July 9th, 2010 Miami, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
to bonosbaby12....ok, please keep me posted on that. I looked into something earlier tonight & I found out that it was horrible even though it was only a few miles to the Stadium. Tampa was a breeze to get what I was looking for but this might be a bit more difficult. I will not stay in South Beach, did that in the past & I thought those Art Deco Hotels simply are not worth the money that I want to spend & Collins Ave is a Nightmare.

to bonosbaby12....ok, please keep me posted on that. I looked into something earlier tonight & I found out that it was horrible even though it was only a few miles to the Stadium. Tampa was a breeze to get what I was looking for but this might be a bit more difficult. I will not stay in South Beach, did that in the past & I thought those Art Deco Hotels simply are not worth the money that I want to spend & Collins Ave is a Nightmare.

Hi you can call me Shannon :)

Yeah Tampa was a walk in the park! I had that hotel booked within an hour of buying my GA tickets lol. Will do with keeping you posted! May take awhile but pretty sure going to be able to find something decent. Would love to do the Hard Rock but that's just too pricey for us. Putting extra money towards a rental car.

Shannon where did u guys stay at in Tampa? Lorraine & I stayed at the Embassey Suites Westshore Hotel.

:love:

Hm.... Miami. U2. The fact that my birthday is July 9th.... I think I may be making a trip to Florida summer 2010!

30505s.gif

holy crap. is that an accurate photo?
that seems....i dont know.
something about it just doesnt look right lol

Yes it is. I just logged onto the Ticketmaster website & that is the picture that they have displayed.

GA behind the Red Zone? :ohmy: The GA looks huge! :crack:

I am going to try my hardest to make this show. But I don't know if I can pull off Toronto and Miami. And if it comes down to it, I'm sticking with Toronto. However, I think it could work. Even if I'm living underground, eating from a can after spending the money. :wink:

With the Florida Marlins not moving into their new stadium until 2011, yes baseball will be going on in 2010 in this stadium, that is why the set up is completely different. The GA looks twice as large as it did in Tampa, looks like I am going for a seat this time. Shannon....Lorraine & I looked at getting into the Comfort Suites when we went to Tampa, but it was sold out & we had to settle for the Embassey suites which was nice, they even had a shuttle that took us over to the stadium.

i'm still thinking they are going to use the protective plating to cover the dirt infield so the whole field can be used.

guess we'll find out in anaheim

-dan

I'm between this and Chicago if I can travel. Would be nice if I could pull of both, but I doubt it. But I'm worried about transportation. I can't rent a car since I'm not 25 and I'd be with 3 Brits so they can't drive. And it sounds like you need a car to get anywhere. And Miami heat? :yikes:

Of course if I go, I'd forget about all of those negatives. :lol: I'm just weighing the pros and cons of either city.

Just saw this on the Landshark stadium site:
Press Release MEDIA ALERT

"U2 tickets go on sale November 9th through Ticketmaster. Miami Dolphins season ticket holders will be able to purchase tickets through a private pre-sale that runs from November 3rd through November 5th. For information on becoming a Dolphins season ticket holder, please call 1-888-FINS-TIX (346-7849)."

I'm between this and Chicago if I can travel. Would be nice if I could pull of both, but I doubt it. But I'm worried about transportation. I can't rent a car since I'm not 25 and I'd be with 3 Brits so they can't drive. And it sounds like you need a car to get anywhere. And Miami heat? :yikes:

Of course if I go, I'd forget about all of those negatives. :lol: I'm just weighing the pros and cons of either city.

If it helps I know Enterprise will rent to someone under 25, I think it costs more though.

"U2 tickets go on sale November 9th through Ticketmaster. Miami Dolphins season ticket holders will be able to purchase tickets through a private pre-sale that runs from November 3rd through November 5th. For information on becoming a Dolphins season ticket holder, please call 1-888-FINS-TIX (346-7849)."

Oh snap! My brother is a season-ticket holder!! Time to make amends! :lol:

So if Dolphins season ticket holders get their pre-sale on November 3rd, do U2 subscribers get it the same day?

I'm thinking 3 U2.com presales will happen starting next Tuesday, two of which are Miami and NJ (both based on information regarding the venue presales) and probably one other show.

U2.com will probably post something at the last minute (as usual).

I'm thinking 3 U2.com presales will happen starting next Tuesday, two of which are Miami and NJ (both based on information regarding the venue presales) and probably one other show.

U2.com will probably post something at the last minute (as usual).

i'd add denver to the list, since their public sale is the 6th

-dan

May have already been said but. . .are they mental? As if Tampa in October wasn't hot enough -- Miami in July is suicide! Enjoy, I'm heading to Denver!

Come on man, it's only for 10 hours... Wouldn't you suffer that to be front row in the inner circle?

"If I could, you know I would"

I'm between this and Chicago if I can travel. Would be nice if I could pull of both, but I doubt it. But I'm worried about transportation. I can't rent a car since I'm not 25 and I'd be with 3 Brits so they can't drive. And it sounds like you need a car to get anywhere. And Miami heat? :yikes :

Of course if I go, I'd forget about all of those negatives. :lol : I'm just weighing the pros and cons of either city.

:lol: Same as DG. Heat and lack of public transport put me off compared to Chicago. :sad:

I only passed my driving test in UK a year ago and would be terrified to drive in USA. :reject::lol: Since our other friends are considering Chicago I might go for that as it has actual public transport, sad I won't set to see our Foxborough :wink: girls though. :sad::sigh:

Also being so near all the theme parks but not being able to afford enough holiday leave to do them all would annoy me no end. :crazy::reject: I guess one day I will eventually manage to get to Florida. :sad::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom