June 16, 2010 - Oakland Coliseum - CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BART runs really early.

This example is if you were staying in a hotel near Union Square in SF :

from Powell Street (which is near Union Square in SF) to the Coliseum/Oakland Airport BART station :

earliest direct line : leaves Powell at 4.20 AM and arrives at the Coliseum at 4.42 AM.

last train back to Powell : leaves the Coliseum at 12.23 AM and arrives at Powell on 12.46 AM

Sicy, you've never taken BART? Aye carumba! Easiest mass transportation ever!

Well I've never really needed to I guess. That's what my car is for. :wink: Plus I dont commute really, I only work about 12 miles from home.

Cool. I remember waiting FOREVER for a cab from the BART station after we got back into the city after the last show. This time I think I'll either park a rental car at the station or tell a family member to expect a call at midnight or so.

Or get a hotel in SF in walking distance from a BART station.
Bart goes to SFO as well.
So you might not even need a rental car.

keep in mind, the Oakland airport is like 5 miles from the venue, and is often cheaper to fly in and out of than SFO. BART offers a bus that runs between the airport and the stadium (where people transfer to the trains).

keep in mind, the Oakland airport is like 5 miles from the venue, and is often cheaper to fly in and out of than SFO. BART offers a bus that runs between the airport and the stadium (where people transfer to the trains).

:up: Oakland is cheaper, smaller, and much less stressful than SFO.

I'm going to plan flights and everything after I get tickets to all the shows. I have to go from Philly to Anaheim, Anaheim to Denver and then Denver to Oakland. Kind of makes me want to skip Denver altogether.

I'm going to plan flights and everything after I get tickets to all the shows. I have to go from Philly to Anaheim, Anaheim to Denver and then Denver to Oakland. Kind of makes me want to skip Denver altogether.

Yeah, I wanted to do Denver but the date didn't work. So, I'll spend a day or two extra in Oakland/SF and then go to Seattle if everything works out. :hyper:

Yeah, I wanted to do Denver but the date didn't work. So, I'll spend a day or two extra in Oakland/SF and then go to Seattle if everything works out. :hyper:

we are so hanging out!

SO hanging out!

I'm thinking about skipping Denver and taking the train to Oakland and doing some site seeing. I haven't been to San Francisco since 1997.

U2 and a visit with my family (parents, brother, nieces and nephews, grandma)? I'm so excited. I think we'll do a trip out to Yosemite after the show...

unless I do Seattle :reject:

we are so hanging out!

SO hanging out!

fo' sure!

I'm thinking about skipping Denver and taking the train to Oakland and doing some site seeing. I haven't been to San Francisco since 1997.

Yay! Laura too!

U2 and a visit with my family (parents, brother, nieces and nephews, grandma)? I'm so excited. I think we'll do a trip out to Yosemite after the show...unless I do Seattle :reject:

Yosemite, my most favorite place. :heart:

Though seeing you in Anaheim, Oakland and Seattle would be beyond awesome! :love:

I am taking it one show/trip at a time, even if I end up just catching one, I will be super happy.

I'm so excited about this show and Anaheim. I can't wait to meet all the West Coast Inteferencers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom