June 03, 2010 - Rice Eccles Stadium SALT LAKE CITY, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that the main Stadium parking lot will be closed, presumably for the equipment trucks, etc. Be prepared to take your time leaving the show--traffic should be interesting. Lots of little lots all over campus to park on. I've worked on campus for almost 10 years and I'm still not sure where I'm planning on parking!

Of note: TRAX (light rail) will be free between the Stadium and University Medical Center. So if you're parking (or staying) somewhere along that route, hop on the train to get down to the Stadium if you don't feel like walking.

Michael

if the hotel (which ever one i stay at, that is) has a shuttle i may go that route. As for walking back, who knows?

which hotel would you recommend?

Funny, I still can't decide if I'm actually going to this show. I'd better decide soon, eh? Last week I told myself I'd sell the ticket as soon as it came in the mail. But now, since I"m not doing the Disney gathering in Anaheim, that buys me a little more time to get home and then to CA. :hmm:

Keep it!

My ticket may have arrived, who knows. I left for Australia on the 9th, & it hadn't arrived by then. Not returning until the shows,.... this is going to be a hassle :hmm:

Where did they get sent to? Your PO box? Any way a local could check for you?

Just priced flights - about $200, which is fairly do-able but still pretty spendy for me right now.

Keep it!

My ticket may have arrived, who knows. I left for Australia on the 9th, & it hadn't arrived by then. Not returning until the shows,.... this is going to be a hassle :hmm:

You might want to give them a call, or go to the Smithstix site, there was something there about requesting that they re-send the ticket, it sounded like that was very possible with them.

Yes - got my tickets today. Hey robbrecon72 - I'm in ABQ!! And going to Denver as well! We do have to take advantage of those shows close to home!

Yes - got my tickets today. Hey robbrecon72 - I'm in ABQ!! And going to Denver as well! We do have to take advantage of those shows close to home!

Very cool! Enjoy the shows! I just got my denver tickets today. I had to get them through stubhub, but i got hard tickets so they are the real deal.

Got mine too... I need to admit Smith's tix has some really nice service. Now to wait just 6 weeks for the show!

:wave: Howdy! Welcome to the forum btw.

I agree Smith's tix has been quite a welcome surprise. Also, it was over 6 weeks ago that we all bought our tickets and it seems like yesterday. So the next 6 weeks should go by fairly quickly.

With any luck...our group will be the first in the world to see some new songs performed live.

And then when we all get home from the show, we'll have a nice DVD to watch :up:

:wave: Howdy! Welcome to the forum btw.

I agree Smith's tix has been quite a welcome surprise. Also, it was over 6 weeks ago that we all bought our tickets and it seems like yesterday. So the next 6 weeks should go by fairly quickly.

With any luck...our group will be the first in the world to see some new songs performed live.

And then when we all get home from the show, we'll have a nice DVD to watch :up:

Thanks!.

I'm so ready for this show!. And also waiting for that DVD... I need to find myself jumping in that crowd hehe

Cya all there!.

my desert odyssey begins on Memorial Day and ends....the following weekend. Not sure where the journey will take me.....monument valley, arches, bryce canyon, SLC...

last fall / winter i was having dreams about these places. Now its only a few days from reality.

Hopefully the big saucer doesnt come for me as the sun disappears on the horizon and the stars compete with the moon for my attention.

then again, ive always been fond of grand exits...

my desert odyssey begins on Memorial Day and ends....the following weekend. Not sure where the journey will take me.....monument valley, arches, bryce canyon, SLC...

last fall / winter i was having dreams about these places. Now its only a few days from reality.

Hopefully the big saucer doesnt come for me as the sun disappears on the horizon and the stars compete with the moon for my attention.

then again, ive always been fond of grand exits...

ahh nice. Monument valley is awesome. I would love to have more to see what's around SLC, but I'm gonna spend just a few hours there hehe.

I'm planning to go visit Bryce Canyon NP the day after the show. Can anyone suggest a good lodging (safe and not too secluded area) preferably with easy access to I-15? Maybe anything within an hour or two from Bryce Canyon on the way to SLC airport?

It's probably very optimistic of me to do this trip within one day... My outbound flight is at 2pm on the 5th, so I figure I need to get there by 12pm at the latest, and I think it's a 5-hr drive from Bryce to SLC. If I can break up the 5-hr drive by staying someplace in between those 2 locations for the 4th, that would be ideal. I just don't know which area to choose. Beaver? Filmore? Is there even any lodging in those areas?

If anyone has a GA for SLC for sale please let me know. I thought I had a ticket lined up....but unfortunately now it's not. I already have my plane ticket. If anyone can help please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom