June 16, 2010 - Oakland Coliseum - CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in New Jersey and Ticketmaster let me get a GA with my Breathe code at 3pm eastern time. :hyper:

I just bought GA's...central time 3:00 with a Breathe code. Sooooo easy. I looked for seats for a few times but I didn't get Edge's side once so I just got GA. :hyper:

FYI -

"We're emailing you with an update on the timings of your presale opportunities for U2's 2010 360° shows in Oakland (June 16th), Edmonton (June 23rd) and Toronto (July 3rd).

Presales for our 'Boots' group of subscribers open on Wednesday, tomorrow, as follows:

10AM EDT / 9AM CDT / 8AM MDT / 7AM PDT"

I'm in! 4 GAs!!! Bringing the husband this time. I think he'd rather have seats, but I told him the pit experience was so awesome that he just HAD to try it once. He'll be thanking me later...:sexywink:

:happydance:

Hmmm- this is interesting- just got this email from the Oakland arena- seems they are having their own presale tomorrow morning!?:

Pre-Sale Ticket Offer
The U2 360° Tour is coming to Oakland-Alameda County Coliseumon Wednesday, June 16, 2010.

As anOakland-Alameda County Coliseum/ORACLE Arena email subscriber, you may purchase up to four (4) pre-sale tickets to this amazing show before they go on sale to the general public!

Pre-Sale:
Beginsat 10:00 am PST onWednesday, October 28th.
Ends at 5:00 pm PST on Thursday, October 29th.

(I am in Boots so will be going for my 7am timeslot tomorrow, but the arena's presale will be happening while U2.com's is still in progress as well!)

There were presales like this for some places on this years leg. You couldn't get GAs with it.

Just scrolled down and read the fine print- looks to be the same thing here:

Offeronly available to Oakland-Alameda County/ORACLE Arena email subscribersand isnon-transferable. General admission tickets excluded from pre-sale ticket offer.

Good news for those in the "Magnificent" group wanting GA's!

I am hoping to get mine bright and early tomorrow morning!

That was also my first concert ever, at just 14 years old. So this is going to be pretty sentimental for me. :hmm:

I was there on 11/14. a good friend of mine, her first concert ever was 11/15. I wish I had gone the next night, they played Out Of Control.

I was there on 11/14. a good friend of mine, her first concert ever was 11/15. I wish I had gone the next night, they played Out Of Control.

That's awesome. It was so long ago I barely remember it but I went on 11/14. I remember having to BEG my parents to drop me and my friend off at 7am so we could wait in line. It's such a trip to think about how different things were back then. The stage, was just a stage. Nothing fancy. And the GA was just a mosh of a million people. When the opening act came on (Bo Deans and Pretenders ha) everyone pushed to the front and we got smashed so we ended up having to go backwards to breathe. After waiting all day! It seems like the last few tours people have been much cooler about personal space, plus the circles, ellipses and hearts help because then its not just one big area that everyone needs to get to the front.

I've rambled but you just brought back some memories.

I'm barely recovered from Boston and Vegas but I'm geeked to go at it again!

Thanks everyone for the good advice here and in the 'Oakland, Edmonton and Toronto PRE SALE Info' thread. I'm going to try for GA tomorrow morning with my Boots code and then try for two behind the stage with the Coliseum code (if that's even possible). :hyper:

That's awesome. It was so long ago I barely remember it but I went on 11/14. I remember having to BEG my parents to drop me and my friend off at 7am so we could wait in line. It's such a trip to think about how different things were back then. The stage, was just a stage. Nothing fancy. And the GA was just a mosh of a million people. When the opening act came on (Bo Deans and Pretenders ha) everyone pushed to the front and we got smashed so we ended up having to go backwards to breathe. After waiting all day! It seems like the last few tours people have been much cooler about personal space, plus the circles, ellipses and hearts help because then its not just one big area that everyone needs to get to the front.

I've rambled but you just brought back some memories.

I like the ramble!

I was 19. I missed the Bo Deans. I hung out at the soundboard for the Pretenders set. I remember when the Pretenders came out for their encore Chrissey Hynde said something like, "we're going to continue with our second set," and some people freaked out and started booing. She was just messing around. I dug the Pretenders set!

Made my way up to about halfway between the stage and soundboard for the U2 set. It was a large mass of humanity! Face value of the ticket...$19.50! :drool:

Another time, another place...

Good luck to the Boots and Magnificent groups today. :hyper:

The countdown starts - only 7 1/2 days...I mean weeks....oh wait, I mean months...:doh:

Yay! I easily got two GA. I'll wait until later on how to deal with being short and doing GA well.

I went back in to Ticketmaster just to see what I could get in $95 range for behind the stage. I had these kind of seats to Boston and they were very good. I used the code sent to me last week when I renewed by subscription and it said I had used it all up! I forgot that I had actually used the Sam Boyd Stadium code for my recent Vegas tickets so I had two left on my old code. Apparently, my old code was used for these Oakland tickets today. I know other U2.com subscribers have had some beef with U2.com so could someone please provide me with a phone number so I can talk to a human about getting my new code? I'm thinking about going to Philly or San Diego (if it materializes) so I'll need it.

Didn't realize that they had changed the pre-sale time to 7 am pacific, but, I still managed to nab a GA ticket! I want to eventually get one more, but I just don't have the money right now to do that, so I guess I will worry later as to how I'll get a second ticket.

Oakland 2010 here I come!!!

I'm in! 4 GAs!!! Bringing the husband this time. I think he'd rather have seats, but I told him the pit experience was so awesome that he just HAD to try it once. He'll be thanking me later...:sexywink:

:happydance:

WOOT! We can double date! Mr.Z and I will be there too. He loves doing GA but isn't sure he wants to line up at 6am again. He gets dehydrated pretty easily.

Does anyone know how early BART runs? Pretty early right? Still dark early? Like 5am?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom