June 03, 2010 - Rice Eccles Stadium SALT LAKE CITY, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a dumb question anywhere but in Utah! I was looking at the stadium website and noticed that the stadium is "dry" as well. At least there will be no drunk jerks at the show. :)

It would be a dumb question anywhere but in Utah! I was looking at the stadium website and noticed that the stadium is "dry" as well. At least there will be no drunk jerks at the show. :)

Don't count on it. There were so many drunks at the Vertigo show that it took me by surprise. I think the many of the local people over compensate at this type of event for their normal repressive surroundings. The Vertigo show was where a woman in the ellipse kept raising her shirt everytime Bono would come by. Bono's reaction was quite funny. I remember one of the security guards saying to another, "here's comes Bono, watch out for the tit lady".

Don't count on it. There were so many drunks at the Vertigo show that it took me by surprise. I think the many of the local people over compensate at this type of event for their normal repressive surroundings. The Vertigo show was where a woman in the ellipse kept raising her shirt everytime Bono would come by. Bono's reaction was quite funny. I remember one of the security guards saying to another, "here's comes Bono, watch out for the tit lady".

Reminds me when seeing Metallica a few times. Put those away... Your too good for yourself. Have some respect for yourself. :giggle:

Yes I remember that incident Atlanta November 2004.:lol:

Remember you will have to pay a $5 to $20 membership to the establishment.

i dont know about that...

No Smoking in Salt Lake City Bars...

Private Clubs are a thing of the past.
As of July 1st, 2009... You walk into a bar and order a drink. Just like the rest of the country. Also, just like the rest of the country, you have to be 21 to enter. Verifying someones age is easier here. If you look younger than 35, they will ask for your ID. Preferably your drivers license. It will be scanned in seconds, and if it's valid, you're in.

i dont know about that...

No Smoking in Salt Lake City Bars...

Private Clubs are a thing of the past.
As of July 1st, 2009... You walk into a bar and order a drink. Just like the rest of the country. Also, just like the rest of the country, you have to be 21 to enter. Verifying someones age is easier here. If you look younger than 35, they will ask for your ID. Preferably your drivers license. It will be scanned in seconds, and if it's valid, you're in.

It's a Mormon tax but its used as a way to pay for a membership to go into the bar or club in the state of Utah. I've paid for it in 2006 in Park City Utah at Sundance Film Festival, & November 2nd and 3rd of 2008 at a local bar in SLC close to Denny's.

It's a Mormon tax but its used as a way to pay for a membership to go into the bar or club in the state of Utah. I've paid for it in 2006 in Park City Utah at Sundance Film Festival, & November 2nd and 3rd of 2008 at a local bar in SLC close to Denny's.

Mormon Tax? I'm starting to wonder if Super Fan is...

:coocoo:

Mormon Tax? I'm starting to wonder if Super Fan is...

:coocoo:

Haha.

My brother just moved out there.

Everyone above is right.

No more private club, no "Mormon" tax.

The culture out there is, however, in many ways, still dry!

Not a problem for me, but a word to the wise....

where are you people staying in SLC?

i need to consider booking my hotel....i fancy a presidential suite but might settle for a Holiday Inn or something

I have reservations at two places right now, I can always cancel one of them when I know my plans for sure. Hampton Inn Downtown or Marriott University Park. It all depends on whether I'm going to rent a car or not while I'm there. I think a few pages back someone suggested the University Park area because it's at the opposite direction than downtown SLC from the stadium, so it MAY be easier to get in/out of if you're driving.

How reliable is public transport in SLC? If it's anything like my town's, I'll need a car for sure! :|

I also have two reservations right now, one at the Marriott University Park and the other at the University Guest House. I'm probably going to stay at the University Guest House since it's less expensive and it close to the Metro.

My reservation is at the Carlton Hotel in SLC's center. Definitely not the most stylish place or party central, but clean, cheap with free full breakfast and airport shuttle, and a block from the TRAX to the stadium. I did look at University Guest House and it seemed quite nice, but it didn't seem convenient enough to most things except for the stadium and I don't drive, so...

I might take a couple of stabs at Priceline as the show grows closer but I will probably stay with this reservation.

No, but nobody has yet. The confirmation when we bought tickets said "Initial U2 orders will be processed and shipped via USPS on Monday, April 5."

I've booked a room at the University Guest House too. Close to the stadium, close to the metro & cheap. Not really fussed if it's a little further from downtown. Reviews on trip advisor give it 5 stars (although there's only 5 reviews).

Tickets being sent out around the 5th April may be a bit of a problem for me. I head back to Australia on April 9, & will only return just for the concerts. I'd better call smith's & see what they can do.

We have a list of well-reviewed Salt Lake City area hotels on our Rooms4U2.com website. For each one it shows driving distance and time (in normal traffic!) from the Rice-Eccles Stadium.

Marriot University Park looks to be the closets, which means i could leave the car there and walk to and from the show. Not sure what that means about any after show activities, if any.

Where is the Guest House you all speak of? i didnt see that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom