July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camping, trekking through wilderness, and having to fight off bears, wolves and coyotes with Mark's hunting knife.

This is going to be quite a concert.

It sounds pretty cool, actually, haha. :D

I camped in two man tents in Alaska a few years back. Talk about total wilderness. It wasn't an official campground-just a place big enough to hold 1500 cyclists and 500 support crew during a charity ride. There was a freesh mountain goat kill nearby one of our sites, so 'tread carefully' to the port-o-johns :huh:

There is a Red Zone! Oh man. So tempting!:shifty:

ETA: and it is a Saturday!!!:ohmy:

I've never been camping, ever, so I'm excited to be doing this for the first time and seeing my favourite band at the moment (Arcade Fire) and U2.

My current favourite band is Arcade Fire. Saw them twice last summer and it was amazing.
You're also a Habs fan. We see eye to eye on many a things.

The idea of camping scares me, personally. :reject: "Camping" in a parking lot and actual camping are two different things...I think I'd rather sleep in the car :ohmy:

The idea of camping scares me, personally. :reject: "Camping" in a parking lot and actual camping are two different things...I think I'd rather sleep in the car :ohmy:

Honestly, I'm far more scared of other campers/people than I am of any animal, which still isn't saying that much.
If the weather is cooperating, I sleep better camping than I do at home.

Any advice on camping in the area?

I'm thinking of reserving a site on-line, since hotels are going to be crazy.

BTW--for the hotel-dependent, there are rental cabins in the parks.

I won't be staying at any of those trailer park deals near there. Probably will be within 20-30 minutes, somewhere up the coast a bit :up:

Just for those who are afraid of real camping: if you stay in a gated park, it's exactly like camping in a parking lot. You'll be perfectly safe.

Having said that, I've wilderness camped and park camped all my life, and the only time I've ever been approached by wildlife is in a park. Real animals don't approach humans unless extremely provoked, and I'm assuming that noone would be silly enough to leave food or garbage lying around.

I won't be staying at any of those trailer park deals near there. Probably will be within 20-30 minutes, somewhere up the coast a bit :up:

I was looking at those, but not many let you reserve online. There is plenty of time to change my mind, but for now...Booked!

You'll be fine camping no matter where you go, our animals are pretty good at keeping to themselves

If you'd like a more woodsy locale for camping, try Fundy National Park. They have great camping there and some magnificent views and are also not that far out of Moncton

Parks Canada - Fundy National Park - Camping

I was looking there, but am concerned that they might close the campgrounds at night. Traffic after the show could suck.

I was looking at those, but not many let you reserve online. There is plenty of time to change my mind, but for now...Booked!

I hear you and you know what that one you booked is practically walking distance. You'll be able to hear soundcheck! :up:

I'm just a more reclusive ocean front kinda guy when camping. ie no RVs close to me ;)

You'll be fine camping no matter where you go, our animals are pretty good at keeping to themselves

If you'd like a more woodsy locale for camping, try Fundy National Park. They have great camping there and some magnificent views and are also not that far out of Moncton

Parks Canada - Fundy National Park - Camping

Not a bad idea, but I'm thinking alot of people will be thinking the same thing, or heading back that way...what about Kouchibouguac? From Magnetic Hill probably an hour give or take, and not in the direction of traffic returning to NS, right? ;)

Hi RavenBlue have you stayed at or seen any of the campgrounds around Shediac? Always good to get a first hand account..

I saw this one, also, and it looked fairly appealing in terms of the beach, but a hell of alot of RVS: Sandy Beach-Home

eta I think I found one closer and from the pics is a beaut, sites right on the ocean! Gonna call them and see if I can muster up some good French :)

I hear you and you know what that one you booked is practically walking distance. You'll be able to hear soundcheck! :up:

I'm just a more reclusive ocean front kinda guy when camping. ie no RVs close to me ;)

No doubt.
If camping were my first priority and U2 second, I would start in Acadia National Park and work my way north and around the coast.

My ideal camping spot is a 1-2 mile hike into the woods from the carpark (established campsites only though, I haven't done freecamping).

I am extremely jealous of all those attending this concert...I am an East Coast girl who dreamed of U2 visiting my neck of the woods for YEARS!!! Finally, I gave up and moved to Ontario where I finally got to see them...I hope everyone who makes it there posts many, many pictures and has a fantastic time!!!

U2 is performing 3 hours from home!!! I won't even need accommodations for the night - I'll just drive home with the family. And to think we bought Montreal tickets a year and a half ago as it WAS the closest venue.

I should offer free campsites on my property, lol. Well, maybe not free....

cliff-side-campsite-at.jpg

is where you'll find me, or somewhere similar ;)

:love:

I don't live in Montreal anymore, but I will use that as my home base at the end of July. Does anybody know the driving time between Montreal and Moncton? Is it 10 hours?

Sounds about right. My college roommate lives in northern Maine, and the couple of times I have visited her, it took us 8 hours to get home via the T-Can (and other roads) to northern Vermont. Looking at the map, the T-Can is a straight shot from Montreal to Moncton.

I tried to get my husband interested in going to see Arcade Fire and U2, but he doesn't want to travel the distance. I look forward to all your great pics from this concert!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom