July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote go late for Montreal 1 so we are rested, and line up for Montreal 2. We can sleep on the train to Toronto, so we will have that time to relax and recover. I am serioulsy hoping that they do in Montreal what has been done at other shows, and just have people sign in and check in at 6 am. In Winnipeg they didn't do this for us, but they did for others!:angry:

I am TOTALLY agreeing on this. Right now, seeing the setlist from last night, it's 100% worth lining up right after n1.
And it gives us some more sightseeing time the first day :)

If they don't do that system, we can just go out by groups of 2 every now and then to go to the hotel room for a shower or a nap or so. I doubt people would mind that if we're all there. We're a big group.

I'm bringing ponchos for if it rains. Plus I have a huge plastic tent blanket(for lack of better word) that we use here to put on the grass and then you put your tent on that. I will bring it, it's 8x4 meters or something, so if we can hang that on something we'll all stay dry.
And it's bette than doing it with trashbags. :angry: Cause if you don't tie them well they'll end up bursting all over you.

We could. That would be awesome. :mac: Who brings the cardboard?

But yeah, we did that in the GA line in Hannover. Sadly I sat on the point where it all collapsed. :crack: Cold shower, all over my pants and shirt. Shirt wasn't too bad, but I was wearing cotton 3/4th pants. Thank god we found a swimming pool a bit further where I managed to put them under the hand dryer. And for the Dutch Flag I brought, it served nice as makeshift pants.

well, for me i will be there for night 1 in MTL and will be at the Toronto show. i hope Toronto will be like a night 2 for MTL.....

and it's appearing more likely i will be taking the thursday 9am train from TO to MTL, seeing as there really is no need to drive in downtown MTL. no right turns on red folks.

So happy that you got to experience Anaheim 2. So, what did you think of the pit?:wink:

I think the Red Zone is the way to go. That's what I think of the pit. :wink:

It's fun to see the guys close-up, but you really miss out on the full show. Honestly, and I think most people know this now, one of the best spots or maybe The Best Spot is front and center outside rail.

hi all - sorry if this has been answered already (only have limited time to check the threads)...but does anyone that's familiar with the Hippodrome have any guesses as to where the GA line will be? Like would there be semi-sheltered or shaded areas along the building?

thanks!

hi all - sorry if this has been answered already (only have limited time to check the threads)...but does anyone that's familiar with the Hippodrome have any guesses as to where the GA line will be? Like would there be semi-sheltered or shaded areas along the building?

thanks!

The multi-billion dollar question for the PLEBANS here. :lol:

It's fun to see the guys close-up, but you really miss out on the full show. Honestly, and I think most people know this now, one of the best spots or maybe The Best Spot is front and center outside rail.

I always liked being against the back rail. Everyone pushes forward at the start of the show. You are right there for ramp action. I was there for 2 Vertigo shows and fairly happy with that.

I always liked being against the back rail. Everyone pushes forward at the start of the show. You are right there for ramp action. I was there for 2 Vertigo shows and fairly happy with that.

100% agree! Did back rail on Adam's side for Toronto '09...less crowded, and there's plenty of ramp (and bridge) action. Plus I even ducked out for a bathroom break 20min before showtime and made it back to my spot :)

Ms The Edge said:
Rain is my biggest fear! (Um, for Montreal, not in general.) A little light sprinkling is ok, but a major downpour would BLOW.

In general, a wet Val is a very sad Val indeed. I don't mind if it rains during the show at all, but if it rains while we're in line...:yell:

MAJOR BLOWAGE.

Ms The Edge said:
GG- I have this hilarious mental image of all of us crowded under the plastic blanket, with a little cardboard "FORT PLEBA" sign stuck to the front. :lol:

:lmao:

kramwest1 said:

See, I've noticed most peoples arguments for not-the-pit is that you can see the Claw and the lights and all that jazz. Thing is, to be honest, I don't care about all that :lol: I saw it all from seats once. I just want to be as close as possible every time :D

That being said, I should try outter rail once since eveyone reccomends it highly for catwalk action :yes:

GraceRyan said:

I also love this spot. You're really close and get the squished-ness and crazyness of the pit, plus catwalk action and of course, the rail to lean on.

Not sure what it would be like to stand like a sardine for all those hours with nothing to lean on...

See, I've noticed most peoples arguments for not-the-pit is that you can see the Claw and the lights and all that jazz. Thing is, to be honest, I don't care about all that :lol: I saw it all from seats once. I just want to be as close as possible every time :D

That being said, I should try outter rail once since eveyone reccomends it highly for catwalk action :yes:

Exactly how I feel :hi5:

Lights < Bono leather :shifty:

I'm kinda the same about being up close. I'm super into local music, so my normal concert experience is being right up under the stage dancing and then hanging out with the band for drinks after. A big part of the experience for me is being right up there in it, where I can see fingers on guitar frets and the expressions on faces. Sure, sound might be better farther back, but I feel like the magic happens up close. (Also, I am a giant nerd.)

Look what I found: La Banquise, 994 Rue Rachel Est, 514-525-2415, La Banquise - Poutine. Open 24 hours. Twenty-five varieties of poutine, $6 to $13.

I am instantly a fan of anywhere that a) will feed me 24 hrs a day and b) has a poutine named after a dinosaur.

ETA- OMG, you can order "one slice of cheese" from the kid's menu! That makes me oddly happy.

I'm kinda the same about being up close. I'm super into local music, so my normal concert experience is being right up under the stage dancing and then hanging out with the band for drinks after. A big part of the experience for me is being right up there in it, where I can see fingers on guitar frets and the expressions on faces. Sure, sound might be better farther back, but I feel like the magic happens up close. (Also, I am a giant nerd.)

Me too, I like seeing all the action and stealing all the tricks :D.

About the poutines... I'm getting the Poutine Mart just to keep it U2-tour-style.:wink: Actually, it has meat, nevermind. My body is gonna hate me after these shows (no/little sleep, constant jumping, anxiety, fried foods, beer, Timmie's Ice Caps :drool: ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom