July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Dublin Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irish people who drink Guinness are fake Irish. The same with irish people who wear green on Paddy's day. If people do that they're Americans who think they're Irish.

Irish stereotypes should all die, starting with the stereotype that we drink Guinness, dear god we're above that now, they don't sell Guinness at cafés so it ain't for the Irish :wink:

Why would you care so much? Guiness comes from Ireland therefore it is Irish. And us Americans don't particularly care or wish we were Irish, we just have a fascination with your culture, Not to Dangerous. And a good deal of America is owed to the Irish, they still run some of our cities.

But I'll drink some Guiness there because I can. Here in America we brew Bud and Coors and Miller and all the other works, and we DRINK THEM, Guess we're not above that yet, eh?

No we are not, because we ("sometimes") like to enjoy the fruits of our own labor. Plus for the most part, we just don't care.

and Irish people that drink Guiness are fake Irish?

WHat The Fuck!?

Dude, he was taking the piss. Don't be so serious.

It's obvious that John doesn't drink beer himself so don't take his opinions on beer too serious. :wink: People who don't drink beer should not complain about it.

I like beer, I like coffee and I dislike smoking, so I'll have a great time!

I thought he was being a little sarcastic, so that's why I didn't look into to it that much.

Dude, he was taking the piss. Don't be so serious.

It's obvious that John doesn't drink beer himself so don't take his opinions on beer too serious. :wink: People who don't drink beer should not complain about it.

I like beer, I like coffee and I dislike smoking, so I'll have a great time!

Grrrrr............I'm SO SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol...sure if you say so.

Hi guys I have read on U2's offical webiste that there's a fan gathering for Dublin fans before and after the concerts at CAFE EN SEINE 39 Dawson Street just off Grafton Street if anyones interested :hmm:

That might be an interesting event to go to. Kind of like pre-ritual before going to the football stadium to watch an EPL game. *runs off to check where Dawson St is*

In Bratislava the average cost for Guiness is 4 euros and Dublin is far more expensive city but nevertheless I wouldn't pay 6 euros for it too.

Bottled water when we were in Great Britain was expensive but honestly their table water with ice wasn't bad at all. Every place we ate we'd get pitchers of water with ice brought to the table. The water is safe, not like Dublin's a 3rd world country.

^No not at all. I drank it bottled and from the tap and I have a super sensitive stomach. Nearly every trip I take I get sick from something....water, food, weather etc. So I surprised myself actually during that 3 week trip. I drank the water in Ireland, Wales, Scotland AND England. It's rather silly to buy bottled water when the tap water is just fine and easy to get. I just like it cold, with ice. Many places in Gr. Britain you have to ask for ice, they don't serve it automatically with beverages. I guess us Americans are ice fiends.

I'll remember to ask for ice. I find it strange to serve water without ice. I like drinking my water cold

Over threre and thru Europe they don't drink ice cold drinks like we do in US. It was weird asking for it but nobody made fun, frowned or refused it. Just need to remember to ask for it and not to expect it. Our tour director on our trip told us about this the day we arrived and I was thankful for the info so glad to pass it along!

My other good tip was tucking a big garbage bag into your pocket or bag to take to the show in Dublin....rain is so unpredictable there and if you're there for hours waiting in GA line, etc. and it rains you might be real thankful for that tiny space a big trash bag held in your pocket! It'll keep you dry and you'll probly make some friends with it too!! Easy to rip holes in it or rip 2 sides for a makeshift tarp. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom