July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In need of advice!

Hi everyone!:wave:

I apologize in advance for the long post! I am going to the Montreal show on July 8th with my best friend and 3 sisters. We all have GA's, and are driving from Barrie, ON (about 7 hours away). I was just wondering if I could get some advice regarding a few things as I'm the one left to organize the trip lol.

-We want to get a great spot, so we are all planning on camping out (if it is allowed) if not, then what would be the best time to arrive in line? Also, I noticed that there is no parking at the venue, so my question is will there be parking lots available off site? We were hoping to be able to drop our blankets, etc.. off in the car before heading into the concert.

-Hotels: If we can camp out the night before, we won't need one until the 8th. My question is, where is the best place to get a hotel? Walking distance would be great, but if we have to drive a bit, that's okay as well.

-Cameras: Are you allowed a camera into this venue? I have a small point and shoot as well as the Olympus Pen E-PL1. I would love to bring my Olympus as it shoots beautifully, but also wouldn't want it taken away.

I apologize again for the long post, but I would appreciate any advice that could be given. We're huge U2 fans, and cannot wait for this show!!

Laura

You're rather late booking a hotel now, don't think there'll be rooms available nearby.

Small cameras are allowed but lenses that you can take off or big professional ones.

i'm from barrie too, but considering VIA train to downtown MTL from Toronto. It may be best to take the subway to the closest stop to the Hippodrome, this way you can still arrange to do something downtown afterwards. bars close at 3am.

You're rather late booking a hotel now, don't think there'll be rooms available nearby.

Small cameras are allowed but lenses that you can take off or big professional ones.

I figured I would have a difficult time now getting a room nearby. I was just surprised with the tickets yesterday, so I didn't have any advance notice in order to book earlier. I guess I will just have to see what's available.
Thanks! :)

i'm from barrie too, but considering VIA train to downtown MTL from Toronto. It may be best to take the subway to the closest stop to the Hippodrome, this way you can still arrange to do something downtown afterwards. bars close at 3am.

I hadn't considered that, so it may be an option for us! We would just have to figure out what to do with the items we bring to the GA line. Thanks for giving me another option to look at!

If you don't/can't camp out, the usual time to show up to be in the first 200 or so is 6 or 7am. Then, in my experience, there's another group of ppl who show up around 8am. Then another big chunk of people around noon.

the GA area is enormous. I will park my butt in front of Joe and Willie this time around.

See you there. :hi5:

After Winnipeg last night, I can't believe how much my body has aged since the last shows in 2009. :angry:

Where are my experimental stem cell shots for sore U2 concert knees and backs?

What time did you arrive again??:lol:

I'm actually feeling pretty good today. I just took 2 advil after the show and went to bed. It was nice to meet you Mark!:wink:

What time did you arrive again??:lol:

I'm actually feeling pretty good today. I just took 2 advil after the show and went to bed. It was nice to meet you Mark!:wink:

It was compounded by too squishy of hotel beds and too long of car rides (although having heated seats now is awesome :heart: ).

Great to meet you. Next up Montreal for us! :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom