July 26, 2011 - Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions on hotels near the stadium or the downtown area. :hmm: Have stayed at the Holiday Inn at Monroeville but looking for something closer. Any ideas would be great...

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn. According to Mapquest, it's about a mile and a half walk from the stadium. :shrug:

You'll have to walk over the Roberto Clemente bridge to and from the stadium from the main downtown area (where the Hampton Inn is). People always park in town and walk over that bridge to the north shore for football and baseball games. Won't be bad at all, especially in July. :up:

You'll have to walk over the Roberto Clemente bridge to and from the stadium from the main downtown area (where the Hampton Inn is). People always park in town and walk over that bridge to the north shore for football and baseball games. Won't be bad at all, especially in July. :up:

I'll be at the Renaissance which looks like a 20 minute walk (according to Google maps), which isn't too bad.

Good to know it won't be too bad. Thanks for the info. :up:

I'm excited! Unless they add a show in Foxboro, this will be my boyfriend's first time seeing U2. :cute:

Anyone have a suggestion for where to stay? I have a lot of family about 40 minutes west of Pittsburgh, so I'm hoping I can stay with one of them. But I need a back-up plan just in case!

Anyone have a suggestion for where to stay? I have a lot of family about 40 minutes west of Pittsburgh, so I'm hoping I can stay with one of them. But I need a back-up plan just in case!

There are a couple hotels within walking distance to Heinz Field that seem to have rooms left (Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown, Doubletree Hotel & Suites Downtown) but rates are $200 plus and nonrefundable. If you can drive to the stadium I would suggest reserving a room just outside the city in Greentree or the North Hills area of Pittsburgh. You wouldn't have to book one until you know if you can stay with family though. There are plenty available and they are half the price of the hotels downtown. I would hit your family up. Free is good! :wink:

We stayed outside of Pittsburgh for Vertigo at a Mainstay Suites; affordable, good-sized, etc. We booked the room maybe a month or so in advance? Cant remember all the details, just remember having to get a room b/c I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with my son. We live an hour or so from Pittsburgh so a lengthy car ride after a long show wasnt a good idea at that time. (The doctor was upset enough that I'd gone to the show that close to delivery. My son was born 4 weeks later and is a HUGE fan, btw. He's going to MI with us; his 1st ever concert. :cute: )

This time we're planning on just driving back, however. We'll be overnighting it in MI and this Pittsburgh show is just an added bonus. :D

a Q for people who have flown from the west coast to Pittsburgh.... what's a good roundtrip price? $300? $400?

We stayed outside of Pittsburgh for Vertigo at a Mainstay Suites; affordable, good-sized, etc. We booked the room maybe a month or so in advance? Cant remember all the details, just remember having to get a room b/c I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with my son. We live an hour or so from Pittsburgh so a lengthy car ride after a long show wasnt a good idea at that time. (The doctor was upset enough that I'd gone to the show that close to delivery. My son was born 4 weeks later and is a HUGE fan, btw. He's going to MI with us; his 1st ever concert. :cute: )

This time we're planning on just driving back, however. We'll be overnighting it in MI and this Pittsburgh show is just an added bonus. :D
I'll check that one out, my uncle that lives closest is going to some beach so that option is out. I've looked at ones downtown but as I expected they are all expensive. I'm already doing Chicago Lansing and East Rutherford, that is taking up most of my hotel money. I don't have to overnight it in Lansing as its like an hour or so drive for me, but I don't trust myself to be up to leave in time to line-up at some insane hour.

Not so fast....

Pittsburgh MAY NOT BE the last date on the tour....but in fact the LAST US date on the tour.

Rumor: Another U2 360 Show After Pittsburgh

U2 fans with tickets to the Pittsburgh concert on July 26th may be disappointed to learn that it may not be the last show of the tour, after all. Rumors are flying in eastern Canada about a show being added for July 30th at Magnetic Hill in Moncton, NB. The original announcement of the Pittsburgh show referred to it as the "final night of the 2011 North American tour," but that story on U2.com has now been rewritten to say "final US show."

U2 360 Tour News Article from U2tours.com

CBC News - New Brunswick - U2 headlines Moncton summer concert buzz

I'm not too happy bout this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom