot the stadium. The lists represent the most common items attendees want to know about. All items may not be listed and will be at the discretion of law enforcement or security at the gates.

PROHIBITED ITEMS
- INAPPROPRIATE ATTIRE OR SIGNAGE
- BAGS LARGER THAN 18"W X 12"H X 8"D
- HARD-SIDED CONTAINERS OF ANY SIZE, INCLUDING COOLERS AND THERMOSES
- GLASS BOTTLES, ALUMINUM CANS, FLASKS AND CAMELBACKS
- CONTAINERS CARRYING LIQUIDS OF ANY KIND
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- ILLEGAL DRUGS
- WEAPONS OF ANY KIND
- FIREWORKS
- PROJECTILES, INCLUDING FRISBEES, FOOTBALLS AND INFLATABLE BALLS
- ANY SIZE POLE OR STICK
- UMBRELLAS OF ANY KIND
- ARTIFICIAL NOISEMAKERS OF ANY KIND
- VIDEO CAMERAS
- STILL CAMERAS WITH LENSES LONGER THAN 3"
- LASER POINTERS, COMPUTERS AND LARGE RADIOS
- PORTABLE CHAIRS
- SCOOTERS, BICYCLES, ROLLERSKATES AND SKATEBOARDS
- NON SERVICE ANIMALS
- ANY ITEM DEEMED BY MANAGEMENT TO BE DANGEROUS OR INAPPROPRIATE THAT MAY DISRUPT OTHER FANS' ENJOYMENT OF THE GAME

THE COLISEUM DOES NOT STORE PROHIBITED ITEMS. ITEMS LEFT AT THE GATES WILL BE DISCARDED. THE COLISEUM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ABANDONED ITEMS.

Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum may provide storage of your personal items at our Customer Accommodations Property Check-In if deemed appropriate (See Below: Customer Accommodations Property Check-In Procedure). Items left at the gates will be discarded. The Oracle Arena and Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum are not responsible for abandoned items.

PERMITTED ITEMS
(ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH)
- BAGS SMALLER THAN 18"W X 12"H X 8"D
- FOOD IN CLEAR PLASTIC WRAP
- SMALL HANDHELD TVs OR RADIOS
- BINOCULARS AND BINOCULAR CASES
- STILL CAMERAS WITH LENSES SHORTER THAN 3" AND CAMERA CASES
- SEAT CUSHIONS (LIGHTWEIGHT FOAM WITH PLASTIC COVER)
- BLANKETS
- RAIN PONCHOS
- INSULIN AND DIABETIC SUPPLIES
- BREAST PUMP AND SUPPLIES
- HELMETS

ALL PERSONS AND ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH. BAGS THAT FIT INTO BOXES (18"W X 12"H X 8"D) LOCATED AT EACH GATE ARE ACCEPTABLE; HOWEVER, ALL ITEMS BROUGHT INTO THE STADIUM ARE SUBJEC TO SEARCH. REFUSAL OF ANY GUEST TO COOPERATE WILL RESULT IN NON-ADMITTANCE INTO THE STADIUM. MANAGEMENT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ITEMS LEFT BEHIND AT THE GATE OR ITEMS LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED.

PARKING INFO

http://www.coliseum.com/info/parking.php

TRANSPORTATION

http://www.coliseum.com/info/public_transportation.php

And if there are any other golf geeks here, that is the same week as the US Open being held at Pebble Beach. :reject:

OMG im holding for a U2.com manager right now..they say my Horizon member subsription expired 43 days ago.. i never even got an email to renew!!!!!!!!!!
FREAKING OUT.

I am so ready for this! I will pull all the strings I have to get a phone interview/pass to pre or post party, whatever!

Dude you have to. :(

So now I'm freaking out. Presale is tomorrow? :crack: Oakland stadium is humongous. http://www.knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/2/20/OaklandColiseum.1024px.jpg I'm really kind of freaked about that and not sure if I should get GA or seats (cant even really AFFORD seats right now :sigh:).

The stadium is a very round shape (for baseball) which makes the seats further away from the stage compared to the football style stadiums (like Chicago). For that reason, GA seems to be the way to go. Better view, Plus the price. And as a bonus you get to stand in line all day in the nice part of Oakland. /sarcasm.

BART access is excellent. There is a stop at the stadium.

The stadium is a very round shape (for baseball) which makes the seats further away from the stage compared to the football style stadiums (like Chicago). For that reason, GA seems to be the way to go. Better view, Plus the price. And as a bonus you get to stand in line all day in the nice part of Oakland. /sarcasm.

BART access is excellent. There is a stop at the stadium.

Thanks for the info. Last time I was there it was 1987 for the Joshua Tree tour so I dont remember much what it looked like.

It's about time they came here! Yea I am so excited! I'm surprised they don't have more shows here - only 1 in the Bay Area for the entire tour?

BART is excellent option, unless you plan on getting there at 3am to line up!

Does anyone know what time the presales start? I'm boots so will be Wednesday morning-

I never received an email about the early renewal offer, but if you log into your "account info" you can select to renew your membership early and get a new code, I just found out about the presale this morning!

Dude you have to. :(

So now I'm freaking out. Presale is tomorrow? :crack: Oakland stadium is humongous. http://www.knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/2/20/OaklandColiseum.1024px.jpg I'm really kind of freaked about that and not sure if I should get GA or seats (cant even really AFFORD seats right now :sigh:).

The stadium is a very round shape (for baseball) which makes the seats further away from the stage compared to the football style stadiums (like Chicago). For that reason, GA seems to be the way to go. Better view, Plus the price.

Look at how broad the field is. There's a lot of space behind the RZ. (those would be $250 seats in another stadium). Definitely room for more people to get closer to the claw. Even the back of the field doesn't look that far away.

I'm definitely going for GA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom