July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kramwest1 said:
I should clarify that I'm talking outside of the pit on the rail front and center. That seems to be the best of both worlds, plus less neck strain.

Yes, that's where everyone has been saying is awesome and I should try. Neck strain is definitely an issue with the inner front rail (not so much the back) because the stage is very high and I'm only 5'4".

KristenCaNaDiAn said:
Exactly how I feel :hi5:

Lights < Bono leather :shifty:

:lol: :hi5:

Ms The Edge said:
I'm kinda the same about being up close. I'm super into local music, so my normal concert experience is being right up under the stage dancing and then hanging out with the band for drinks after. A big part of the experience for me is being right up there in it, where I can see fingers on guitar frets and the expressions on faces. Sure, sound might be better farther back, but I feel like the magic happens up close. (Also, I am a giant nerd.)

Agree completely, especially with the whole expressions on faces thing. Seems to be the most intense and magical place, up close. I'm also not so much fussed with perfect sound as much as the energy and connection and stuff.

Also, I always worry that the farther back, the higher the possibility of someone not knowing a song and making me feel all shocked and saddened for them :lol: In 2009 when I was on the rail, everyone was singing along to YBR. When I was in the stands, they were all sitting down with vacant expressions on their faces :slant:

westendgirl said:
Look what I found: La Banquise, 994 Rue Rachel Est, 514-525-2415, La Banquise - Poutine. Open 24 hours. Twenty-five varieties of poutine, $6 to $13.

The idea of Poutine has been grossing me out, honestly- mostly because of the whole cheese curd thing :crack: But looks like they would have varieties that I could eat my weight in!

You all can have the back rail or front outer rail. I want leather.:drool: Lots and lots of leather. Kristen and I got our Bono moment, and I loved having no one in front of me. I may go for outer rail in Montreal, just because I think the pit will be nuts. That being said, I know that nothing will compare for me to that front rail. My husband loved it too, so it isn't just a pleban thing.

Eye contact ftw!!:shifty:

I saw the lights in Vegas. It was amazing, but I love seeing the band up close and not on the screen.

Just my opinion. I wouldn't do red zone. They don't come by that way enough.

The idea of Poutine has been grossing me out, honestly- mostly because of the whole cheese curd thing :crack: But looks like they would have varieties that I could eat my weight in!

What's wrong with cheese curds? You don't eat cheese? Because if you do, the only thing different is word "curd." It's cheese that's processed a little different. But it tastes the same.

romi said:
What's wrong with cheese curds? You don't eat cheese? Because if you do, the only thing different is word "curd." It's cheese that's processed a little different. But it tastes the same.

I do eat cheese, but not all kinds. When I saw the picture, the cheese 'curd' on the poutine looked like cottage cheese, and I can't even swallow cottage cheese. But if it's nothing like cottage cheese then I may like it, I don't know.

Guess I'll have to try!

I don't do cottage cheese either. Good point. But cheese curds are just like little pieces of normal cheese with smooth edges. They melt a little in the poutine.

Okay, finally booked a room. Talk about under the wire. I hemmed and hawed for a month about where to stay. My patience paid off. I got a room at the Quality Inn right across from the venue. :happydance:

how much was your room?

It was almost $400 USD for Thurs and Friday. We're only going to the one show. We came close to staying at Best Western on Peel Street. I was just about to book when I thought, "well - let me try QH on their website." I was really shocked because it'd be sold out for weeks.

Hi everyone!

I see that the Montreal thread is quite popular. Me and 3 friends are going to Montreal for the Saturday show, and planning on staying Friday and Saturday night. Can anybody recommend a good area to stay in Montreal? We want somewhere where is close enough to the nightlife that we can walk, so we don't have to worry about drinking & driving. I tried looking up hotels, but I'm finding it confusing because I don't know what the vicinity to the party areas are in most cases. Is there a hotel where a lot of U2 fans are staying in, maybe we can try to stay in that one. Are fans going to meet up pre/post show?

Also, for those of you staying near the stadium, why did you choose that over staying near the city? I heard the stadium is about a 10 minute drive from the city.

This will also be my first time in GA, so I was wondering if anyone can give me tips on what time I should show up to wait on line, etc. Would you rather travel around the city and then get in the GA late, or would you rather line up early and sacrifice seeing the city? How is the view from all the way in the back of the stadium?

Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks for the replies!

Also, for those of you staying near the stadium, why did you choose that over staying near the city? I heard the stadium is about a 10 minute drive from the city.

I think most of us that are staying right by the stadium picked that location so we can just walk back to the hotel after the show- traffic is expected to be seriously insane.

I remember when we were a year away. 2 weeks...this is awesome!!!!!!!!! :yippie::happydance::cabbagepatch::panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom