June 16, 2010 - Oakland Coliseum - CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, here is a photo of the coli with the football seats out, it really does help immensly as it will push the middle of the stage (main stage, ie the only one they really use this tour) to about 2nd base . Think at this point for seats the areas around the dugout are the best for your $250..the football seats as we call them, the roll outs behind the stage will be good as well, there is a ton of them back there. In a funny way, since its football layout this is the equivalent of taking the stage and turning it. Like if you were to compare it to soldier field, it would be like having the back stage at one 50 yard line and pointing out toward the other 50, not endzone to endzone. What it also means is that there will be huge GA behind the red zones and the seats on the direct side will be mile away..Bono will be standing about where that little tiny dude on the cart around 2nd base is

coli.jpg

You think its going to be football setup? The seating chart from TM kind of looks like a baseball setup.

the map on ticketmaster clearly shows football setup, as if it didn't there would not be seats in the middle in the back, those seats are all added in by crane. Problem is, ticketmaster maps have been wrong before, and if they dont use the football seats you can see it allows them to start the backstage, steps up to stage area about another 40 yards back like they do in Toronto. Its actually a combo of football and baseball, its basically the baseball setup on the sides with the football seats pulled out. normally for football sections like 125-128 and 107-110 have some seats in the corners eliminated that will be out for the concert. the four center sections of the football pullout seats are all temporary, if they are not there, the backstage area starts flush with the luxury suites you can see about 50 rows off the field

Oh I'm so glad to find out a few days about Oakland after I canceled the Vegas show...much easier to get to. I think I'm going for GA and maybe grab a seat if I change my mind.

Does anyone know how much it holds or does that depend on the setup?

You think its going to be football setup? The seating chart from TM kind of looks like a baseball setup.

You would think it would be baseball setup since it is middle of the season. But A's don't have a game until the 21st, so I guess coliseum could be in any setup.

Oh I'm so glad to find out a few days about Oakland after I canceled the Vegas show...much easier to get to. I think I'm going for GA and maybe grab a seat if I change my mind.

Does anyone know how much it holds or does that depend on the setup?

it depends on setup....for football it is only @ 63,000.

If they add a 2nd date, I will consider going. I don't really want to fly across the country for just one show. It's a longshot, but if there's 2 nights and I go, I'll be in GA one night and seats with mom another. :up:

I know nothing about Northern CA at all. How far away is this from San Fransisco? If the show is on Wed and I want to get to SF on Monday do I have enough time to do some minor sightseeing and then get to the show on Wed?

Hmmm, seats do look really shitty here. I think GA might be the way to go, even though I wanted side seats. But to pay 575 bucks for 2 side seats and have them a mile away is pretty lame.

YAY! Im so stoked they are coming to the Bay Area! Hoping for a 2nd show! :hyper:

Thanks for the info. Last time I was there it was 1987 for the Joshua Tree tour so I dont remember much what it looked like.

I was there for the JT shows as well! :up:

trying to figure out if I can swing a California trip next June!

I am so glad they are coming to Oakland as it is MUCH closer to where I live than L.A. I didn't get to meet any interferencers in L.A., so hopefully I will get to meet you some of you there!:wave:

Yay I'm so happy for sicy! I would love to do this one, not doing presales though. Hope I can catch a GA later down the line.

Anaheim for sure! I would love Seattle or Denver too :hmm:

Who's doing presales today? :crack:

Yay I'm so happy for sicy! I would love to do this one, not doing presales though. Hope I can catch a GA later down the line.

Anaheim for sure! I would love Seattle or Denver too :hmm:

Who's doing presales today? :crack:

3 p.m.!

Just got two GA's!! YAY.. I didn't like the seats I got this last time around, although Vegas Guest Services did take good care of me.. I figure I won't take a chance.
This time hubby gets to go with me.
I'm so happy :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Then Seattle and Anaheim.. .. And it couldn't work better.. Although my hubby will think (know) I'm nuts.. since he works in Alaska he couldn't go to the last two shows.. and I went by myself, although I met up with awesome U2 fans, it will be great to go with him... we share great U2 memories, and songs that weave into our relationship.

I did GA for Elevation 2001.. and it wasn't bad at all. We lined up and we did the numbering system. There was one woman that was kind of OCD about it, but all in all it worked well.
Others may say it didn't work as well. I ended up about third row back and I lined up at about 8AM.
There isn't much in the way of amenities. There just isn't much in the way of water or food, so bring something to eat and drink. The hotels are crap around there.
Think pimps and prostitutes.
The hotels and shuttles will bring you to the entrance and drop you off. I think we stayed at Days Inn.

But remember that was 8 years ago. So the memory is a little off.. and I'm on a little high of just getting GA.

I would think GA would be the way to go.

SF is a ways away, and I would travel via BART.
We have been to many baseball games in the Oak stadium, and depending on seats, well it's just too far away to see up close. Although, it might be different with the 360 tour.

Family lives in Napa, so we will probably stay in Napa.
The Vertigo tour, we did seats with my niece who loves Bono and that was good, but someone was smoking pot, and it really ruined it for a little Catholic 10 yo girl.

Other than that... you know it's awesome! I've been seats and GA in that venue. This is just me, and GA was a better choice for me.

Dev, I can't believe I didn't see you at all this weekend :sad: We'll have to make up for it in June. I got 2 GA's so Mr.Z and I will make a week or so out of it. We'll be staying in SF a couple days and Walnut Creek (Romi!) a couple days with family. :hyper:

I still wish they were playing Stanford - that woulda been too cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom