June 12, 2010 Invesco Field, Denver, CO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to Denver a few times. I've never been to the mountains and I'mlooking forward to a day trip.

I'm staying at the Hotel VQ like the rest of you guys.:hug:

I'll have a rental car to do a bunch of sightseeing. I want to take a nice, scenic drive through the mountains.

I also plan to visit the Red Rocks Amphitheatre- where U2 made history 27 years ago.:hyper:

I'm staying at the Hotel VQ like the rest of you guys.:hug:

I'll have a rental car to do a bunch of sightseeing. I want to take a nice, scenic drive through the mountains.

I also plan to visit the Red Rocks Amphitheatre- where U2 made history 27 years ago.:hyper:

I want to go there too. I'm planning on taking the GreyLine tour that goes there. It is only around $40.00 and goes to a bunch of places.

I think I'm going to fly in on the 9th instead of the 10th, if there is nothing between Anaheim and Denver to do some extra siteseeing.

I want to go there too. I'm planning on taking the GreyLine tour that goes there. It is only around $40.00 and goes to a bunch of places.

I think I'm going to fly in on the 9th instead of the 10th, if there is nothing between Anaheim and Denver to do some extra siteseeing.

We're making a road-trip of it. Leaving Anaheim the morning after and stopping in Prescott, AZ, Flagstaff, AZ and Grand Junction, CO before hitting Denver the day of the show. A long drive but looking forward to some of the sights on the way - Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Rockies.:hyper:

We're making a road-trip of it. Leaving Anaheim the morning after and stopping in Prescott, AZ, Flagstaff, AZ and Grand Junction, CO before hitting Denver the day of the show. A long drive but looking forward to some of the sights on the way - Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Rockies.:hyper:

Prescott's a little out of the way. Skip it and go straight to Flagstaff.

Warm-up band?

Does anyone have any real clues on who the opening act might be? I was blessed to be inside the circle at Sam Boyd last October, and the Black Eyed Peas were the perfect warm-up band for that show. Can't imagine we'll be lucky enough to have them in Denver, but would love it if they were.

I booked my flight from John Wayne to Denver today. I've decided to fly in on the 9th instead of the 10th.

Has anyone that has been to Denver before done any of the GrayLine tours?
I want to see stuff and figure since I've never been there before doing something like this would be my best bet (and I don't need a repeat of my Chicago).
I've heard a lot of these tours rush you through places, so I"m a bit leery.

Most tour places will rush you, I'm not to sure about the Graylines.

I live in CO, so I visit places on my own when I can with a couple friends or so.

Thanks, I figure it will be rush rush. Still have a while before I decide what I"m going to do. I'm driving in from Michigan, so I have the time to see places on my own, just don't want to get lost!!

hmm, having problems with hotels in Denver I live about 2hours away, but I'm not sure if I feel comfortable enough to drive alone in the dark after the show.

I was looking at hotels close to the stadium, since VQ? is booked, I'll have to go by myself somewhere else. My Dad doesn't like that idea, for safety reasons. I'll be happy to share with someone if I have to. I don't really want to have to drive home alone if I don't have to.

Unless I'll find a GA for face value for my friend, it could change, but as of right now, not looking to well on that :sigh:

Thanks, I figure it will be rush rush. Still have a while before I decide what I"m going to do. I'm driving in from Michigan, so I have the time to see places on my own, just don't want to get lost!!

Well I have an idea, just trowing this up for right now, I wouldn't mind meeting up for some of you and going to places and so on. Denver isn't that bad to get around. I'm better with knowing stuff around downtown and the stadium, not to sure after that, but it's not to bad. I never been to Red Rocks myself, and I've lived in CO for 16 years.

Plenty of hotels right around the stadium that aren't directly downtown. There are some off Speer Blvd on the west side of I-25. I know for a fact there is a Residence Inn there. I'll try to catch more of the names when I drive by later. I live only about three miles northwest of the stadium. Red Rocks isn't too hard to find, it's about a 30 minute drive from Denver (with no traffic). There's also a GREAT place for margs right near Red Rocks called the Morrison Inn. Anyone in the town of Morrison can show you specifically where the amphitheater is if you get lost.

Thanks for the info Bufftibbs for the info.

I was looking online for hotels a couple were on Colfax I probably spelled that wrong, and I know how to get from there to the stadium, I'm just in the Springs, so it's not a drive for me to get to Denver just don't want to be driving a lone in the dark after the show.

my Dad said that you can't really visit Red Rocks at all unless there is a show there, I'm not to sure on that one though.

my Dad said that you can't really visit Red Rocks at all unless there is a show there, I'm not to sure on that one though.

That's not true at all! It's the opposite, actually. The theather is closed on the day of a show, unless of course you have a ticket. But on days when there is not a show, they keep it open and you can drive right up, park, and walk right on stage. I run the stairs at the theater a few times a year. And I was out there with friends from out of town last February, we went hiking around the area and ended up inside the ampatheater. The museum was open that day as well.

i found out this weekend that my 20 year high school reunion is the 12th, so i'm going to have to miss the concert.

pfft....yeah, right :lol:

Denver's Invesco field might be the place for the rehearsals since they won't go to Mexico city to start the leg.

You don't think they will do that in Anaheim?[/QUOT

I think they'll have just enough time just to built the claw in Anaheim stadium,while in Denver, since it's a football stadium and that Broncos won't be yet at that time of the year there,they'll be able to rehearse as long as they want to.

Plus,haven't they stock the 3 Claws in Denver? I thought i read that somewhere.

Denver's Invesco field might be the place for the rehearsals since they won't go to Mexico city to start the leg.
I should call my friend who is the Director of Operations for Invesco Field...he would know.

I drove past the intersection of 1-25 and Speer Blvd. the other day and got a few more names of hotels there for anyone who needs them. You can walk to the stadium from there. There's a Residence Inn, a Budget Inn, Hampden Inn, and Ramada. They are also just a short cab ride (maybe $10 max) from LoDo and Larimer Square...which are fun places for eating/drinking.

Yeah, Denver sounds right. Anaheim and Oakland have baseball games close to concert dates (including the massive time span each stage takes). Haven't heard about the Claws being stored in Denver, but makes sense

SMB

I should call my friend who is the Director of Operations for Invesco Field...he would know.

I drove past the intersection of 1-25 and Speer Blvd. the other day and got a few more names of hotels there for anyone who needs them. You can walk to the stadium from there. There's a Residence Inn, a Budget Inn, Hampden Inn, and Ramada. They are also just a short cab ride (maybe $10 max) from LoDo and Larimer Square...which are fun places for eating/drinking.

Thanks for the info!

I would need a hotel that is walking distance, and won't kill my budget to much, I'm driving up from the C.S. ( Colorado Springs) and plan on staying the night before and of the night of the show, plus I wouldn't mind having one close so I wouldn't have to pay a leg and arm for parking.

I just booked another night VQ on the 9th. I'm now flying in a day ahead of what I orginally planned. I'll be in Denver the 9th-13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom