July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a frustrating go-around with my employer (feel free to laugh at me if you know what I am talking about), I was able to book my/our trip into Charlottetown.

We are doing the "safety buffer" thing too, flying in on the 28th and out on the 1st. There is only one flight a day into Charlottetown from JFK, and summers at NYC airports can be a bitch.

Question for anyone having been to St John's/NF - is it better to take the ferry and drive across the island or would you recommend flying? I'd love to see Gros Morne NP, or at least St John's(Signal Hill) but it's going to be more spendy that I thought. I'm planning on 8 days in the Maritimes and I'd love to see as much as possible. Halifax, Hopewell Rocks and PEI are definite - any other feedback appreciated!

btw - I plan on eating nothing but coffee crisp the whole time

The ferry ride to Newfoundland leaves from Sydney in Cape Breton in Nova Scotia and is a long ride. You'd be better off flying to Newfie and back. If you go get to Cape Breton, you need to see the Cabot Trail and Cape Breton Highlands National Park. I've been there 3 times now and love it - it's the most beautiful place I know.

Another treat, southwest of Halifax, Nova Scotia, is the beautiful town of Lunenburg. It's a UNESCO world heritage site - beautiful buildings and atmosphere. I spent part of my honeymoon there.

I'm starting to feel like a tour guide and ambassador for the Maritimes.

Here's a picture from the Skyline Trail on the Cabot Trail:
100_8312.jpg

Here's a picture across the harbour in Lunenburg:
100_3552.jpg

so since I have two tickets for this show (one seat and one GA), can I use both for this show? you know if I get tired of standing, I can always go to my seat. :wink:

I am in the right thread, right? ;)

Not 100% sure on the setup of this particular show but at all of the other hill shows - the entrance to the grandstand (VIP) sections was inside of the GA area so I doubt it'll be a problem to get to the grandstands if you get tired of standing in GA.

There'll probably be a special line at the Entrance Gate though for people with grandstand tickets that you might have to go through and get a bracelet or something though...

The ferry ride to Newfoundland leaves from Sydney in Cape Breton in Nova Scotia and is a long ride. You'd be better off flying to Newfie and back. If you go get to Cape Breton, you need to see the Cabot Trail and Cape Breton Highlands National Park. I've been there 3 times now and love it - it's the most beautiful place I know.

Another treat, southwest of Halifax, Nova Scotia, is the beautiful town of Lunenburg. It's a UNESCO world heritage site - beautiful buildings and atmosphere. I spent part of my honeymoon there.

I'm starting to feel like a tour guide and ambassador for the Maritimes.

Here's a picture from the Skyline Trail on the Cabot Trail:
100_8312.jpg

Here's a picture across the harbour in Lunenburg:
100_3552.jpg
BEAUTIFUL! :love:

Not 100% sure on the setup of this particular show but at all of the other hill shows - the entrance to the grandstand (VIP) sections was inside of the GA area so I doubt it'll be a problem to get to the grandstands if you get tired of standing in GA.

There'll probably be a special line at the Entrance Gate though for people with grandstand tickets that you might have to go through and get a bracelet or something though...

sweet. thank you. :up:

That second pic makes me want to go there and never leave. Just beautiful!

Can I say how much I envy those of you that can go? I look forward to hearing all about it!:D

Has anyone from the Maritimes who ordered their tickets on the first day of public sales (not the pre-sale) received their tickets yet?

Thanks.

Me neither. SO we are not alone.

Hopefully soon.

I bought my redzones during the first morning of presale and have not received any mail either. I know the tickets are pick up the day of the show...but correspondence stating I have redzones would be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom