June 03, 2010 - Rice Eccles Stadium SALT LAKE CITY, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the Claw touching down??

Sometime in the next two weeks. :) Trucks started showing up today--there are 8-12 of them in the parking lot already. Not sure how many total trucks there will be, but I know the entire parking lot will be closed off as we get closer to the show.

Michael

BTW, I found out today that gates open at 5:00 PM. Not sure if this was public knowledge or not.

Michael

I didn't make it to a 2009 show, so I have a quick question. If gates open at 5:00, what time do they stop selecting people for the inner circle? My wife and I are content to hang to the side of the floor (we have field level tickets), but if we at least had a chance of getting up close, that would be a bonus.

It's first come first serve. They let people inside the pit until it's full. Last leg you could get to the venue at 5-6 and still get inside the pit. Not sure how it will be this next leg.

14 days!!!!

no, it's named after one of the pioneers of salt lake city, richard "rice" eccles. he helped provide food during the great salt lake famine of the 1860s.

Close, but... Okay--not even close.

In 1971, Robert L. Rice donated $1 million towards giving the stadium (previously called "Ute Stadium") a facelift. When it was basically replaced prior to the 2002 Winter Olympic games, Spencer Eccles donated $10 million to the project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_Stadium_(Utah)

Rice–Eccles Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Michael

I think it's unlikely it'd be postponed for just one night tbh. Are you going to Anaheim, Alma?

I think I'll still use my flights to SLC anyway. I'll take my laptop and speakers and play Barcelona 1 from last year at full volume in the car park at 9pm on the 3rd June :)

I think it's unlikely it'd be postponed for just one night tbh. Are you going to Anaheim, Alma?

Yeah, I made that comment about postponed to the 4th because they haven't announced anything about postponing Anaheim shows yet. They didn't seem to make it a big deal, or maybe they're limiting the information given to us. Now people are running rampant with speculations on how back injuries will take months to heal and jeopardize the entire tour. :grumpy: If our U2 concert tickets were stocks, we'd be experiencing a major crash right now.

I was planning to go to SLC, then Anaheim. I'm looking at what options I have in canceling my flights. But I think I would have to pay big $ for change fees, so maybe I'll still keep my trips. :shrug:

I think I'll still use my flights to SLC anyway. I'll take my laptop and speakers and play Barcelona 1 from last year at full volume in the car park at 9pm on the 3rd June :)

:lol: :up:

Or you could rent a car and drive down to AZ :wink:

Anybody hear for sure if the stage is coming down yet? There's still a gap in the schedule between Anaheim and Denver. If they could squeeze it in there, could they leave the stage in place?

So frustrating. Even more frustrating is the news that the band was due in town next week for rehearsals.

Michael

yah... how about the stage?!!... did the crew stop working on it?...are they taking it down?... please SLC locals!, go take a look! :hyper:

I'm in shock by the way! :sad::angry::huh:

according to the video i saw yesterday. the stage wasn't even close to being put up yet. they had just laid the covering over the stadium grass.

according to the video i saw yesterday. the stage wasn't even close to being put up yet. they had just laid the covering over the stadium grass.

The grass was covered on Monday, and the stage was well on its way up. They made quite a bit of progress yesterday.

I'm only around a mile away from the Stadium right now, but sadly don't have the time or transportation to go take a look. :(

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom