June 16, 2010 - Oakland Coliseum - CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Sicy. I'm guessing it would only be added if June 16 sells out. Were any shows on Leg 2 in North America added after the initial announcement of dates? It just seems to me that there are a lot more open dates between shows next summer in North America than there were this year.

I want to know where U2 will be between Anaheim 6/6 and Denver 6/12! :hyper:

Got invited to this show today! :hyper:

Have never been to SF and would love some hotel ideas from anyone that has been.

Booked my Toronto hotel tonight based on that thread/suggestions! :up:

I stayed at the Sir Francis Drake hotel in Union Square both times I went to San Francisco. Great location, and there's this amazing diner across the street from there. :drool: The last time I went was back in 2000 though. :reject:

i've stayed at The Clift hotel several times, it has a nice boutique feel to it and a nice bar. it is off geary street, west of union square.

There is also the westin st francis that i've been to.

don't worry! I have it on good authority there will be a second show. And this was before the tickets went on sale for the first.

Remember, I was the one who said the first concert would be in the very middle of June, despite all the June 22 rumors!

thanks for the heads up... I figured that they would add a second show but when I was able to pull up tickets just now on ticketmaster I was worried.

Glad to see it's still considered a sell-out, though, that's a good sign for show #2.

I know for Barcelona #2 they added the second show at a later date (I only know about that show because I bought 1 GA at 1am west coast time to it) so I assume they'll try to hype up the second show before tickets go onsale as well!

i've stayed at The Clift hotel several times, it has a nice boutique feel to it and a nice bar. it is off geary street, west of union square.

There is also the westin st francis that i've been to.

:drool: The Clift. I LOVE their lounge.

There are some really nice Boutique Hotels in the Union Square area that don't cost an arm and a leg. I stay at Hotel Metropolis, which is on Sutter, I think.

Union Square Hotels * Boutique Hotels San Francisco at Union Square * Luxury Hotel Union Square * Personality Hotels

California Hotels | Joie de Vivre Hotels | California Boutique Hotels

Both of those sites have a good variety of Boutique hotels in SF.

There is also a Hotel Vertigo, which would be appropriate. :D

http://www.hotelvertigosf.com/

I stayed at the Sir Francis Drake hotel in Union Square both times I went to San Francisco. Great location, and there's this amazing diner across the street from there. :drool: The last time I went was back in 2000 though. :reject:

Nice! Look how close it is to all the shopping too!!!

Thank you for sharing! :wave:

:drool: The Clift. I LOVE their lounge.

There are some really nice Boutique Hotels in the Union Square area that don't cost an arm and a leg. I stay at Hotel Metropolis, which is on Sutter, I think.

Union Square Hotels * Boutique Hotels San Francisco at Union Square * Luxury Hotel Union Square * Personality Hotels

California Hotels | Joie de Vivre Hotels | California Boutique Hotels

Both of those sites have a good variety of Boutique hotels in SF.

There is also a Hotel Vertigo, which would be appropriate. :D

San Francisco Nob Hill Hotels * San Francisco Nob Hill Hotels CA * San Francisco Nob Hill Hotels and Lodging * San Francisco Nob Hill Accommodations * Hotel Vertigo

Thank you for those links! Will check them out!
I did peek at Hotel Vertigo right away! I wonder how many U2 fans have already stayed there?!!!!!:lol:

Heard from same 'source' that told me about the mid-June Oakland date:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...com-now-tour-dates-201750-34.html#post6440186

... says that a second show for Oakland is on tap. Live Nation will wait for the other nearby shows (Seattle, Denver, Anaheim) to sell first before putting Oakland 2 on sale.

Also said LN is negotiating with "big name" opening acts to help ticket sales. All unofficial of course.

Nice location, chels. I'll be staying at my parents house in St. Francis Wood. :drool: or at my brother's house in Walnut Creek. I'd invite y'all over for dinner but I'm not sure my mom gets the whole "It's cool, Mom, I've never met them but I've talked to them online A LOT." thing :shrug:

Nice location, chels. I'll be staying at my parents house in St. Francis Wood. :drool: or at my brother's house in Walnut Creek. I'd invite y'all over for dinner but I'm not sure my mom gets the whole "It's cool, Mom, I've never met them but I've talked to them online A LOT." thing :shrug:

You've met me, and I like dinner:wink:

Yeah, we can all just roll up and be like, "sup, mom!" :wave: Or she can cater to the GA line. :D

I'm just going to throw out some ideas for hotels in SF.
I'm a cheap skate and :heart: good deals, so I sometimes use these 2 sites :

BiddingForTravel.com - The informed Priceline Travel Bidding Forum

Priceline and Hotwire Forum

to check which hotel you might get for what price if you bid on priceline or hotwire.
It's worth a try.
Last year I stayed at the Westin St. Francis right on Union Square for $70 a night and at the Huntington Hotel on Nob Hill for $90.
But it is probably still a bit too early to start bidding for June, 2010.

You've met me, and I like dinner:wink:

and me :wave:, cool, PARTY AT ZOOEY'S MUM'S :rockon::cocktail::drool::cabbagepatch:

:wink:

I'd say for out of towners wanting a place to stay, there are plenty of hotels by the airport, and that'll put you really close to the stadium without being in shady neighborhoods. Another nice option would be stay somewhere in Jack London Square - that'd give you more options for things to do the night before or after the concert if you're staying for more than a couple days, plus it's easy to get to a BART station from there, and BART has a stop right by the coliseum.

I'm definitely doing BART. Don't have to worry about parking at all! :)

JL square is nice, and I agree with people staying at the airport hotels

Thank you so much for the info! Not that I'm booking anything yet, but just getting familiar. I think I will be booking a hotel by the airport or by this Jack London Square. I need a safe location for the BART station for the hotel and coliseum.

not according to TM last night... maybe today

eta: yep, definitely NOT sold out.

However at some point yesterday nothing could be pulled up.
I guess some tickets got kicked back in (after credit card decline, I assume).

$30 tickets seem to be sold out.
$55 tickets seem to be sold out.
I'm only able to pull up single seats for $95
$250 is a whole different story: 3 together still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom