June 1, 2011 - Commonwealth Stadium - Edmonton, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
boosterjuice - be sure to scroll back a bit and read about fan parties at O'Byrnes on May 30 and show day if you're interested ;)

I read those. Sounds like fun. I'm traveling with a bunch of "non-interferencer's" though, so we'll see how it shakes down.

As kramwest suggested in the Winnipeg thread, I'm going to produce some U2-ey nametag labels and bring a sharpie for Mon/Wed nights so we know who's who - internet personas ;)

I will wave to you!
:applaud::wave:

We'll be sure to be waving our balloons..4 rows from the very top!!!! LOL We're right beside the stage though which is a good vantage point. The light show wil be fantastic from that height!!!! And i just care about being there to hear the music, and scream along with everyone else!! :D

Adams side a few sections over from the end!! :D I'm fretting about the view...but i'm sure it'll be fine!

2 more weeks exactly!!!!!!!

Hi everybody, I have some fun updates and can't tell you how excited I am to meet you all! 13 more sleeps! Everybody bringing their red and white balloons?
More info on Red and White Balloons:
http://twitter.com/#!/RedmontonU2

Ok some info about the fan gathering and fun events planned at O'Byrne's Irish Pub for U2 Week.

So on Monday May 30th we will be hosting "The beautiful day before" the biggest U2 party in town. There will be Karaoke so start practising in the shower. I'm calling dibs on AoH!
10616 - 82 Ave. 6 PM

As for the day of the U2 concert. O'Byrnes will be selling VIP Lanyards!

The VIP lanyard will entitle the bearer to:
~ A bus to and from O'Byrne's to the concert and back to O'Byrne's
~$4 dollar domestic beer's and high balls (all day of the concert)
~ guaranteed entry to O'Byrne's after the show.

The cost of the VIP lanyard is $10. This is an awesome deal and well worth if just for the drink specials alone. They will have these printed by mid next week but if you want one please email Paddy: mickypkelly@hotmail.com with the subject line: U2 VIP Lanyard and he will reserve a VIP lanyard for you.

:applaud:
I am so :hyper:

I wish I was still able to go to this show. I've always wanted to witness a U2 show in the daylight.:sad:

I wish I could be there on the 30th for the kareoke (I'd be claiming Stay, and maybe The Fly too, have done both before)...

I know earlier in the thread someone was suggesting an informal get together for the night before - if anything's decided please post it! I'm landing around 11pm Edmonton time, which is more than enough time to go to the hotel, check in, dump my stuff and head for a bar :wink: I want to party! *G*

Here they are... packages with instructions and balloons (didn't want to explain 50x lol!)

If you're in the Edge Red Zone with me, I'll be giving them out. :wave: :up:

Attachments

• Redmonto.jpg
    Redmonto.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 24
While waiting (a very long time) for a cab back to my hotel after the show last night I was watching the transports leave (taxi line was near their part of the parking lot) and had the wonderful thought that I will be seeing that same stage in Edmonton!

OMG, wait till you guys see the new video stuff (and a couple other surprises)! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom