July 8th and 9th 2011 - Hippodrome - Montreal - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too - my family and I were stuck with 4 nights at a hotel in Montreal, so we're going to see the sights - Old Montreal, La Ronde, International Fireworks Competition, Cirque Eloise, a smoked meat sandwich at Schwartz's.

Me too - my family and I were stuck with 4 nights at a hotel in Montreal, so we're going to see the sights - Old Montreal, La Ronde, International Fireworks Competition, Cirque Eloise, a smoked meat sandwich at Schwartz's.

I'm doing three of those things :)

Might I suggest you view the fireworks from the Jacques Cartier bridge. The bridge is closed for hours before and after the fireworks, and it's a really neat experience. You and thousands of other people will be able to view the fireworks and hear the accompanying music from one side of the bridge, with the moon and skyline behind you on the other side.

Quite a lovely scene if you ask me. Of course, you can view them from wherever you like, but for me the bridge is always the way to go.

Might I suggest you view the fireworks from the Jacques Cartier bridge. The bridge is closed for hours before and after the fireworks, and it's a really neat experience. You and thousands of other people will be able to view the fireworks and hear the accompanying music from one side of the bridge, with the moon and skyline behind you on the other side.

Quite a lovely scene if you ask me. Of course, you can view them from wherever you like, but for me the bridge is always the way to go.

you already have, previously :wink:
and I'm taking you up on your offer!

Thanks for the info :up:

I'm gonna do that for sure!

from interference, maybe! I know a couple other U2 fans still going, though. I refuse to feel sorry for myself by going to an empty field, though...

Yeah, we're going to give in to the urge to feel sorry for ourselves and go sneak around the Hippodrome...

Videos and pictures will result :lol:

We are still going to Montreal for 5 days. One day in Burlington too, it was cheaper to fly out of. I'm looking forward to seeing a new city and excited for maybe some warm weather. For sure going to be viewing the fireworks. I guess that was something we wouldn't have saw otherwise. Going to try some smoked meat and poutine as well.

We are still going to Montreal for 5 days. One day in Burlington too, it was cheaper to fly out of. I'm looking forward to seeing a new city and excited for maybe some warm weather. For sure going to be viewing the fireworks. I guess that was something we wouldn't have saw otherwise. Going to try some smoked meat and poutine as well.

where in cali are you flying out of?

arcata is nice. you grew up there or go to school up there?

I fly out of SFO on the 13th...

Both. Went to school and grew up there. Also spent some time at SF State.

I'm flying out the 14th. Red Eye connecting in D.C. It'll be a long day. But, the excitement of a new city will pull me through. Going to try to make the most of this trip :) Did Seattle after that show was canceled and had a blast.

I had more fun in anaheim than if there had been two concerts! we don't need U2 to have a great time :D

none that have been posted here...

if you guys want to do the fireworks together, we could all meet in the same place and walk from there....

My husband and I are still heading to Montreal next week, too. We just returned from Toronto last night. We had a fantastic time there-- I can't wait to return next year, the concert will be the icing on the cake!

Trying to figure out what to do in Montreal. I forgot about the fireworks competition until reading just now. Also thinking of seeing someone at Just for Laughs.

My husband and I are still heading to Montreal next week, too. We just returned from Toronto last night. We had a fantastic time there-- I can't wait to return next year, the concert will be the icing on the cake!

Trying to figure out what to do in Montreal. I forgot about the fireworks competition until reading just now. Also thinking of seeing someone at Just for Laughs.

:wave:

I was in Toronto this past weekend too. It was a bummer to see the Rogers Center without all the show hype but it was still a nice little trip.

Did you guys get to see the Tall Ships at the Waterfront? They were really neat :up:

We didn't make it down to the waterfront. Only saw them from the CN Tower, so they looked like miniatures. We took a walk around the Rogers Centre Saturday before going to see Elevation, which was disappointing (the empty stadium, not Elevation, lol). But... it looks like a great place for a show, so I'm excited for next year!

Hubby and I are still going--we just switched our reservation around so we''ll be there Friday-Sunday (instead of Thursday-Sunday). We're making it an early anniversary present to ourselves since Grandma is still watching the kiddies. We're staying at the Marriott Chateau Champlain and would love to meet up with anyone else going--how about a pint at one Montreal's Irish Pubs--I think Hurley's would be a good meeting spot. Anyone?:hmm:

Yeah, we're going to give in to the urge to feel sorry for ourselves and go sneak around the Hippodrome...

Videos and pictures will result :lol:

Please post so we can all dream about next year and strategize how we are going to get to the front of the stage or catwalk...:shifty:

For anyone that is interested about the Just for Laughs festival, Steve Martin and Cheech and Chong are suppose to be there among others...Would have kept the hotel reservations if we knew Steve Martin was headlining a show...they just announced it a couple of weeks ago.:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom