June 16, 2010 - Oakland Coliseum - CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^I agree. When ever a second show is announced they add it on right away. Why would they wait for a few months?

Because its the Christmas season, and given a second show would be difficult to sellout, its best to wait until people have recovered from their Christmas shopping, like in February or March.

Take a look at Giants Stadium on POPMART. Both the first and 2nd shows went on sale in mid-February. 3rd show did not go on sale until May!

no second show at this point as far as the venue management company is concerned, and they are the one renting the stadium....did discuss the fiasco with the seating chart, evidently ticketmaster pays some company to do the charts for every single concert and venue, and while they corresponded with the venue and are normally reliable, they didnt understand the concept of the movable football seats and they would not be there during baseball season and screwed this chart up. But U2 was on such a quick timeline, they didnt have time to change it although they new it was wrong and would create confusion. So yeah, the setup is the same as the police, excpet no seats on the field, and the nature of the claw is it comes out much further...bono will be standing about the same place Rajai Davis does all season on the main stage if you want a visual. So if you go to A's games and look at centerfielder, thats what bono will look like

no second show at this point as far as the venue management company is concerned, and they are the one renting the stadium....

thanks for the info... that's what I had figured...

POPmart had a half-empty stadium for the second night so I don't think they want to do that again...

The Police - Oakland Coliseum - June 13, 2007

o0ch1x.jpg

^Had they started playing yet? They sold out Dodger Stadium (55,000 ppl) on that same tour. And the other 2 venues I saw them at were much better attended than that pictures shows, too.

that is a sad looking crowd. :sad:

The photo was shot three hours before The Police came onstage.
The concert was sold out, with 46,500 tickets sold in less than an hour.

The Police Reunion Tour was the top grossing tour of 2007.

I have to get a shirt that says "16th of June" for the show because I adore "Breathe" and am a nerd.

Just been thinking along similar lines. Do you think there will be a big cheer when he sings that line? Whatever setlist changes they make next year they've got to play Breathe that night.

Would a road trip from Denver to SF be feasible and worthwhile? Maybe with a stop-off in Salt Lake City?

^ YES!!!!!!! :hyper: I just looked it up. Its a pretty straight shot. The shortest route is to go just a little north to Cheyenne then get on the 80 W, which will take you through SLC and all the way to Northern California, merge into the 580 into downtown Oakland!

I approve of this post.

AND I adore Breathe - if you come up with a cool design, let me know.

I'm not a designer by any stretch, but thought maybe something simple like "16th of June" in white on a black shirt would be good. I'm sure there are artistic people here who could come up with something amazing for all of us between now and then.

And yay for Cathal and BC possibly joining the fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom