July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB II: Camping Out For U2 ... For Real!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the fuck is Vic? that makes me want to get there now so when vic gets back from his zoo tent to find me in line, I can tell him to go fuck himself.

What's all this tarp talk. Is it supposed to rain?

Also, it's getting close and the reality of the 17 hour drive is starting to sink in. Serenity now!

Hey..are you comming from Toronto? I sent you a PM..I am not sure if I am going with U2Brother or not but I am taking the bus if all else fails but would love to tag along with ya if you had room for one more.

I am ticked about the list too but this happened in Toronto as well, its good in a way because you can be on the list, have your number and leave the line and people really really uphold the list so people who show up last minute can't bud in line.

The crazy thing is..at Toronto and I know it was a smaller venue but I was number 140ish..got my number the day before the concert and was told by the list holder that everyone was to be in the line up at 4:00am the day of the concert. After that happened the list was confirmed and our numbers were bumped up if people had not shown up and that was the final list, it went up past 500 or so. the crazy part is I had friends who couldn't show up until after 2PM and they didn't even get a number and still managed to be inner circle 5rows back from the front rail soooo my point is that yes its annoying people already have numbers but its the way this tour is going and we just have to make sure as soon as we get there we get a number and figure out when we have to be in line to have it confirmed then go have fun until they let people in.

Well, I think we have settled on the Pumphouse.
What time should we meet there?
Then, should those near the campgrounds meet before that time in the McD's parking lot and carpool?

7:30pm at the Pumphouse? By 7pm at McD's for carpooling?

What do you all think?

That sounds good..I am hopeing U2 fans will just stand out and we will know who everyone is..I don't have a license plate around my neck to wear..darn it!

Well, I think we have settled on the Pumphouse.
What time should we meet there?
Then, should those near the campgrounds meet before that time in the McD's parking lot and carpool?

7:30pm at the Pumphouse? By 7pm at McD's for carpooling?

What do you all think?

If I'm not doing anything I may join you folks.

And yes, the weather is calling for 10mm of rain.

Keep an eye on this site for weather, find they are the most reliable. Moncton, New Brunswick - 7 Day Forecast - Environment Canada

Some Questions

Does anyone know..where the Moncton Grey Hound bus is in town like how far from the camp grounds/concert and how to get from the bus station to the venue?

I should be getting there around 8pm on Thursday night if I take the bus leaving Toronto at 9:15PM.

And will any of you folks be in the area around this time on Thursday setting up tents? I might need some help!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't figure out tents! :lol:

I have a suitcase just for my sleeping bag, tent and air mattress. Oy. Everything else will have to go in a carry-on.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't figure out tents! :lol:

I have a suitcase just for my sleeping bag, tent and air mattress. Oy. Everything else will have to go in a carry-on.

yeah I am kind of freaking out now..I have never set up a tent alone and im hoping nice people will help! and i have no idea how i am going to lug all this stuff on and off the bus ..geeze..I am a really devoted fan roughing it like this...I should bring some bottles of wine so we can celebrate all of our accomplishments by Fri night!

Offically comming alone on the bus!

Okay so..U2brother is not going to make Moncton so I am offically heading out on my own taking the GreyHound bus. I leave Toronto WED night..tomorrow at 9:00 and will be hopefully in the right place Thursday night around 8:00. Will anyone be here at this time? I really hope so..I am kind of scared doing this..thrilled but scared.

So are we all meeting at McD's before hand at 7?

Let's do it. I think that makes sense. There may be some place closer to meet-up to carpool, but we've said McDonalds, so we should stick with that.
Assuming all goes well with our drive up and tent set-up, we'll plan on being at McDs at 7pm.

If people are closer to Moncton or just want to pop in, plan on being at the Pumphouse at 7:30pm. If it's too crowded there, we'll wait there or outside until about 8pm and then find somewhere else.

Sooo, what are the chances we'll get Bad? I know they played it last night because the inspiration for the song was at the show. Are we going to be in for a big let down if the last song really is MOS?

Are we going to be in for a big let down if the last song really is MOS?

Personally? Yes. :reject:

I know that's a bad way to approach a concert, but I'm being honest.

Vertigo Honolulu was so epic, that my expectations are huge. But, getting an Arcade Fire show outdoors on the Claw will temper any possible disappointment I feel.

The only thing that keeps me hopeful is that it has been on the set list a few times. I guess it will really depend on their mood that night - and if they feel blown away by the crowd or the fact that they won't be standing under that claw again. Add to the fact that they HAVE to know that they've really made people work for this one.

I keep praying that last night was sort of a dress rehearsal for what's to come. I've never been to a final tour show, so this could be interesting.

I was at the final Vertigo tour in Hawaii. And it was a whopper. That GA line was crazy also. I believe there were at least 6-700 people in line at 11pm the night before.

Righteousbabe,

The Greyhound, Acadien bus terminal is 15 mins to Magnetic Hill. Hop in a cab and tell em you are here for U2. I am sure they know that and will take you there.

Grace,

Just be happy with a normal show and a few extra tracks. There are many there who haven't seen U2 ever.

Oh I hope we get Bad and a 40 snippet as a closer

So we may make the drive up on Friday for the meet and greet. Just as an aside, how will we recognize each other? I'll be wearing a light blue ball cap if that helps anything lol

The claw this morning:
july271058am.jpg

So far it's calling for rain on Saturday :|

You might still get in with a DL. And I think there will be aplenty of tickets around.

However, its a 12 hour drive. Each way. And I think I'm too old for that. And yes I spendt my first night in Hawaii sleeping on a pool mat in a parking at Aloha Stadium. #losing

And you can still buy tickets from TM. Maybe if I was 25 instead of 39...

And I did my crazy U2 trip for 360 already. 3 shows in Dublin. Seems like ages ago, because basically it was.

Oh I hope we get Bad and a 40 snippet as a closer

So we may make the drive up on Friday for the meet and greet. Just as an aside, how will we recognize each other? I'll be wearing a light blue ball cap if that helps anything lol

So far it's calling for rain on Saturday :|

I may wear a hat with a wider brim for the show so I can shelter my camera. I'm glad I had Mpls. to prep me for the possibility of a rainy Moncton.

I'll probably wear my same blue Popmart shirt (lemon and grocery trolley) for the get-together.

If everyone is okay with trying to get together, how about a list, so we can try to be in touch:
(copy and add your name)

kramwest1 (Mark & Heather)

I was at the final Vertigo tour in Hawaii. And it was a whopper. That GA line was crazy also. I believe there were at least 6-700 people in line at 11pm the night before.

That makes sense since everyone had to fly in for the show so they were already there. Most people for this show aren't coming in until Thursday night through Saturday morning.

However, its a 12 hour drive. Each way. And I think I'm too old for that. And yes I spendt my first night in Hawaii sleeping on a pool mat in a parking at Aloha Stadium. #losing

That makes sense since everyone had to fly in for the show so they were already there. Most people for this show aren't coming in until Thursday night through Saturday morning.

The weather was pretty gorgeous though, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom