July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean instead of a Thursday night meet up? I'd like to do dinner or apps or something like that earlier Thursday (maybe 6 pm) and then get back at a decent hour. However, you are one of the few who saw me immediately after my encounter with the leather in Winnipeg:shifty:, and it was fun swapping show stories with you! :wink: I'd be up for that again too!

Is there a definite Thu. night meet up?

I'd love to meet up with people on the Thursday.

Or if there's anybody that isn't going to the Friday show (like me), I'd be up for something that night too! :D I kinda think I'm the only one from here that's doing just the one show, though. :giggle:

I'm down for the Thursday meet up. I don't know that many bars/pubs near the area, though. And somewhere on Crescent or St. Catherine may be kinda far, it would take like 25 minutes to get to the Hippodrome (if you go by metro).

1 Month - 2 days. The anxiety is killing me :hyper:

i was looking at the newest evenko video on their website and it shows a blueprint of the field. from the looks of things the soundboard is going to be about 3/4 the way up the field toward the stage (about 1/2 way down the long bleacher sections). given the size of the soundboard, do you think that it's going to be obstructive to the roughly 25,000 people standing behind it?? :(

IMG_2079.jpg

I finally watched that last video with the diagram... AND having been there and walked around the track last year, I don't see how 40,000 people can fit in that GA. The whole stadium is just half the track. According to that diagram, it looks much more like the size of a typical show.

Is that tailgate party going on Thursday night?? Maybe we could all meet up there :hmm:

Tailgate party starts up at noon on the days of the show!

Someone who knows the area could suggest/plan something. I've never been, so I have no idea. An early start would be good for us that may be lining up for GA in the morning!

Tailgate party starts up at noon on the days of the show!

Someone who knows the area could suggest/plan something. I've never been, so I have no idea. An early start would be good for us that may be lining up for GA in the morning!

Yeah an early gathering is definitely a good idea :up: I'm sure we can find a restaurant close by.

Actually this one is right beside the Timmies near the Hippodrome:

Bâton Rouge Décarie | Find the restaurant Bâton Rouge Décarie

According to the seating chart there is no one behind the boards

i understand that's the case if you look at the seating chart that has been passed around for over a year, but if you look at the new evenko video at about 9 seconds in you'll see the official site blueprints and i believe that there is a ton of floor space that is going to be behind the soundboard. if that is the case, won't there be a fairly substantial obstruction?

regarding the seats in the stands behind the soundboard, there should be no problem as these are quite a distance behind the soundboard.

I'll ask here... Did the soundboard tent get bigger than in N.A. in 2009?
I don't remember it being that big, and I stood by it for 2 shows.

Nothing to do but bask in it. These shows will be epic.

As crazy and clusterfucky as all of this sounds, I really think it will end up being a fun sort of madness. :hyper:

The more I think about all this, the more excited I feel!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I am hoping that the weather will hold out for us!!!:pray: I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like if it was pouring rain!!!:|

Yeah an early gathering is definitely a good idea :up: I'm sure we can find a restaurant close by.

Timmies...:drool::drool::drool:

I actually liked the menu at Baton Rouge. I know that they advertise a lot on Montreal radio... I noticed they had three Montreal locations including one downtown.

KristenCaNaDiAn said:

Is that the place we ate at after searching the entire city for a normal restaurant? :lol:

Katiesheb said:
I am hoping that the weather will hold out for us!!!:pray: I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like if it was pouring rain!!!:|

Noooo don't even say it :scream:

The more I think about all this, the more excited I feel!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yes, it's best not to even think about it. The last show I endured in the rain (not pouring rain, but misting all day) was Dublin in 2005. Do you think I even cared??? :no:

I'm starting to freak out. No taxi service to the hippodrome according to the gazette only buses have access. We are staying at a hotel by the airport. I'm a little worried how to get back. Have my daughter and younger nephew

I'm starting to freak out. No taxi service to the hippodrome according to the gazette only buses have access. We are staying at a hotel by the airport. I'm a little worried how to get back. Have my daughter and younger nephew

Patience is going to be the key. I think it is a good thing that they are going to regulate traffic so tightly. If cars and taxis aren't allowed, surely they know people will be needing to leave in all directions.

Regardless, this is going to be awesome. :happydance:

I has got absolutely sodden to the core a few times waiting in GA & during the gig and to be honest as soon as you see those 4 men come on stage i forgotten all about being wet :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom