July 26, 2011 - Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder... Birthday party for Laura. July 25. Jerome Bettis' Grille 36. Anyone need info?

I lucked out with the Hyatt. about 2 weeks ago, i decided to do this show.
I searched Priceline for minimum 3 stars hotels downtown-they have a map, it includes the Heinz area.
There's maybe 4 hotels it couldve chosen for name your own price.
You have to be very careful doing that option-know your area, and what hotels it brings up beforehand in a general search before committing.
and make sure you choose 3 stars.
anyway, I tried a ridiculously low number and it got rejected. I then tried $95 a night -and gave me the Hyatt on north shore?!
Could NOT believe it. Tried to add a 3rd night because I'm staying and other friends are coming in. Priceline said the 3rd night not at $95, but I got $180, and there's 4 of us.
so, maybe try it? couldn't believe my luck.-

How interesting. I'm holding a reservation at this Hyatt. Made it in October for $329/night! Now they are advertising $227. Will try priceline and hope for even lower!

How interesting. I'm holding a reservation at this Hyatt. Made it in October for $329/night! Now they are advertising $227. Will try priceline and hope for even lower!

May I ask where you saw it adverstised for 227
I'm not seeing anything available?

Thanks,

Priceline is now advertising that hotel for $237 for Monday and Tuesday nights.

Thanks for your reply but I'm only seeing the Hyatt at the Airport.
Can you let me know how you're searching for the Hyatt North Shore?

I clicked the option to "Search for hotels near:" choose landmark and enter Heinz Field.

Just ran the check again and it's not showing availability for two nights, just Monday night.

I'll be on Ocean City, MD on vacation the week of this show, so I'll be leaving early the night before to get to the stadium early to grab a spot in the line, then after all day in that and the show, I'll most likely be driving back down to OC. :huh:

It'll be a long day, but it'll damn well be worth it and I think a little nap in the car during the GA-hours might be warranted :wink:

Yay! The mirrorball man returns!!!

I'll put on the costume again....but honestly...if you only knew the "pep" talk I gotta give myself each time.

At the U2 show...not so bad....

but try taking the Montreal Subway or asking direction after the show in Chicago with all that get up on.....

But yes. MirrorBall Man 2.0 will be there.... :)

Glad your coming to Pittsburgh. I met you and other fans at Celtic Crossings in Chicago, great picture of your license plate with Bono.

Where is the pre concert Party going to be?

I am at the Clarion also, looks like it's about four miles from the stadium.

I'll put on the costume again....but honestly...if you only knew the "pep" talk I gotta give myself each time.

but try taking the Montreal Subway or asking direction after the show in Chicago with all that get up on.....

I'll look for you :wave: Maybe we'll meet this time around.

We're at the Clarion too. Mark, we met briefly in the pit at Montreal 2 when you brought us water. :wave:

Anyone know a good place to park near the stadium that morning?

My question for Pittsburgh-area folks. I'm driving from Akron and hope to arrive around 6:30-ish day of show. Hoping to meet up with my niece & her husband who are driving in separately from Cleveland. Anyone have a suggestion of a place we could meet for dinner that's close to the venue? What about the Primanti Bros place... is it close? Can you make a reservation? Will there be a huge wait for a table? Anyone have any other suggestions where I could meet up with them for dinner that's close? Guessing there's plenty of parking in the general area.

Yay! I met you at the Celtic Crossing fan gathering in Chicago. My sister and I will be at the Pittsburgh show. Hopefully we'll get to chat again. Getting so excited for Pittsburgh!!!

Sarah

Just bought a ticket from Stub hub $40 for a GA couldn't pass up the price. Had my tickets for East Lansing for 2 years this ticket for a week :lol: Now time to find a room.

My question for Pittsburgh-area folks. I'm driving from Akron and hope to arrive around 6:30-ish day of show. Hoping to meet up with my niece & her husband who are driving in separately from Cleveland. Anyone have a suggestion of a place we could meet for dinner that's close to the venue? What about the Primanti Bros place... is it close? Can you make a reservation? Will there be a huge wait for a table? Anyone have any other suggestions where I could meet up with them for dinner that's close? Guessing there's plenty of parking in the general area.

Hi Beverly! Glad to hear you're coming for the show. There's a great place on the North Shore called Mullen's Bar & Grill (how appropriate). They have good Burghers and Sammiches. Here's their website. Not sure if they're taking reservations or have call ahead seating for that day. I'll be roasting in the pit by then...lol

Mullen's Bar and Grill | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

There's lots of parking around the two stadiums. The Gold lots would be closest for GAer's. You can click on the download info sheet icon here to view and print an area map.

ALCO Parking Corp - Pittsburgh Parking

I e-mailed Alco Parking's Customer Service Dept. asking if overnight parking would be permitted in the lots surrounding Heinz Field. I explained what to expect with the GA queue.

This was the response I received this morning:

5 hrs before start of concert. There is no overnight parking. $35 cash only.

Hi Beverly! Glad to hear you're coming for the show. There's a great place on the North Shore called Mullen's Bar & Grill (how appropriate). They have good Burghers and Sammiches. Here's their website. Not sure if they're taking reservations or have call ahead seating for that day. I'll be roasting in the pit by then...lol

Mullen's Bar and Grill | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Also think about McFaddens, its maybe a little more pricey, but its also very close to the stadium

PS. Can't wait to meet everyone in GA this year, unfortunately we have one in our group who can't make it til later, hopefully theres some blue crack addicts next to us that let her slide in! :hmm::reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom