July 7, 8 - San Siro, Milan - Italy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Category 3 seats are still available this morning. Everything else seems to be sold out. U2.com is saying the concert is "sold out".

I got Gothenburg GA's late yesterday after initially selling out.

Trying Milan now, says tickets available but after selecting ACQUISTA ORA (Available) it says "Codice prodotto non valido o non abilitato alla vendita" (Not valid or not qualified code produced to the sale).

I wonder if there actually going to be a second show. The first one didn't sell out really fast...

How fast did Milan or Rome sellout in 2005? There is still no new information on ticketone.it A few hours back it said "Waiting for new tickets from supplier" but that has been removed.

Ticketone.it says now officially "sold out" for Milan I. I have GA tickets for that show, they were sold out quickly, seats were still available for a while. Same with both Amsterdam shows, seats are still available for both. I HOPE there will be a second Milan show and it will be announced soon.

Ticketone.it says now officially "sold out" for Milan I. I have GA tickets for that show, they were sold out quickly, seats were still available for a while. Same with both Amsterdam shows, seats are still available for both. I HOPE there will be a second Milan show and it will be announced soon.

So they are sold out - booh I attempted to register on that ticket site but couldn't find the UK (or GB, England etc) on the drop down menu when trying to register. Looks like I will have to go for a package then Mike:ohmy:

San Siro Milan, seating plan

I'm hoping to have better luck with the second date for Milan, but I need to work out the seating plan.

The ticketone site has no plan, so I can't use that. The most expensive seats are the 1st red ring (1 annello rosso). From the seat plan on seatwave, these look to be behind the stage, with no GA places between them and the stage.

U2 tickets at Stadio San Siro in Milan on 07/07/2009

The orange seats (arancio) on the 1st ring are cheaper, presumably because they are further from the stage, even though they are in front of the stage.

BUT this doesn't match the seat plan on u2.com or on the site that sells the packages:
http://360.u2.com/images/largevenues/lg_milan.jpg
Stadio San Siro, Milan Seating Plan

So according to the official plan on u2.com the orange seats are closest, but behind the stage. You can tell which side is which because the red side has 3 'rings' of seats - each side has 3 rings apart from the orange side, that just has 2. I've also looked at photos of the stadium and that shows that the orange side just has the 2 rings.

Does the whole stage move round, so it doesn't matter if you are behind or in front, or is it just the video screens that are all the way round?

I hope someone can help as I want to make sure I know what I am buying.

I'm hoping to have better luck with the second date for Milan, but I need to work out the seating plan.

The ticketone site has no plan, so I can't use that. The most expensive seats are the 1st red ring (1 annello rosso). From the seat plan on seatwave, these look to be behind the stage, with no GA places between them and the stage.

U2 tickets at Stadio San Siro in Milan on 07/07/2009

The orange seats (arancio) on the 1st ring are cheaper, presumably because they are further from the stage, even though they are in front of the stage.

BUT this doesn't match the seat plan on u2.com or on the site that sells the packages:
http://360.u2.com/images/largevenues/lg_milan.jpg
Stadio San Siro, Milan Seating Plan

So according to the official plan on u2.com the orange seats are closest, but behind the stage. You can tell which side is which because the red side has 3 'rings' of seats - each side has 3 rings apart from the orange side, that just has 2. I've also looked at photos of the stadium and that shows that the orange side just has the 2 rings.

Does the whole stage move round, so it doesn't matter if you are behind or in front, or is it just the video screens that are all the way round?

I hope someone can help as I want to make sure I know what I am buying.

1 annello rosso (red) are oppostite the stage (thats why they cost 170+ eur face value).

the u2.com and official San Siro plan are inverse put as you mentioned. the stands with 3 rings is opposite the stage.

San Siro is the only stadium wehre the stage will be actually in the middle of the stadium. In rest its more put in a place where you would have the goal / net for football.

I'll also try for GA tickets for Milan 2 on Friday. Does anyone know if the sale is starting at midnight again? I read somewhere that it will start on 10 a. m. for packages, but I'm not sure about the regular tickets.

Does anyone know if friday will be for pre-sale only, or also for general sale? I've already used my pre-sale code....

That link says that they go on sale at 10:00 at the ticket sale points, but they go on sale online at 00:01, just like they did last time.

That link says that they go on sale at 10:00 at the ticket sale points, but they go on sale online at 00:01, just like they did last time.

That's right. Link says general sale for Milan 2 starts on Friday, March 20, at midnight online and via phone. General sale in ticket sale points starts at 10. U2.com presale starts on Wednesday, 18 March.

TicketOne still only has an announcement of the first Milan date up.

Hi everyone, (everyone - EVERYONE - EVERYONE !!!)
I believe that I have scored tickets through TicketOne, but I got no e-mail confirmation, so I'm really not sure about it. The online registration seemed to have finished smoothly, though. Two questions if anyone knows:
1.- Shall I get the tickets by post ? The confirmation page said express post tickets. When should it be ?
2.- From the map linked by someone above, it seems that Anello Verde are seats, are they ? That was the only category left with sufficient places when I reached in the site, and as my wife is pregnant I would for once be pleased to avoid GA.
Thanks if anyone can help.

Hi everyone, (everyone - EVERYONE - EVERYONE !!!)
I believe that I have scored tickets through TicketOne, but I got no e-mail confirmation, so I'm really not sure about it. The online registration seemed to have finished smoothly, though. Two questions if anyone knows:
1.- Shall I get the tickets by post ? The confirmation page said express post tickets. When should it be ?
2.- From the map linked by someone above, it seems that Anello Verde are seats, are they ? That was the only category left with sufficient places when I reached in the site, and as my wife is pregnant I would for once be pleased to avoid GA.
Thanks if anyone can help.

You should definitely get a confirmation e-mail with a booking number, otherwise your order hasn't been going through. Check if you have inserted the right e-mail adress and also check your spamfolder. If you're unsure, write them an e-mail.

Could someone please confirm about this time. Does .01 mean first thing in the morning on the friday?

Yes, general sale starts Friday, March 20, one minute past midnight.

A second Milan show has officially been announced, it's also on ticketone now.

General sale starts Friday, 20 March, at midnight.

u2com presale starts for Horizon members today, March 18, at 10 a. m.
for Breathe members today at 3 p. m.
for Boots members tomorrow, Thu, 19 March at 10 a. m. and ends at 3 p. m.

Really? I haven't received mine. TicketOne says they haven't been shipped yet. Are you in Italy? Usually DHL should send me a notice when they are handed over the tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom