July 6th 2010 - Chicago Soldier Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Visiongfx

Acrobat
Am i just alone on this? Or is it not that important to post yet...

I made the show on the 13th this year, it was amazing but i don't know if one show next year will be enough to wait another four years... i really want to seem them twice next year actually...

Anyway discuss whatever? Is there really going to be just one date? Or is there a rumored second date anyway?

It will probably be just one date, based on what TicketBastard says. There's somewhat of a chance I'll be there.

Am i just alone on this? Or is it not that important to post yet...
I'll be there. Maybe people will get more excited about it when they actually get tickets. (Whenever that may be.)

Or maybe its just really tough to compare to the excitement generated by two nights and the North American opener this year.

If you're looking for a second show, try East Lansing, it's not a long drive from Chicago.

Depending on what friends of mine decide to do, it's between this and Miami for me. :hmm: Either way, I'm going to be broke next summer. :crack:

Woot woot, I'll be going to this show (providing I get tickets of course). My mom said she'll do GA with me--I'm a little afraid of how she'll react with the amount of people :yikes:. It'll be my first time doing U2 GA :up:. Also, according to my mom, she said she heard on ABC news that they'll add a second date based on how well this one sells? She's not a very reliable source though so don't quote me on it :lol:. I may try and swing East Lansing too

Thanks! I love chicago :) I live in Illinois though, and thats mainly why lol. East Lansing is a good 4ish hour drive, i considered it and considered newyork aswell just because of an end of the tour. Hmmm.... But then train cost... and all that.... Are all these towns pretty safe?

Woot woot, I'll be going to this show (providing I get tickets of course). My mom said she'll do GA with me--I'm a little afraid of how she'll react with the amount of people :yikes:. It'll be my first time doing U2 GA :up:. Also, according to my mom, she said she heard on ABC news that they'll add a second date based on how well this one sells? She's not a very reliable source though so don't quote me on it :lol:. I may try and swing East Lansing too
'

Yeah my mom came in and said from the radio that they are thinking of a second show too. And at first i was like... but they said only one date....

If we do get two... i might just stick with chicago and go twice...! But i do want to visit somewhere else too.

I was at 9/12 and 9/13! Loved Chicago! :D
Since there isn't a Boston date, I just bought a ticket to Toronto on 7/3/2010 and am thinking about adding Chicago on 7/6. :hmm:

assuming I can get tickets I'm in ... does anyone have any idea when they will go on sale, and is it worth risking the general sale, or should I renew my U2.com membership? I'm not exactly full of dolla billz at the moment. but it would be sad if I did not get tickets...I have to see U2 again this summer. Sept 12th was an amazing show, though I'm sad we just missed YBR. Wonder if they'll continue to play that next year... or if we'll have new songs by then...? that'd be awesome.

I priced out a trip from Boston to Toronto to Chicago and back to Boston. It's around $100 more than a roundtrip from Boston to Toronto would be, which was my original plan.

Chicago looks better and better. I had tentative plans to go to the shows last leg that never really got off the ground. Would love to be there this time around. If friends of mine decide to go, I'm in. :)

Do it. Soldier Field is in such a beautiful location too. It's totally worth visiting again.

Yup. Only the downtown hotel prices suck. But staying out by Midway or O'Hare is pretty affordable, and then take the train in.

M

No joke. I stayed at the Best Western by the stadium which was the most expensive hotel I stayed at the entire tour and it was a total flea bag. This was the only place I was actually looking for bedbugs. :lol:

Since Chicago is midweek, if I make the show, I'm definitely combining it with a business trip.

I'd love for there to be 2 nights again. If you read a little into what U2.com posted about Toronto and Chi, it really only said Toronto "one night only." It's wishful thinking, but... :hmm:

I priced out a trip from Boston to Toronto to Chicago and back to Boston. It's around $100 more than a roundtrip from Boston to Toronto would be, which was my original plan.

Chicago looks better and better. I had tentative plans to go to the shows last leg that never really got off the ground. Would love to be there this time around. If friends of mine decide to go, I'm in. :)

Ha ha ha!!! Been doing the same thing!
Just need to make sure I get a Chicago ticket before booking the flights!
:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom